Derrick Henry vs Ezekiel Elliott

texbumthelife

Reaction score
You sir are the kind of fan that will literally eat anything Jerry shoves down your throat.

Anyone who knows me around here knows that couldnt be further from the truth. Ive been grilling Jerry here likely since before you joined. I'm not, however, the kind of fan who comes online to vent frustration and whine. I try to find the good. I criticize here and there, but I tend to lean towards the positive.

Do your thing though, just know it doesn't make you any more "right". The Cowboys drafts have been broken down on this forum quite a bit over the years and for the most part, they've been a middle of the pack or better drafting team. The more negative people just choose to ignore the good.

So, do you Cpt Doom and Gloom. I'll sit here and be happy with the potential I see in Lamb, Diggs, Gallimore, and Biadasz.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Explain what team takes not 1 but 3 guys in a single draft that have serious medical issues and/or completely raw person who has never played football ever - some of these were taken with very high picks? Jaylon Smith given his injury would never have been drafter in the second round let alone the 3rd or 4th round by any team - explain how drafting that guy in the second round was beneficial for this team? Explain how taking a guy like Tapper with his medical problems of any value for this team?

Explain why you are whining about a 4th round pick with injury issues when half of them don't make it anyway. Explain why you are focused on that 4th rounder when the other 4th rounder became a Franchise QB after posting one of the best rookie seasons in NFL history. Explain why you are calling that draft spam compared to other teams when the Eagles traded four premium picks for Carson Wentz, one of whom was used to draft Deshaun Watson.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Cowboys 2016 NFL Draft
#4 - Zeke Elliot
#34 - Jaylon Smith (would miss 2016 and has been trash since)
#67 - Malik Collins (Currently plays for the LV Raiders)
#101 - Charles Tapper (Currently no longer in the NFL)
#135 - Dak Prescott
#189 - Anthony Brown
#212 - Kavon Frazier (Currently plays for the Dolphins)
#217 - Rico Gathers (Currently a free agent)

So we basically passed on Ramsey even though secondary was a massive need to pick a RB. We picked a LB that would miss a year and has never really been very good with our second round pick even though we had our choice of Myles Jack, Deion Jones and a lot more to pick from.

4 of those 8 guys selected are either playing on another team or don't even play in the league anymore.

Just look at this draft and tell me how anyone can say that the idiots who did this knew what they were doing or had any idea how to evaluate talent?

BTW - to add some perspective Tyreek Hill was selected at #165, Derrick Henry would go #45 - in fact after Elliot was drafted at #4 a RB would not be taken until Henry was drafted at #45. So worst case scenario, the Cowboys pass Elliot and pick Ramsey and pick Henry at #34 and best case they pick Ramsey at #4 and pick Elliot at #34. This is how horrible this front office, Jerry, Stephen and the rest of the clowns are.

Now do 2020. ;)

texbumthelife

Reaction score
This thing really always comes down to Jerry's poor/nonexistent blueprint.

Without a doubt. He's as terrible of a GM as he is good as a business man.

Brace yourself, because Stephen of going to be even worse unless he changes gears when Jerry passes and brings in a real GM.

kskboys

Reaction score
Zeke's skillset is more conducive to a championship run, but Henry's much much better attitude pretty much negates that.

All things being equal I take Zeke's skillset every day, but due to um........circumstances....I have to go w/ Henry.

kskboys

Reaction score
Without a doubt. He's as terrible of a GM as he is good as a business man.

Brace yourself, because Stephen of going to be even worse unless he changes gears when Jerry passes and brings in a real GM.
He has stated he will, but believing Jones's mouthspew is not exactly something I make a habit of.

aria

Reaction score
Whats funny is the "not even average unless running behind an elite line" is coming from the same people who've been saying our Oline hasn't been elite for years.
I guess I’m the exception, along with @QuincyCarterEra and @Aviano90.

But yeah, a lot of people think that if our O line isn’t 2016 then it sucks.

Redline360

Reaction score
Zeke = By far the superior rounded RB although his passing game has dropped off also

Henry = By far the superior running back when it comes to well actually running the football. Pretty much all he does. One trick pony but he's playing lights out the last couple years

Was never like this until recently. Henry was just another RB until he got a good quarterback to open the field. Zekes production hasnt really been the same since Moore took over and has some serious mental issues going on.

Besides zekes issues of not breaking tackles there's no spice behind the run calling plays like the first couple of years. As soon as they line up its obvious to everyone in the world where the ball is going to and where.

Zeke is just meh now.

kumizi

Reaction score
Zeke has 7987 of offense in five years even with a BS six game suspension.

Henry has 5576.

But by all means let the Hateraide continue.
This is not a good thing.

Both have averaged 5.1 yards per touch in their careers.

Zeke has 1578 touches in the same time that Derrick Henry has 1102 touches. That's why Zeke looks like he needs to retire and Henry still looks like a beast. It further highlights how stupid the Cowboys are. Not only did they spend a top 5 pick on a RB but they ran him into the ground and gave him $50 million guaranteed. Just mind blowing stupidity.

Cmac

Reaction score
This is too funny.....maybe its boredom or obsession, but for certain.....its some blindness if the most consistent threads are about Zeke. This is stalker mentality.

starfan1

Reaction score
Zeke's skillset is more conducive to a championship run, but Henry's much much better attitude pretty much negates that.

All things being equal I take Zeke's skillset every day, but due to um........circumstances....I have to go w/ Henry.
Really ? You mean his tremendous burst? His excellent job of ball security? His pass catching prowess? Or is it his declining blocking. I see where your going with it being more conducive to a championship run and Henry’s AFC championship not being as quality of a championship skill set!

All things equal it’s pretty equal both players excelled behind quality lines. When ours went down the crapper so has zeke but his body has taken a beating.

I’m more at odds with picking him in the first place