Dez 3 catches where is the outrage?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Prior to this game, Dez was T4th in the NFL in targets at 71 w/ Andre Johnson. AJ Green led the league in targets with 78. Calvin was at 62.

Nobody can say Tony doesn't throw the ball to him.

But but but.... ..The narrative.. .. .. .. . You're ruining a perfectly good narrative!

beevomav

Reaction score
Well, Tony has the option to change it up at the line yes, but every Qb has a system to let a WR know he's going to him. As soon as Tony saw single cover on either Dez or Williams the ball should have gone there, it will back those safeties out and open up the run at the same time. Until we start changeling people deep there will be no running game.

Until we get a better OLine and more than one quality running back, there will be no running game.

btcutter

Reaction score
Romo's pre-snap reads are very telling. Look where Dez lines up and then look at the coverage. If the safety is cheating to his side, Romo will totally discount him. Dez becomes the last progression in Tony's read. That's fine and dandy. Romo doesn't want to force stuff into double coverage. So move Dez around and take the safety out of that play. Make a LB have to switch off or something. Confuse the defense.

This is part of the reason as to why the offense is so predictable.

Maybe Dez is actually the 1st read but Dez is covered initially so Tony is going through his progression. With the pressure Tony never have the chance to come back to Dez which is typically when he becomes open (later in the route).

dallasdave

Reaction score
i'm just trying to figure out why there isn't absolute outrage over Dez only having 3 receptions, 2 of which were TD receptions.
why isn't this THE main topic in Cowboys news today. forget the rant, forget the hold, forget the lack of a running game, forget the defense, forget megatron, why did our best offensive weapon only touch the ball 3 times?????

Why isn't Garretts behind firmly on the hot seat? Why isn't Garrett being asked to take some blame for this???

The only thing i hate about the Dez rant is the fact that it overshadowed the poor coaching job by Garrett, and gave the media a juicy story to follow.
Do you think DEZ would have got the ball more if JIMMY JOHNSON was still coach? Hold on I will answer that for you "HELL YES". Jimmy would have been going off on the sideline and when some stupid guy calling the game would have said something about him going off on the side line he would have said that's why he's not coaching and up he's there running his little sissy mouth. Who cares what little brian says on TV the Cowboys need to get fired up and play with heart.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So then how are they scoring in the red-zone than this year, which you claim running effectively is a or the big reason for being able to score there?

Because the offensive line is better. There's been times where Romo can just drop back and have at least 8 seconds to throw the football. That NEVER happened last year. Especially in the red zone.

beevomav

Reaction score
Remember the giddy excitement when it was disclosed that Romo would have more of a say in the gameplanning? Well, it looks like we are seeing firsthand the outcome of that.

Stop...this is the worst defense in the history of the NFL..and..you go to Romo?

I posted this earlier but I'll repeat it..The team had a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter and scored 10 more points. Worse is my ears and eyes are tortured by the idiocy that is Romo hatred.

khiladi

Reaction score
Because the offensive line is better. There's been times where Romo can just drop back and have at least 8 seconds to throw the football. That NEVER happened last year. Especially in the red zone.

So red-zone scoring has nothing to do with the run, considering the Cowboys are essentially now around top five in the league?

dallasdave

Reaction score
Do you think DEZ would have got the ball more if JIMMY JOHNSON was still coach? Hold on I will answer that for you "HELL YES". Jimmy would have been going off on the sideline and when some stupid guy calling the game would have said something about him going off on the side line he would have said that's why he's not coaching and up he's there running his little sissy mouth. Who cares what little brian says on TV the Cowboys need to get fired up and play with heart.

What I said. Outrage belongs to DEZ. Hope DEZ tells Brian Billick to shut his sissy mouth up quit trying to blow stuff up for media sake.

mmohican29

Reaction score
rocyaicedifference: 5271819 said:

Redzone success difference this year? Dez Bryant in goal to go is unstoppable, so opposing D's overplay in vain to stop the fade or back shoulder throw leaving a few easy tosses to TWill or Beasley for scores.

The offense still stinks. The "improvement" is simply using your best weapon in a very low risk (because of snap to target time and Dez's ball skills) scenario. The backshoulder throw to Dez in EZ should be options 1, 2, 3... and 4 if necessary IMO. Nearly indefensible.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I was outraged. So much so I felt like cap-slapping his momma. Then I came to my senses.