Derrick Henry to the Cowboys?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I'd love it. Although Dowdle has done decently with his carries, it would be nice to have a true thunder to Pollard's lightning. I think our running game needs a boost and that Henry could provide it.

My two trade attempts to get this team over the top would be Danielle Hunter and Henry.

Motorola

Reaction score

At 2-4, Titans at bottom of NFC South- but only 2 games behind 1st place 4-2 Jaguars and 1 behind 2nd place 3-3 Colts and Texans.

Two-thirds of the season yet to be played.
Ain't no way in H-E- DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS that Tennessee HC Mike Vrabel is throwing in the towel on 2023.
Henry is a Titan through the end of this season.

gtb1943

Reaction score
At 2-4, Titans at bottom of NFC South- but only 2 games behind 1st place 4-2 Jaguars and 1 behind 2nd place 3-3 Colts and Texans.

Ain't no way in H-E- DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS that Tennessee HC Mike Vrabel is throwing in the towel on 2023.
Henry is a Titan through the end of this season.
I could see their GM doing this. BUT what would the salary cap hit be?

Havic

Reaction score
Wasn't the Titans trying to trade Henry before the draft?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So assuming Tenn is interested what is the asking price? A 4th rounder? A 5th? And what about his contract and how that might work with the Cowboys cap limits. Some other player with some contract cap space would probably need to be released or traded to make it work, right?

Plus Henry is at the time in his career when a big drop off occurs. He would be an intriguing add but I can’t imagine him being that impactful without the OL playing better.

Secondly, with Jerry paying franchise tag money to Pollard, I can’t see him wantingPollard to have a lesser role at his price tag. Now I don’t have a problem with it, but JJ usually does.

Motorola

Reaction score
So assuming Tenn is interested what is the asking price? A 4th rounder? A 5th? And what about his contract and how that might work with the Cowboys cap limits. Some other player with some contract cap space would probably need to be released or traded to make it work, right?

Plus Henry is at the time in his career when a big drop off occurs. He would be an intriguing add but I can’t imagine him being that impactful without the OL playing better.

Secondly, with Jerry paying franchise tag money to Pollard, I can’t see him wantingPollard to have a lesser role at his price tag. Now I don’t have a problem with it, but JJ usually does.
Tennessee was division winners = playoff berths in '20 & '21 before the slump last season.
Vrabel stuck with Tannehill as the QB - which means Henry is there to help him and the team have one last run together for an AFC title.

joseephuss

Reaction score
No, we should have went after David Montgomery in the offseason but this FO continues to show it doesn't want to win. Imagine that 1, 2 punch with Montgomery and Pollard!?
Isn't Montgomery going to miss a few games due to injury?

Praxit

Reaction score
..yes, get Henry. Im sure he loved to come to Dallas and finish his career.

Woo wee, that would spark up this offense.

Henry is like 2 Zeke's in one. ;)..

Flamma

Reaction score

Dallas has the cap space. But Dallas doesn't have a 4th or 6th round pick. And if I'm the Tenn. GM I'm not trading Henry to the Cowboys for a 5th unless Jerry Jones was a personal friend of mine.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Too much cap $$$ for 2023.

Tony 10
Zeke 6

They wouldn’t spend any more for a RB.

Likely the reason we ended up with Mazi instead of a RB.
What does Mazi have to do with this? Both 1st round RBs went off the board quick. We had no shot at a RB worth our 1st.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
No, we should have went after David Montgomery in the offseason but this FO continues to show it doesn't want to win. Imagine that 1, 2 punch with Montgomery and Pollard!?
Montgomery has been looking pretty good with the Lions.

slick325

Reaction score

I would not be upset with a trade for Henry. Eisen makes a good point about taking an offense with Henry on the road (with a good not great at all defense) makes them a tougher road team. Plus, having Pollard back to being a pop player with a ton of outside runs (his strength) dialed up, would be good. What a change of pace.

But, others have made good points. What would it cost to get him? Are the Cowboys willing to allocate that much money to the RB position? Can this OL run block better?

I do not know the answers to that.