Derrick Henry vs Ezekiel Elliott

Kaiser

Reaction score
This is not a good thing.

Both have averaged 5.1 yards per touch in their careers.

Zeke has 1578 touches in the same time that Derrick Henry has 1102 touches. That's why Zeke looks like he needs to retire and Henry still looks like a beast. It further highlights how stupid the Cowboys are. Not only did they spend a top 5 pick on a RB but they ran him into the ground and gave him $50 million guaranteed. Just mind blowing stupidity.

The guaranteed money is the market rate for a Pro Bowl RB, the real question is what happens in the later years of that contract. Zeke's deal is much more team friendly than the market comparison deal Gurley had (before getting cut).

And Zeke has more touches because he was a day one starter and Henry had four starts in his first two years (behind a 29 year old Demarco Murray averaging 3.6 YPC). There is an argument to be made about Zeke wearing down (I would argue its this horrible OL) but you can't criticize Zeke for starting 32 games in the years where Henry started 4.

Last edited:

Kaiser

Reaction score
LOL, yes keep telling yourself that, keep repeating it because it's going to mean something someday you sad sad person.

Facts don't make me sad, they make me informed..... you hater hater person.

Whining about the 2016 draft is stupid even for this website.

Sydla

Reaction score
You guys do realize that literally 30 other teams NOT in Dallas passed on Henry too, right?

Get over it already, my God. Admire the guys talent for sure, he's fantastic. But yall piss and **** yourselves about this more than my 10-day old daughter.

Bigger point is we used a higher pick and spent more
money and ended up with a worse TB and more suspect run game.

At end the day, this franchise screwed up paying Elliott. That’s just reality.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Bigger point is we used a higher pick and spent more
money and ended up with a worse TB and more suspect run game.

At end the day, this franchise screwed up paying Elliott. That’s just reality.

A suspect run game NOW. After Zeke was easily top three, if not the best in the league over most of his career to this point. What he's done doesn't get thrown out to suit your narrative. Zeke came in and was immediately one of the tops back in the league. He's tapered off this season, which you can attribute to numerous things, but there's no arguing over the course of his career he has unquestionably been one of the best in the league. I wouldn't have taken him #4, but dude has balled his *** off and deserves the credit. He's not the one who took himself #4.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This is not a good thing.

Both have averaged 5.1 yards per touch in their careers.

Zeke has 1578 touches in the same time that Derrick Henry has 1102 touches. That's why Zeke looks like he needs to retire and Henry still looks like a beast. It further highlights how stupid the Cowboys are. Not only did they spend a top 5 pick on a RB but they ran him into the ground and gave him $50 million guaranteed. Just mind blowing stupidity.

That’s what he does....numbers with no context.

He defends Jaylon’s piss poor play with tackle totals, lulz.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Henry is just all about 1 cutting and getting up field and getting to top speed.. That’s all he’s got but he’s great at it.

Dude has no agility or anything.. Just 1 cut, get to top speed, and try to truck.

Size and power in spades, speed and vision too. That is more than enough.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
We had an opportunity to draft Henry

Lmao. Not one person gave a flip about Henry when Zeke and this team was on top of the world his rookie year. And even before his suspension in 2017. good lord you can hindsight every draft for every sport in history. Get over it.

This hand wringing over a draft over 4 years ago is so stupid for many reasons. The biggest is that you actually think the draft plays out the exact same had we taken someone else in the 4 spot. You think the rest of the teams play out the same.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Lmao. Not one person gave a flip about Henry when Zeke and this team was on top of the world his rookie year. And even before his suspension in 2017. good lord you can hindsight every draft for every sport in history. Get over it.

This hand wringing over a draft over 4 years ago is so stupid for many reasons. The biggest is that you actually think the draft plays out the exact same had we taken someone else in the 4 spot. You think the rest of the teams play out the same.

Preach!

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
A suspect run game NOW. After Zeke was easily top three, if not the best in the league over most of his career to this point. What he's done doesn't get thrown out to suit your narrative. Zeke came in and was immediately one of the tops back in the league. He's tapered off this season, which you can attribute to numerous things, but there's no arguing over the course of his career he has unquestionably been one of the best in the league. I wouldn't have taken him #4, but dude has balled his *** off and deserves the credit. He's not the one who took himself #4.

I've never questioned Zeke's ability as a RB. He is still a good RB IMO, contrary to what some others think.

The issue is using a rare #4 overall draft pick on a RB, when very good RB's can be found later in the draft. Derrick Henry is a glaring example of this. The Cowboys have misallocated resources here- both draft capital and salary cap space. This stands as a tragic example of the bad management decisions that have resulted in poor results for years.

starfan1

Reaction score
I've never questioned Zeke's ability as a RB. He is still a good RB IMO, contrary to what some others think.

The issue is using a rare #4 overall draft pick on a RB, when very good RB's can be found later in the draft. Derrick Henry is a glaring example of this. The Cowboys have misallocated resources here- both draft capital and salary cap space. This stands as a tragic example of the bad management decisions that have resulted in poor results for years.

too many examples of how poor Jerry and company can be. Now I’m not a fan of other teams and don’t pay as close attention but I can’t imagine that many gms missing with the regularity they have and keeping their job

Jerry and Steven have job security

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Facts don't make me sad, they make me informed..... you hater hater person.

Whining about the 2016 draft is stupid even for this website.

Awww, you poor deluded kool-aid swilling child - sitting around saying that the Cowboys have way more pro-bowlers isn't a fact, it's just fictional make believe, like wrestling.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Derrick Henry is one of the multiple examples of why you don’t draft a running back high in the first round especially number 4 overall. Any average football GM knows good to great backs can be found up and down the draft board round 2 and beyond. Unfortunately for us Cowboys fans we have Jerrah as GM.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think he had a dominate game against the 49ers in 2017 but yea point taken. Cowboys are stuck with him for a few more years and we get to hear Jerrah tell us how great he is while he is racking up 40 yards a game and fumbling.
I was defending Z before the fumbling. There is no excuse for that. I'd attribute it to pure laziness.