Derek Carr trade rumors

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So if Carr and Dak are equal, why would the Raiders do this? :huh:
Unless you really believe Dak is better?

Well.. My first post has nothing to do with the Raiders trading for Dak..

Maybe I commented on that somewhere but I guess we got off track because of someone else.

There is a rumor that the Raiders want to trade for Deshaun Watson. That means Derek Carr is available.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak is two year younger. Dak - July 29, 1993 - - Carr - March 28, 1991

I think Derek Carr ages better than Dak.

Once Dak's mobility goes and he is completely reliant on his ability to throw a football then there won't be hardly any difference between he and Andy Dalton. My opinion anyways.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's difficult to have this type of conversation with someone who constantly whines that Dak's numbers don't lead to enough wins but now wants to peddle that Stafford's (inferior) numbers indicate greatness despite leading to WAAAAY fewer wins.

I don't care about Staffords numbers. Stafford is just a much more talented player than Dak.

I don't really care about any QB's numbers unless they are sniffing 40 TD throws because there is a long list of QB's that can hit Dak's numbers in a similar situation.

Winning is what matters.

Not having the greatest offense ever when we're throwing 60 passes down by 3 scores against trash pass defenses and you guys interpreting it as our offense is awesome when they were apart of the problem early on in these games.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
A new report from Las Vegas presents the Washington Football Team as a potential suitor for Raiders quarterback Derek Carr.

The suggested trade would require Washington to send two first-round draft picks to Vegas for Carr, and the Raiders would then flip those picks along with two first-round picks of their own to Houston to land disgruntled QB Deshaun Watson.

While the trade seems slightly preposterous, the report cited "several NFL insiders" that expect the Raiders to field phone calls about Carr from multiple teams.

From the Las Vegas Review-Journal:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-washington-could-pursue-derek-125833810.html

I don't give up 2 1st rd picks for Carr, I would draft a QB before I would do that

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Once Dak's mobility goes and he is completely reliant on his ability to throw a football then there won't be hardly any difference between he and Andy Dalton. My opinion anyways.

Maybe you can explain how Dak has completed a higher percentage of his passes for a higher yards per attempt than Dalton (and Stafford) despite this alleged inability to throw a football.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I don't care about Staffords numbers. Stafford is just a much more talented player than Dak.

I don't really care about any QB's numbers unless they are sniffing 40 TD throws because there is a long list of QB's that can hit Dak's numbers in a similar situation.

Winning is what matters.

Not having the greatest offense ever when we're throwing 60 passes down by 3 scores against trash pass defenses and you guys interpreting it as our offense is awesome when they were apart of the problem early on in these games.

One guy's career record is 42-27
The other guy's career record is 74-90-1

You prefer guy #2 but "winning is what matters."

Dude please..

phildadon86

Reaction score
One guy's career record is 42-27
The other guy's career record is 74-90-1

You prefer guy #2 but "winning is what matters."

Dude please..
It makes no sense. But when you bring this up. Winning then turns into a team stat. Its only a QB stat when it supports their argument. Its nonsensical and its annoying at this point.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Relax.. This is about money and getting an equal player.

It's difficult to have this type of conversation on a board that thinks Dak is as good as Stafford.
Dak is not as good as Stafford, he's much better. Your hate has blinded you to reality. Sad.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'd rather roll the dice in the draft then give up that much. A 2 is about all i'd give up for Carr.
Good quarterbacks that are under team control for under 25 million a season is going to cost you. If Jamison was not such an idiot off the field a team would take chance on his talent. His arm is top 3 in the game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What is scary is he believes it.
No kidding. He's been a Dak hater since Dak was drafted and he's not man enough to admit he was wrong. So he keeps doubling down. It's sad and he doesn't realize how much of a fool he looks like here.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
This is a good one: "Matthew Stafford is a more talented player.."

Not only has Dak been better in the pros than Stafford if you take a quick look you see that
Dak had better passing numbers in college than Stafford..

Stafford completed 57.1% of his passes in college..
Dak complete 62.8%
Stafford threw 51 TDs and 33 INTs in college.
Dak threw 70 TDs and 23 INTs.

The list of high round (top 4 rounds) picks Stafford played with at Georgia.

AJ Green *
Knowshawn Moreno. *
Mohammed Massaquoi *
Geno Atkins (4)
Charles Johnson (2)
Martez Millner (2)

* = first round pick

The list of Dak's teammates taken in the top 4 rounds of the draft.

Jonathan Banks (3)
Chris Jones (2)
Benaldrick McKinney (2)
Will Redmond (3)
Preston Smith (2)

So Stafford had more NFL talent teammates than Dak despite only playing 3 years to Dak's 4.

So he performed at a lower level than Dak in college despite having not one but TWO first round pick wideouts to throw to.
"But he's more talented."
He has consistently performed at a level below what Dak has in the pros..
"But he's more talented."

You would think as some point all that talent would reveal itself in some more wins or something..

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No kidding. He's been a Dak hater since Dak was drafted and he's not man enough to admit he was wrong. So he keeps doubling down. It's sad and he doesn't realize how much of a fool he looks like here.
You are very intellectually dishonest.

Catch has stated time and time again that he likes Dak. He just doesn't like him for the salary that Dak wants to be paid at ($35k+).

In your own words: "It's sad that you don't realize how much of a fool that you look like here."

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

You have an answer for every comment that challenges your point of view. That's okay. We all do.

But this post clearly shows a different "opinion" you have, and makes me wonder when you say this is only about money if you are hiding your doubts about Dak.

I suppose the receivers were the reason he had so many yards passing in 2019. Or defenses allowing him to throw those passes because of a lead.

Couldn't be that he is better than you think and this defense has been so bad for so long you have accepted that fact and choose to ignore it. The money doesn't matter. The management and defense does.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Go look at his season before the trade. 6 games. 280 yards. But Dak didnt help him at all right?
It took Carr a couple seasons to get back into form after his leg injury. He is a different QB in 2017 and 2018 than he is now. That team was also a complete dumpster fire. If Carr and Cooper teamed up again, I doubt they would have any issues

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You have an answer for every comment that challenges your point of view. That's okay. We all do.

But this post clearly shows a different "opinion" you have, and makes me wonder when you say this is only about money if you are hiding your doubts about Dak.

I suppose the receivers were the reason he had so many yards passing in 2019. Or defenses allowing him to throw those passes because of a lead.

Couldn't be that he is better than you think and this defense has been so bad for so long you have accepted that fact and choose to ignore it. The money doesn't matter. The management and defense does.

No I think Dak’s good player..

I just think the difference between a player like Ryan Tannehill in Miami vs Ryan Tannehill in Tennessee is the roster around them.

A lot of these QBs are only as good as the team around them and I think Dak is right smack dab in the middle of that category. He’s not making a team better or worse.. He just provides a solid standard and stability (at least until this year).