Devin Smith Thread

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Why do we keep Brown anyway? He blocks? Does his superior blocking show up in the games? Is he a special teams ace?
He has potential and right now he is the best blocking receiver on the team. That being said I want my receivers to catch, they don't need to be great blockers. If you aren't on the field playing than you can't catch. Too much talent at receiver this year to keep a guy that can't practice. I like Brown, just not his health and he shouldn't make the team without practicing

fansince68

Reaction score
Odd set of circumstances for our WR squad. We have a wr that runs great routes and has good speed but no hands (JVJ). And we have Brown that has as many catches as I have fingers on one hand over his Cowboy career yet he "blocks" something fierce which nets him a spot on the 53. Not sure what the current job description is for WR on this team.:confused::confused::confused:

Altestic

Reaction score
Odd set of circumstances for our WR squad. We have a wr that runs great routes and has good speed but no hands (JVJ). And we have Brown that has as many catches as I have fingers on one hand over his Cowboy career yet he "blocks" something fierce which nets him a spot on the 53. Not sure what the current job description is for WR on this team.:confused::confused::confused:
Austin and or Cobb out then?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Same as it is for WR5 on any other team: play STs well and fill in offensively for no more than a handful of snaps.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I still don't get the love affair this staff has with Noah Brown ice wagon *** SMH... I would keep Smith over him.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I understand needing to trust your players but this team takes the concept too far. Sometimes you gotta gamble that the "fast & fluid" will make enough plays to overcome the consistency of the "slow & steady".

Beaker42

Reaction score
I’ve seen several articles that said Cobb is willing to return punts. He has experience doing so in the pros. But I haven’t heard many reports about whether he has been doing it much in camp.

I don’t know if that’s a viable season long solution or not.

Austin is electric on punt returns. One of his best features as a player.
I’d love to put Pollard back in for Both PR’s and KOR’s but he might just be too valuable to us.