Video: Deuce Vaughn: Locker Room Interview

blueblood70

Reaction score
Perhaps I am wrong but my experience, hearing and reading some critics' opinions, is that judgment is made with little-to-zero regard for where in the draft a player is selected. Instead, the assumption is made almost or entirely from a personal assessment of whether or not a player can succeed immensely at the professional level.

Risk is more of an afterthought. Concern centers upon a player improving the team significantly, starting with week one of their rookie season. Players, not meeting this personal expectation, are usually summarily dismissed as roster liabilities.
disagree, you take the players at the spots you chose them so the expectations are lower and risk is ow. if not then why not take being taken that low gives the team less pressure and more time to be patient with player vs the immediate expectation a 1st rounder has to be good now or be labeled a bust, that top compensation being seen as wasted vs finding a gem in the late rounds like Tom Brady , purdy, heck even bland very nice surprise and offsets the possible miss on KJ, and others all over the nfl.

developing players is real thing but most taken high fans and coahes are expetec to have them rady now vs time to actualy develpop one you took later.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
disagree, you take the players at the spots you chose them so the expectations are lower and risk is ow. if not then why not take being taken that low gives the team less pressure and more time to be patient with player vs the immediate expectation a 1st rounder has to be good now or be labeled a bust, that top compensation being seen as wasted vs finding a gem in the late rounds like Tom Brady , purdy, heck even bland very nice surprise and offsets the possible miss on KJ, and others all over the nfl.

developing players is real thing but most taken high fans and coahes are expetec to have them rady now vs time to actualy develpop one you took later.
You are not the only person who disagrees but the folks I described have a philosophy that disagrees yours, lol. Right or wrong, their voiced or written opinions' establishes what they think.

My own opinion is that all players (no exceptions) are defined by their abilities and performance over time as professionals in regard to their National Football League careers. I am sitting back and waiting to see for myself what Vaughn and his draft class shall bring to the table both this year and the seasons to come.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You are not the only person who disagrees but the folks I described have a philosophy that disagrees yours, lol. Right or wrong, their voiced or written opinions' establishes what they think.

My own opinion is that all players (no exceptions) are defined by their abilities and performance over time as professionals in regard to their National Football League careers. I am sitting back and waiting to see for myself what Vaughn and his draft class shall bring to the table both this year and the seasons to come.
and you sit and Pre-judge a player who has yet to take snap. Right, a great philosophy but its not philosophy, its opinion based on guess work ie the same philosophers one said a certain TYPE of qb shouldn't be qbs, change them to wrs, rbs, and tes or worse never give them a shot.. also short qbs couldn't survive the nfl yet they can and have..UDFA players must be scrubs they didn't get drafted yet many more have made the HOF over 1st rounders. many players who were great athletes but not certain prototyped were forced into positions they wouldn't be great at, now you have safety sized players playing LB etc TE who couldn't block were WRs only. That has also changed.

let your philosophers ramble on , ill let the induvial; prove themselves or not.