Twitter: Details from Lewis's court appearance

diefree666

Reaction score
It's sad what levels some people stoop to. So glad to hear that there didn't seem to be any basis for this charge. If our prosecutor had done this, we would be calling her out for it.

Most DA's are going to run for higher office. In this day and age being seen to be soft at all on DV is going to be a big political handicap.

Frankly that is why this case went to court to me. There was no way shape or form enough evidence here to go to court.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Just reading his side of it, because I believe it, makes me boil. I can't imagine being woken up from sleep for having left a light on. And I can't imagine the audacity to him him, tell him to hit you, wrap yourself around his legs, lie to the cops about not knowing how you got on the floor, and then bring charges against him in court after a three year relationship over something so stupid and that you so obviously initiated. And then he apologizes for calling her a ***** and whipping pillows at her. Sheesh.
Its modern day madness. Pussified society.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Most DA's are going to run for higher office. In this day and age being seen to be soft at all on DV is going to be a big political handicap.

Frankly that is why this case went to court to me. There was no way shape or form enough evidence here to go to court.

That can totally backfire on you if you pick a case like this that's high profile and your basis is a pillow fight (or at least that's what they concentrated on). I figured that they had to have more than that to take this to trial and that apparently was not the case. As a taxpayer, I would not be happy with my prosecutor at all for wasting my money on this case.

I was giving the prosecutor the benefit of the doubt throughout this thread that there had to be a reason to go after Lewis on this, that either the woman was lying or Lewis was and the prosecutor had strong evidence to back the alleged victim. If that evidence existed it wasn't used and makes this appear like a fruitless fame grab by the prosecution.

Last edited:

diefree666

Reaction score
one problem is this insane idea that being offended is against some law or the constitution.