Video: Deuce Vaughn: Locker Room Interview

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Great interview. I'm wishing Deuce all the best. It would be poetic Justice if he were to opened the season wearing number two :flagwave:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
With his dad working for the team it’s going add even more pressure on him. With all the emotion and tears that were shed when the team decided to draft him, it’s going to be somewhat awkward if and when they have to move on from him. I think he’s pretty much a lock to make the team this season, regardless how it performs with as big deal that was made drafting him. Jerry will see to it they find a way to use him. He’ll definitely be on KOs.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a self-aware young man and they can measure a lot of things at the Combine but desire and heart are not two of them.

I think his Dad teared up again watching him handle that interview as well as any rookie could.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Genuine.

Not sure what his NFL career has in store for him but he is not fake in presenting himself to the media or his personal aspirations. Good stuff. Thanks for posting, @viman96.

Carson

Reaction score
Don’t think I’ve seen many players that 100% of the fan base supports like this

BlindFaith

Reaction score
What a self-aware young man and they can measure a lot of things at the Combine but desire and heart are not two of them.

I think his Dad teared up again watching him handle that interview as well as any rookie could.
You can measure desire and heart at the combine. Like if they go out and perform or skip it and just do interviews.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Good interview, and one that offers a good look into what may well prove to be an encouraging look at the kind of mindset that makes for success. There are attributes that make otherwise bigger players look great when they might otherwise be less productive. It also seems reasonable to bear in mind that powerful explosives often come in small packages. I believe it's very possible that Deuce Vaughn aptly fits that description. ;)

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t think I’ve seen many players that 100% of the fan base supports like this
It is close but not 100%. It should be 100% based upon potential alone but Vaughn's size is scaring some observers too much MONTHS before the regular season begins.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It is close but not 100%. It should be 100% based upon potential alone but Vaughn's size is scaring some observers too much MONTHS before the regular season begins.
still confusing though, hes not a top round guy, observers are clueless, dude was taken close to the 7th round, not sure how that serves up any risk at all. if he fails nothing wasted, makes it , this is nice addition to our team if hes anything close to a Sproles type.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
still confusing though, hes not a top round guy, observers are clueless, dude was taken close to the 7th round, not sure how that serves up any risk at all. if he fails nothing wasted, makes it , this is nice addition to our team if hes anything close to a Sproles type.
Perhaps I am wrong but my experience, hearing and reading some critics' opinions, is that judgment is made with little-to-zero regard for where in the draft a player is selected. Instead, the assumption is made almost or entirely from a personal assessment of whether or not a player can succeed immensely at the professional level.

Risk is more of an afterthought. Concern centers upon a player improving the team significantly, starting with week one of their rookie season. Players, not meeting this personal expectation, are usually summarily dismissed as roster liabilities.

Scotman

Reaction score
At the point he was taken in the draft, I'd have been happy with a kicker. Spending it on a guy who seemingly never fails? Sign me up. Low risk/high reward pick. He's not injured. He's not in trouble with the law. He wasn't taken at the top of the second round.

Anyone finding fault with this kind of pick so late in the draft is looking for a reason to hate. I love everything about this pick. He needs the number 2 jersey, though. Who has it? Our in-house rapper? Give it up

Carson

Reaction score
At the point he was taken in the draft, I'd have been happy with a kicker. Spending it on a guy who seemingly never fails? Sign me up. Low risk/high reward pick. He's not injured. He's not in trouble with the law. He wasn't taken at the top of the second round.

Anyone finding fault with this kind of pick so late in the draft is looking for a reason to hate. I love everything about this pick. He needs the number 2 jersey, though. Who has it? Our in-house rapper? Give it up
Jourdan Lewis is 2. Joseph is 1

Lewis could be out this year. Has a cap hit over $5 million and coming off a serious injury.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s impossible not to like.
He really is. Cowboys have a lot of guys like these. You just want them to win. I’d have a hard time rooting for a guy like Jalen Carter or some of the other scum. Now I get it it’s not about choir boys but these guys interview well. Mazi the same way.