Video: Devin Smith. The New Slot WR of the Cowboys!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oh wait...........you are looking up NFL reference and seeing that they have 2 games started. LOL

You have no idea about this guy at all. You probably didnt know who he was before I mentioned him.
Lol I actually watched the games lmao.

You seriously didn't know that he started for us this year? Wow

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
OP can't even spell Devin Smith's name right and is trying to condescendingly tell people "u didn't even know who he was before this yr!"

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well if you start at WR and people dont even know that you were in the games, then ya you probably suck

Well, if a guy mentions him and you dont know who he is..........then he must suck right? :muttley:

The entire reason I wrote this thread is for uneducated types like you that need to get a wake up call. All I have really done is make you do some research.

Now you can follow him with interest.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, if a guy mentions him and you dont know who he is..........then he must suck right? :muttley:

The entire reason I wrote this thread is for uneducated types like you that need to get a wake up call. All I have really done is make you do some research.

Now you can follow him with interest.
Considering you didn't know he was a starter at one point this year, or even spelled his name right, I don't think you should be making threads for "uneducated types"

The only content you have provided were college highlights and one play as a pro. If you were looking to educate anyone, you didnt hit your mark.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Considering you didn't know he was a starter at one point this year, or even spelled his name right, I don't think you should be making threads for "uneducated types"

The only content you have provided were college highlights and one play as a pro. If you were looking to educate anyone, you didnt hit your mark.

Feel free to show where I said he never started if you can. I have followed Smith since College. Glad you finally did your research.

So tell me..............why was smith inactive after his two starts for the Cowboys?

I will wait while you try to find out the real reason why.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have followed Smith since College. Glad you finally did your research.

So tell me..............why was smith inactive after his two starts?
What you posted isn't research material of any kind

He was probably inactive because he played so poorly

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What you posted isn't research material of any kind

He was probably inactive because he played so poorly

Probably?

That Saints game was the last time Devin Smith would even be active in 2019. Tavon Austin eventually took over as the 4th receiver while Smith also started battling a knee injury.

Smith is a long shot no doubt. He is 28 and has major knee issues. Jimmy smith was a rare one. If the Cowboys draft a guy in the first 4 rounds his days may be numbered.

Either way I will be rooting for him.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Probably?

That Saints game was the last time Devin Smith would even be active in 2019. Tavon Austin eventually took over as the 4th receiver while Smith also started battling a knee injury.

Smith is a long shot no doubt. He is 28 and has major knee issues. Jimmy smith was a rare one. If the Cowboys draft a guy in the first 4 rounds his days may be numbered.

Either way I will be rooting for him.
As you are right to. And if you have followed him since college, there is nothing wrong with being a fan and rooting for his success

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our slot WR isn’t on the roster yet. Smith is t a slot WR, and he’s a bottom roster guy who doesn’t give you enough on Teams to be active. He probably needs another big preseason to just make the roster. And we might not have much of a preseason at all this year.

Tussinman

Reaction score
He got embarrassed by Eli Apple. There is a reason he was inactive most of the season. After his TD against Norman, he was completely ineffective. That TD just sticks out in people's mind. Id be surprised if he is even in the roster next year
Harsh but true.

Knee injury in 2015, recovering in 2016, and another knee injury 2017. Wasn't signed in 2018, and then spent a good chunk of 2019 as inactive.

It's going to be an uphill battle for him. He reminds me of WR Corey Coleman whose a DFW local (both great pure athletes but can't stay healthy).

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He actually didnt play much at all last year. Got in a game or two. Nice 45 yard TD burnt when I saw him.

The horrid Garrett is gone. I would expect this kid to shine this year, if given the opportunity.

Give Devon a chance. I would love to see it.
2019 stats
136 snaps
5 catches for 113 yards (22.6 average)
1 TD

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our slot WR isn’t on the roster yet. Smith is t a slot WR, and he’s a bottom roster guy who doesn’t give you enough on Teams to be active. He probably needs another big preseason to just make the roster. And we might not have much of a preseason at all this year.
He was an elite gunner in college...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was an elite gunner in college...

I know that was supposed to be the book on him when he came out. It hasn’t worked out that way for him in the league so far. When your roster spot is taken by Ventell Bryant so that Bryant can be put on Teams, you’re not a guy who’s making the roster for anything but what you give on offense. He’s got potential as an offensive player, but he pretty much missed his opportunity when Gallup was hurt last season.

Smith’s a guy you have in case you’re decimated at WR and need someone to play outside in a pinch. He’s not a guy you hand 700 offensive snaps to.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Some think Garrett and company didn't want to run Murray as much in fear he might get injured. The same could be said for D.Smith and T.Austin. With Garrett gone I hope they give Smith a real chance this year.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I think we're gonna see a lot of Pollard in the slot. He's too good to not be utilized more, but he's not good enough to take snaps away from Zeke. So MM is gonna find ways for him to get the ball.
Watch Pollard catch a 5-yarder and make a run of 40!!!
He can revolutionize the game for us!

WeDemBoyz

Reaction score
He's a cookie cut to play Z WR. Speed, motion and don't have to worry about immediate jam at the LOS.

Would love to see him get his mojo back.