Video: Devin Smith Is Winning The Wr 5 Battle So Far | Cowboys Preseason Battle

lockster

Reaction score
If I cut one of those 6 it would be Austin because he can't stay healthy

quickccc

Reaction score
if the regular season started tomorrow -i really believe Cedric Wilson would have the 5th WR spot locked up.
Cowboys place a heavy demand on that slot role and if Cobb were to get the nicks and bumps injury bug, Wilson will take that slot role i do believe.
Although Austin supposedly has experience (or at least practiced it) at that slot role ..but he doesn't have the size, length and hands that the 6'3 Wilson offers.
And for inexperienced 2nd year player, Wilson seems smooth, polished and sure handed. (yeh all that in one preseason game, right ?)
After i saw those impressive glimpses, i already begun dubbing Wilson as the new Allen Hurns

if anything Devin Smith is going to be in a very tough battle vs Noah Brown who management has already declared him as a lock to make the team
i only see six WRs in this unit for the 53 roster:
1 Cooper
2 Gallup
3 Cobb
4 Wilson
5 Austin
6 Noah Brown

quickccc

Reaction score

they love his electric punt return ability - remember Tavon's two huge punt return vs Seattle in the playoffs (one TD negated by flag)
and i'll bet there will be packages that will feature his open field run skills and deep fly routes over the top of the defense.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That's absurd.

Regular season games played of games possible in their career:
- Tavon Austin 82 of 96 (85.42%)
- Devin Smith 14 of 64 (21.88%)

Austin has even missed lower percentage of games than Cobb.
- Randall Cobb 105 of 128 (82.03%)

Michael Irvin (82.81%) missed a higher percentage of games than Tavon Austin.