Derrick Brown vs Javon KInlaw?

DanA

Reaction score
I don't think it's about him being powerful, because I believe he has plenty of power, but I do believe he plays too high at times and it allows shorter players to get inside and gain leverage. If he is coachable, and coached right that can be corrected and he can be an absolute punishing DT especially if you play him at the 3 with a big 1 tech to push the center and allow him to work one on one to get upfield. I discussed this in another thread, but you pair Kinlaw with a Linval Joseph or a Damon Harrisson type 1 tech Kinlaw could be Jason Hatcher during his contract year with 10+ sacks from an interior play which would be amazing.

My ideal situation.
Re-sign Quinn, Re-sign Michael Bennett, and sign Snacks or Joseph, and Draft Kinlaw.
Base
RE: Bennett
1tech: Snacks or Joseph
3tech: Kinlaw
LE: D-Law
Passing/ Nascar
RE: Quinn
1tech: Michael Bennett

That turns the d-line into a top 10 d-line group in the NFL against pass and run.

I don't see a need for Bennett in that scenario considering he's going to get a 10m contract. I'd rather spend that on a safety or CB like Haha Clinton Dix or Trea Waynes

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I don't see a need for Bennett in that scenario considering he's going to get a 10m contract. I'd rather spend that on a safety or CB like Haha Clinton Dix or Trea Waynes

If he gets 10m I am 100% with you and I go get a Safety or whatever else. I am not sure he gets that much, and I'd say 5-7m range.

garyv

Reaction score
I don't think it's about him being powerful, because I believe he has plenty of power, but I do believe he plays too high at times and it allows shorter players to get inside and gain leverage. If he is coachable, and coached right that can be corrected and he can be an absolute punishing DT especially if you play him at the 3 with a big 1 tech to push the center and allow him to work one on one to get upfield. I discussed this in another thread, but you pair Kinlaw with a Linval Joseph or a Damon Harrisson type 1 tech Kinlaw could be Jason Hatcher during his contract year with 10+ sacks from an interior play which would be amazing.

My ideal situation.
Re-sign Quinn, Re-sign Michael Bennett, and sign Snacks or Joseph, and Draft Kinlaw.
Base
RE: Bennett
1tech: Snacks or Joseph
Passing/ Nascar
RE: Quinn
1tech: Michael Bennett

That turns the d-line into a top 10 d-line group in the NFL against pass and run.

I don't think Bennett is in the picture but I do think Quinn will be and Randy Gregory will return. I look for them to have two new DT's on the Roster one in Draft and one in Free Agency

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Just saw a (very good) mock draft on Rotoworld where Kinlaw was our 1st round pick.

I've got to say, if Kinlaw does fall to 17, the Cowboys are 100% pulling the trigger. He is exactly the kind of the prospect they like. Freaky athleticism, big-school experience, and the FO has proven they do not care about medicals if the talent is great enough. Maybe McCarthy changes the rules a bit, but Kinlaw is a classic Will McClay target.

Rayman70

Reaction score
either player and I am happy.Both fill needs and are studs.