Video: Devin Smith. The New Slot WR of the Cowboys!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
DEVIN will have to make the team. Plus, if he does he will be used more as a straight line speed guy to take the top off. Tavon will be gone. We will also draft 2 wr's. Devin isn't a slot..at least he hasn't shown he is yet.

Yet? I love the way you guys act like he has been given a chance already.

But that is ok. This is always how it begins. You will be rooting against him now. For whatever reason.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Did you actually watch him play last year? Once be was given a role in top 3, he completed disappeared. He got completely taken out of the game by Eli Apple and forced us to throw at Lattimore. Thats a huge competitive disadvantage, and the reason he didnt play the rest of the season. Im surprised he finished the season on the roster.

Jimmy Smith played well once he was healthy and given a chance. Devin Smith played poorly once he was healthy and given a chance

Did you?

LOL........Another one of those inaccurate Dak deep throws eh?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yet? I love the way you guys act like he has been given a chance already.

But that is ok. This is always how it begins. You will be rooting against him now. For whatever reason.
huh...wth? No, I love the player. He has potential. Calm down man. I love his speed and potential. He just doesn't look like a slot guy, but maybe that's because Garrett was coaching him..thats a possible issue . MM will give him a chance. That's not bashing him.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He actually didnt play much at all last year. Got in a game or two. Nice 45 yard TD burnt when I saw him.

The horrid Garrett is gone. I would expect this kid to shine this year, if given the opportunity.

Give Devon a chance. I would love to see it.
He had two starts though. His performance in those starts is why he didnt play anymore

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
huh...wth? No, I love the player. He has potential. Calm down man. I love his speed and potential. He just doesn't look like a slot guy, but maybe that's because Garrett was coaching him..thats a possible issue . MM will give him a chance. That's not bashing him.

You cant see a guy like that in the slot lined up against a LB or safety and blowing him away?

I will admit he isnt the Beasley type. 3 yard and get creamed.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You cant see a guy like that in the slot lined up against a LB or safety and blowing him away?

I will admit he isnt the Beasley type. 3 yard and get creamed.
I would LOVE that. If he can show this is camp..why not.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He had two starts though. His performance in those starts is why he didnt play anymore

LOL...............another stellar analysis!!!

Says who?

I would bet that they really never wanted to play him much at all because of his 2nd knee operation. But since Austin got hurt they were forced to play him some. 45 yard bomb shows you what exactly?

Rayman70

Reaction score
love Ruggs..MM is capable of getting guys involved and will play to their strengths.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOL...............another stellar analysis!!!

Says who?

I would bet that they really never wanted to play him much at all because of his 2nd knee operation. But since Austin got hurt they were forced to play him some. 45 yard bomb shows you what exactly?
Lol says the fact that he was inactive after getting completely shut out by one of the worst starting CB's in the NFL. If you want to convince yourself it was Garretts fault or some conspiracy against Smith, thats on you. But the fact remains that when Smith got his chance to have a real role in the offense, he was terrible.

Rayman70

Reaction score
a late round steal and pure slot wr I like is James Proche from SMU. He is lethal from the slot. Route running, the ability to find space and he doesn't drop the ball.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ok genius, what starts were those?

Oh wait...........you are looking up NFL reference and seeing that they have 2 games started. LOL

You have no idea about this guy at all. You probably didnt know who he was before I mentioned him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I just don't see a fit with Dez. Barring injury that is.