DeVonte Holloman videos - For a 6th round pick, dude can play football

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
theogt;5069165 said:
DeVonte Holloman videos - For a 6th round pick, dude can play football

Dude is a Gamecock! Of course he can ball! ;) #gamecocksalldayerrrrdayyyy

To my fellow fans, please don't sell yourselves short and write this guy off. I watched him play every week. He's an instinctive baller that will lay the wood and tackles the way Tim Duncan makes bank shots. He will make this team and contribute this year. Excellent hybrid OLB/S that covers a wealth of real estate.

2013-nfl-draft-central.jpg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bleu Star;5069990 said:
Dude is a Gamecock! Of course he can ball! ;) #gamecocksalldayerrrrdayyyy

To my fellow fans, please don't sell yourselves short and write this guy off. I watched him play every week. He's an instinctive baller that will lay the wood and tackles the way Tim Duncan makes bank shots. He will make this team and contribute this year. Excellent hybrid OLB/S that covers a wealth of real estate.

You can tell he's got talent and looks like a perfect all around LB for a cover 2 scheme.

Definetely a good looking special teams prospect too.

I'd rather us use a pick like this on a guy that at least looks the part instead of wasting picks on Caleb McSurdy type of player.

zack

Reaction score
CATCH17;5070006 said:
You can tell he's got talent and looks like a perfect all around LB for a cover 2 scheme.

Definetely a good looking special teams prospect too.

I'd rather us use a pick like this on a guy that at least looks the part instead of wasting picks on Caleb McSurdy type of player.

What is interesting was I heard his interview on Moving the Chains about a week or two before the draft. I was intrigued by him because he played in a special position, SPUR, can't remember the exact name. Pat Kirwan had a lot of real good things to say about him. He also didn't shy away from the DUI and the kid sounded pretty sincere about it.

Another thing that made it interesting is that he played HS mostly at Independence High School in Charlotte, NC, which is known as a power house in NC. I guess he later transferred to a school in Rock Hill, SC, which is still close to Charlotte and won a State Championship.

With all of these athletic TE's, you need to have guys on the field like him. Hopefully he can make an impact.

DEZBRYANT x88x

Caps8Cowboys41
Reaction score
CyberB0b;5069745 said:
Who is Houston?
Thats what I was thinking haha. I think he meant Durant. Let Durant start at the begining. Give Devonte a ST team role, and let him learn the Defense. This kid I think is a Steal, and could be a solid NFL starter.

dogberry

Reaction score
If Kiffen likes safeties who now play lb, does he like lbs who can play de?

Texan_Eph89

Reaction score
DEZBRYANT x88x;5070140 said:
Thats what I was thinking haha. I think he meant Durant. Let Durant start at the begining. Give Devonte a ST team role, and let him learn the Defense. This kid I think is a Steal, and could be a solid NFL starter.

^ Sorry for the confusion.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
DEZBRYANT x88x;5070140 said:

I think Durant will beat this guy out easily, which isn't a knock on Holloman. Hopefully, he can play special teams until he gets a chance to step up for injured players.

psychowr2

Reaction score
I'm a student at South Carolina and I've watched DeVonte play his entire career here. He was a difference maker at the SPUR LB in the 4-2-5 that we run here. He worked his butt off and didn't take a play off. Good tackler, good all-around player. Loved watching him as a Gamecock, and now I'm going to love seeing him as a Cowboy.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
psychowr2;5070284 said:
I'm a student at South Carolina and I've watched DeVonte play his entire career here. He was a difference maker at the SPUR LB in the 4-2-5 that we run here. He worked his butt off and didn't take a play off. Good tackler, good all-around player. Loved watching him as a Gamecock, and now I'm going to love seeing him as a Cowboy.

#GoGamecocks :D

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
If this guy can translate those skills at the next level look out! Our LB will be awesome and probably the best in the league. These guys can fly!!! I love it!!

Reaction score
What gets me is the knock on his coverage skills, which I find surprising considering the dude played safety. Think his time in an SEC secondary can help him get his cover ability up to par? Carter and Lee are already great in pass coverage, it would be awesome if we got a THIRD linebacker that can do something similar to what they can.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
Guy looks lean for 243...can't help but think he'll project to safety in the NFL. He looked quicker than his 40 too...may be exposed if he played deep coverage, but I think the guy is a steal where he was taken.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
CyberB0b;5069558 said:
Looks pretty stiff. What position is he projected to play?
Agreed. One of the knocks I read about him was that, despite his ball skills, he's not that great of an athlete.

He'll be an OLB, not a safety - which he originally played at SC - but I think he's more of a depth guy. If someone gets hurt, he might get some opportunities on nickel packages or something like that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What gets me is the guy's a lifelong Eagles fan. Blech.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Idgit;5070793 said:
What gets me is the guy's a lifelong Eagles fan. Blech.

Escobar was a big Giants fan and his favorite players was.... Brandon Jacobs........

BW Webb I believe was a Skins fan.

Williams & Randle? Cowboy fans.

I actually saw a video of Williams last year saying he tries to model his game after Miles Austin.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;5070800 said:
Escobar was a big Giants fan and his favorite players was.... Brandon Jacobs........

BW Webb I believe was a Skins fan.

Blech. Blech.

I know it's stupid, but it actually does bug me a bit to have players whose favorite teams I hate. Not enough that I don't want good players on the roster, but enough that I'll secretly root for somebody with better taste to outperform them somewhere along the line. Brandon Jacobs? That's just gross.