Dez # 6 on Chris Carter's top ten

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
The only thing I could argue with is Julio being ahead of Dez. Other than that I fully agree with cc.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think that's fair, based on the body of work. I also expect him to move up after this upcoming season. I think he could be in the Top 3 or 4 WRs next year if our OL can give Tony some time, if Tony does not get injured and if Dez can stay healthy.

JMO

perrykemp

Reaction score
It's lofty company. I'd put Dez ahead of Jones however Jones has the potential to get much better so who knows. I feel like Dez is a better overall player than Brandon Marshall at this point in their careers, however, I can't quibble with Marshall's production last year.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Surprised Andre Johnson didn't make the list, especially since Carter loves big receivers.

Reaction score
#6 seems pretty fair considering last year was really Dez's breakout season. Once he proves that he can perform like that for an entire year and stay healthy he'll be in the top three, IMO.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
He's not underrating Dez if you read what he has to say about him.

Ren

Reaction score
Andre Johnson had 1598 yards last season on 112 catches, how he doesn't make a top 10 list is a mystery to me

pgreptom

Reaction score
You can take any person in America really and get their Top 10 at any position and most people will agree with where exactly certain players belong in the Top 10. The main thing is... a HOF receiver puts Dez at #6 in the NFL. Sure hope he has a big season!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You guys can say Andre should be on the list but I'd take all those receivers over him right now. Steve Smith might be the exception.

dstovall5

Reaction score
I can't believe Andre didn't make it, the dude has put up over 1500 yards 3 times in the past 5 seasons. Also can't believe Larry is top 2, there's just too many good WRs these days. Also I don't see why P.Harvin is on the list, he's always hurt. If you're putting players who are always hurt then put H.Nicks up there, because he can ball out aswell just he's always hurt.

Here's my list, I ranked it by which WR I'd take for my team during this upcoming season -

1) Calvin Johnson (6'5 236lb 4.32-40 WR with 4765 Yards and 33 TDs over last 3 years - scary)
2) AJ Green (2,400 yards through first 2 seasons - That's Randy Moss territory)
3) Brandon Marshall (Produces no matter what - never injured) (6 straight 1000 yard seasons)
4) Roddy White (Produces no matter what - never injured) (6 straight 1000 yard seasons)
5) Dez Bryant (879 yards with 10 TDs in the last 8 games of last year - now imagine that over a full season)
6) Julio Jones (2,157 through first 2 seasons with 18 touchdowns to go along - dude is a special WR)
7) Andre Johnson (Over 1500 yards in 3 of the last 5 seasons - would've been in the top 5 if it weren't for his lack of TD production and injury prone)
8) Larry Fitzgerald (Dude can still play - Lack of a QB has hurt his production tremendously)
9) Demaryius Thomas (Big WR with a lot of potential)
10) Wes Welker (Best slot WR in the game - 672 catches over the last 6 seasons)

Honorable Mention - S.Smith, V.Jackson, M.Wallace, V.Cruz, H.Nicks, P.Harvin, S.Johnson (who? - lol)

Honestly it's pretty tough ranking a top 10, there's so many good/great WRs in this league.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Really don't have a problem with that list.

Amen
Those top 7 look rail good. I think I would be Roddy White ahead of Steve Smith at this stage, but no big deal.
Once Dez dominates a full season, look for him to possibly move up a slot or two.
But all those guys are huge studs,

lkelly

Reaction score
I haven't looked at the list, but I assume that Chris Carter is ranked #1.

OhSnap

Reaction score
I put in Welker ahead of Stevie Smith.

Good eye. How a guy with over 100 catches in 5 of the last 6 seasons doesn't make a top 10 list is beyond me. I guess it's "Cris Carters" list though and not a serious ranking.