Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Obviously you lack a clear eye view.

bdb61b98920700071a41385d2ca33a50b84ee413015c9bc784dad6bab4359db3.jpg

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
,,,Er,,,,:huh:,,, granted the fact , I'm rather limited in identifying the obvious distinct odor of this above mentioned extra lengthy air cured and sometimes extravagantly seasoned particular type of jerked meat,,,so,,, if say, one were to set the median benchmark level at plain ol' sun dried BEAVER jerky ,,,,just where would this MUMMY Meat shoehorn in at? above or below,,,as antelope, elk& donkey
Would rank below our set benchmark sniffer scale,,, while armadillo,panther& nearly all owls,along with most of the larger birds of prey definitely maintain an elavated smell level,,,just,,,pray tell,
Would the level be in determining the strength of perceived halitosis,,,hummm?o_O

You can't ,in good conscience my dear fellow, expect to just tease us with your advanced olfactory capabilities and then giddily dash off ,,,o_O

:starspin::popcorn::starspin:
It's one of those, do you really wanna? Conundrums.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It's one of those, do you really wanna? Conundrums.

OOPS!:omg:

Ya , that whole prior past experiences thing is definitely something to draw from in this regard,,,
NEVER MIND,,,o_O

:lmao:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From article posted by stash:

Johnson is rightfully proud of his ability to play all three downs. The Chiefs played more dime defense than any team in the league last year, according to Pro Football Focus, and Johnson played in 97.6 percent of their snaps, using Pro Football Reference’s numbers. All told, Johnson played more snaps than all but six linebackers, and a higher percentage of snaps than all but seven.

He plays Mike in a 3-4, should be able to play any spot in a 4-3

(also from article stash posted)

In Johnson’s first season, middle linebackers were defined by run stuffers like London Fletcher, Zach Thomas and Derrick Brooks. Brian Urlacher was in his prime. Middle ’backers were asked to fill gaps between the tackles. Anything they did outside that area was mostly a bonus.

Twelve years later, filling gaps between the tackles is merely the cover charge, with Johnson and younger players like Luke Kuechly and Clay Matthews redefining what it means to play middle linebacker. Guys don’t last long if they can’t make plays from sideline to sideline, evolving along with offenses to the point of chameleon — part linebacker, part safety, part coach.

I never said it wasn't a benefit for a MLB to be able to play from sideline to sideline - that was always a benefit whether in todays game, or when Urlacher played, or even when Butkus and Nitscke played. But playing MLB in a 4-3 is a somewhat different animal than playing one of the two interior LB spots in a 3-4. The player isn't sharing interior LB responsibilities with another LB, and there are only two, rather than 3 other LBs to help make plays behind the D-Line. I'm not saying there aren't similarities, but they aren't the same thing.

And lets keep in mind that in 13 years in the NFL Johnson has never played MLB in a 4-3 defense, and I don't think he ever even played in a 4-3 defense at all, so would we really want to pay a lot for a 35 year old player that will have to go through a learning curve?

JustChip

Reaction score
every washed up player - never fails- some gomer here wants him and starts a dumb thread

A large contingent of posters here do what they all accuse the Cowboys of, living in the past. They go ga-ga over every big name that was Pro Bowl player in their prime, which was 5-10 years ago.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
Never said I wanted him just asked for thoughts infact (if you can read) i stated a few post into the conversation that i didnt because age and injuries have caught up. This is the offseason and we are all spitballing and discussing different ideas otherwise then all threads would be dumb. Dont like it dont read it simple Didnt realize this made me a gomer. Hmm go figure

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I mentioned him a day or so ago. He's definitely at the end of his career, but I'd take a look at him at the right price as a one-year "bridge player".

And I would definitely orefer that to some of the crazy money I've heard fans discuss giving to Anthony Hitchens in a new contract.

So yeah, if it's $2 million for a year of Derrick Johnson or "4 years $24 million for 'Hitch"?

I'll take Derrick Johnson for a year, thanks.

Maybe after the Draft to see where we stand in the LB department.

jrumann59

Reaction score
for vet min you could talk durant out of retirement, it would be the same production...

kskboys

Reaction score
Hold it.........someone is seriously asking if we should look at Johnson? Dude is 80. C'mooooooooonnnnnn.

Carson

Reaction score
Was a top 5 cover linebacker last season.

We need to go younger.

But some positive light if we went that way.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You don't lose games adding cheap vets like him

is he better than Lillard or Durant ....then YES

Valorius

Reaction score
For a team gambling that he could be that "last piece" to the puzzle, he could be a good addition.