DEZ #88 punishment--what do you think?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners,

Do you believe the NFL will suspend Dez?

Do you believe Mr. Jones will fine or punish Dez?

I love watching him play so much, that I DO NOT want him suspended for games.

You wait all off season for the start of training camp....then as a fan you have to worry about this crap in regards to our BEST Wr.

I saw this excert this morning that worried me some:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...cowboys-jerry-jones.ap/index.html?eref=sircrc

Jones said Bryant and the team know controversy is not good overall for the Cowboys and is not good for the league, and that there are consequences.

"And we will deal with those as we move along and get more information," he said.

Is Jerry just blowing smoke Zoners? :bang2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
It was a misdemeanor that the charges are going to get dropped. It was his first offense.

I highly doubt it. I think we can stop over reacting to this incident. Kenny Britt and Marshawn Lynch are far more likely to draw the Commissioner's wrath.

rocboy22

Reaction score
I'll let the facts come out first.

but, if we must, as of this minute - no punishment at all. Why? There is no proof he has done anything.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Joe Realist;4638354 said:
2 games w/o pay

Seriously?

If so, then some hard facts must come out.

We cannot afford to play games without Dez. Teams will crowd the line of scrimmage as we do not have a threat otherwise.

Austin is great, but, teams have doubled him in the past when Dez was injured.

We need another Wr with experience if Dez is suspended

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Jerry is just sending a signal to Dez that what you do off the field has a big impact on a players career.

As for punishment I hope the league gives Dez a warning but no suspention same with Jerry.

I still do not know exactly what went down that night so it is hard to say with any real certainty the punishment if any that should be handed down.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;4638355 said:
It was a misdemeanor that the charges are going to get dropped. It was his first offense.

I highly doubt it. I think we can stop over reacting to this incident. Kenny Britt and Marshawn Lynch are far more likely to draw the Commissioner's wrath.

Now this is what I was wanting to read!

I just wanted some reassurance from others that my thinking was right......Dez has not really done any BAD stuff.

Pants on the ground.....ball cap to the face.......(ok, that was wrong) but, he was provoked.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;4638355 said:

I agree but I also think Dez needs to understand that these events can't continue. Both Britt and Lynch have a long laundry list of things that have happened and last thing Dez needs is bring negative attention to himself where you lose all benefit of the doubt

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4638363 said:
I agree but I also think Dez needs to understand that these events can't continue. Both Britt and Lynch have a long laundry list of things that have happened and last thing Dez needs is bring negative attention to himself where you lose all benefit of the doubt
Oh, make no mistake about it, if the incidents pile up then just like Britt and Lynch, he is going to feel the ban hammer come down. But we have way too many fans gleefully over reacting to a 1st incident that is a misdemeanor.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4638363 said:

Agreed, however how do you get Dez to understand?

He is in year 3 and still trying to understand his plays/routes etc from the same system/QB/offensive coaches.

Maybe, Dez just does not get it?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;4638366 said:
Oh, make no mistake about it, if the incidents pile up then just like Britt and Lynch, he is going to feel the ban hammer come down. But we have way too many fans gleefully over reacting to a 1st incident that is a misdemeanor.

I agree fans go overboard. My fear is these little things continue to pile up on Dez and it can have a devastating affect on his career.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy;4638361 said:
Now this is what I was wanting to read!

I just wanted some reassurance from others that my thinking was right......Dez has not really done any BAD stuff.

Pants on the ground.....ball cap to the face.......(ok, that was wrong) but, he was provoked.

The story changed so many times that we don't even know if the ball cap to the face is true. If he assaulted his mom in any way, that is egregious, period. However, if his mother lied, there is an even bigger issue - will she do it again and when? I hope the two of them get the help they need so they can live healthy lives from here on out. They are what, 37 and 23? They literally have their whole lives ahead of them. It's more important that they both learn how to live without incident, regardless of any punishment or lack thereof.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
funny-animal-captions-stop-me-if-youve-heard-this-one.jpg

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
If DA decides not to charge Dez, I don't see him getting any suspension, most likely just a warning.

However, if DA decides to charge him with DV and if he is found guilty of DV, then I think he might get one game suspension. But if he is found innocent of charge then again he'll get a warning, I believe.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;4638367 said:

He is in year 3 and still trying to understand his plays/routes etc from the same system/QB/offensive coaches.

I think Dez like many young guys needs to know and understand when just to walk away from a bad situation.

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;4638367 said:

That is the real question there. How do we get him to understand? He is a knucklehead and he gets himself into situations that a more mature individual would not. I don't see Mr. Jones doing anything to him. I could see Mr. Goodell sitting him a game. I think it would mean more to him and send a better message if Coach Garrett sat him a game or if Mr. Goodell sits him a game Coach Garrett sits him an extra game.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
no

no

he just has to grow up. im sure most of us did stupid things when we were his age, and had a much better upbringing with better role models in our lives. Not to use that as an excuse on his part, but I do feel that it is a significant factor. I personally dont see things as escalating, if anything I believe he is becoming more responsible and this year is going to really help in his maturation process. He will be on this team a long time.

LittleD

Reaction score
Hostile;4638366 said:

If JJ does not pull the trigger and suspend Dez for the 1st game against the Giants, Goodell will. Player Conduct Detrimental to the NFL has been used many times against players not convicted of crimes. Also, Goodell would like to put the Cowboys in a hole this year. JJ should not have questioned the 10mil fine.