Video: Destroying the myth that Tony Pollard can't block

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm saying it doesn't matter. If the players wanted to boost their stats and McCarthy let them. Then good for McCarthy. He has to win over the locker room. So your point of view doesn't matter. Who cares why he played the starters. What happened has happened and theirs nothing you can do to change it. It was probably a mix of both scenarios...who knows?

There's no guarantees that resting our starters would have allowed us to beat the 49ers anyway. So what's the point of questioning a decision that's already been made? The reason behind the decision is moot. It was a win for the team, the players, and a win for McCarthy in the locker room. I'm not seeing a down side there.

You've been saying they didn't play Pollard because they wanted Zeke to get to 1,000. That's simply not true. Pollard was ruled out for that game. But if your curtailment of the situation to be negative, then by all means be yourself.

2 wrongs dont make a right. Either way, MM is stupid for letting them do it and Zeke is a stat hording, me first idiot for not resting for the playoff game.

Why Pollard played or didnt play has nothing to do with Zeke. Hell they could have given Dowdle a game to show what he could do if they wanted. But no, Zeke had to hit his laughable milestone.

And the fool was too beat up and tired to show up the next week.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
2 wrongs dont make a right. Either way, MM is stupid for letting them do it and Zeke is a stat hording, me first idiot for not resting for the playoff game.

Why Pollard played or didnt play has nothing to do with Zeke. Hell they could have given Dowdle a game to show what he could do if they wanted. But no, Zeke had to hit his laughable milestone.

So here you are presenting yourself as a know it all, with inside knowledge, full of facts. But, Dowdle fractured his hip in preseason and was out the whole year. So, how can we take your post as being factual, when you didn't know Pollard was out and Dowdle was out? Seems like a guy with inside knowledge would know those things.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So here you are presenting yourself as a know it all, with inside knowledge, full of facts. But, Dowdle fractured his hip in preseason and was out the whole year. So, how can we take your post as being factual, when you didn't know Pollard was out and Dowdle was out? Seems like a guy with inside knowledge would know those things.

Know it all? Nope, just more than someone like you.

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
TP is small.

he has WR like speed and is best running in the outside C gaps.

not a full time TB.

he’s UFA after the season.

Creeper

Reaction score
it was full analysis of his blocking. Video was just showing proof. And where’s the proof he can’t block?. It’s a myth. Zeke apologists made it up in defense of their fallen hero.

No one has ever called me a Zeke apologist. I actually laughed at that. I hated drafting Zeke at #4 in 2016. I hated giving him a contract extension. I have been saying Zeke's skills have diminished since his rookie year since 2018. I like Zeke, but $10 million of his $15 million salary could be put to much better use.

Zeke's skills or lack thereof, has nothing to do with whether Pollard can block well or not. If Pollard makes 8 good blocks and whiffs on 2 that result in sacks or interceptions, or missed opportunities, that is not good for the team in the long run.

I don't have the time or the inclination but imagine if someone made a video of all the plays where Pollard missed a block or was in the wrong place to pick up the defender and just showed that video to claim he is an awful blocker and a liability. Cherry picking data is not making an argument. it is manipulation to prove a pre-established point.

Maybe Pollard gets better at it, but from what I have witnessed over the years, Zeke is a much better blocker than Pollard, even if it is the only thing Zeke can do anymore.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No one has ever called me a Zeke apologist. I actually laughed at that. I hated drafting Zeke at #4 in 2016. I hated giving him a contract extension. I have been saying Zeke's skills have diminished since his rookie year since 2018. I like Zeke, but $10 million of his $15 million salary could be put to much better use.

Zeke's skills or lack thereof, has nothing to do with whether Pollard can block well or not. If Pollard makes 8 good blocks and whiffs on 2 that result in sacks or interceptions, or missed opportunities, that is not good for the team in the long run.

I don't have the time or the inclination but imagine if someone made a video of all the plays where Pollard missed a block or was in the wrong place to pick up the defender and just showed that video to claim he is an awful blocker and a liability. Cherry picking data is not making an argument. it is manipulation to prove a pre-established point.

Maybe Pollard gets better at it, but from what I have witnessed over the years, Zeke is a much better blocker than Pollard, even if it is the only thing Zeke can do anymore.

Zeke is better at blocking, but the myth that Pollard cant block is over. Its a lie.

Backs get paid to run and catch. Connor Williams can block too. YOU dont see him out catching passes.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
To be fair I don't think anyone has declared that Pollard CAN'T block.. I think the argument is that he is not as good at as Zeke which I think most sane people would agree. The question becomes has Pollard improved enough as a blocker for the coaches to trust him with more snaps? To this point the answer has been a clear "NO" but that could change this year. But again, when a mistake in blitz pickup could end the season of your highest paid player, most coaches are going to lean on what they know over what they think they know.
Agree and there are $12.4M reasons why Zeke Elliott is going to get the ball. Pollard will get his $bag from another team.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Agree and there are $12.4M reasons why Zeke Elliott is going to get the ball. Pollard will get his $bag from another team.

Playing guys who are not as good because of salary loses games and losing games is how coaches get fired. I don't know of a lot of coaches willing to sacrifice their paychecks to put lesser players on the field because of salary. Maybe they do, but I don't think a lot of them do. For the most part the better players play. Nothing is universal of course but I think that's the general rule. I think Pollard will play over Zeke when the coaches determine he is better than Zeke.. not when he makes more money than Zeke.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yah, he didnt play because it took Zeke almost 4 quarters and 18 carries for him to get 86 yards which is how much he needed to get over 1000 yards on the year.

At that point the cowboys were up over 20 points and they put in all the scrubs.

Pollard played the week prior against the Cardinals, but again he hogged all the carries.

Better question is, were YOU in the meeting room or the doctor's office? Your statements are opinions just like everyone else's here. Nothing wrong with it, just an opinion.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

jnday

Reaction score
Or that the FO doesnt play Pollard more because he cant block or that Dak will get killed.

Gotta love this guy as he goes around dispelling many of the myths that people hold onto in defense of players they like or players they dont.

It doesn’t really matter if Pollard is the best RB in team history. Zeke will see more playing time because of his contract and how it would be viewed if Pollard started. They would be admitting that they were failures. It is what it is and nothing else matters. The topic has been discussed for weeks on this board and it doesn’t matter.

jnday

Reaction score
Better question is, were YOU in the meeting room or the doctor's office? Your statements are opinions just like everyone else's here. Nothing wrong with it, just an opinion.
At the end of the day, the opinions expressed here have no value. It hurts their ego too much to admit that a fan that posts 1-2 times a year has an opinion that is just as valuable as a guy that posts several times a hour.

jnday

Reaction score

What was the excuses for the other fools that didn’t show up the next week?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That is a fair assessment. He is supposed to be more explosive and speedy. They are supposed to compliment each other. Why we have people that try to pit against each other us sickening.

They are perfect pair and we sit here bickering about it. Stupid.
That thought process, Zeke>Pollard and vice versa is a head slap for sure, Moore just needs to get Pollard more involved in the passing game, which I believe he basically has no choice but to finally do.
Once we can establish a threat with the ball in Pollards hands in space, then Zeke can have more room to work a DL.
The play calling has to improve in order for this ground game to improve.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
At the end of the day, the opinions expressed here have no value. It hurts their ego too much to admit that a fan that posts 1-2 times a year has an opinion that is just as valuable as a guy that posts several times a hour.

Exactly, it's just fun to discuss sports subjects here.