Image: Dez and Claiborne showing love

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
David Helman ‏@HelmanDC 15m15 minutes ago
I guess Mo & Dez squashed their "beef" from Tuesday. That's Claiborne rocking Dez's 88 at walkthrough.

CqGcJ7HUEAAKViL.jpg

Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 14m14 minutes ago
For final walk-through of training camp in Oxnard, WR Dez Bryant is wearing CB Mo Claiborne's 24 and Mo has on 88:

CqGcNlvXYAE5p0w.jpg

CqGcNmeWgAAjEsB.jpg

Drew Davison ‏@drewdavison 11m11 minutes ago
And the pic of Claiborne wearing #88.

CqGcKIXWIAIluyc.jpg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Good to see.

We dodged a bullet yesterday. Mo could've easily took out Dez's knee.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Im starting to think more and more that was a Rob Ryan pick. Because he was out the door fast that off-season.

I think it was. He begged and begged for more CBs.

But I guess since they changed jerseys for practice everything's okay.

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
Stop bashing the FO for drafting Claiborne. It was a consensus fantastic move for Dallas. Some picks just do not pan out -- but you can't blame the FO for it. I remember everyone in CZ going crazy over this pick.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/4/30/2987558/dallas-cowboys-2012-draft-grades-roundup

"The decision to move up and grab Mo Claiborne with the 6th pick is one of the shrewdest moves the Cowboys have made under Jerry Jones and I don't think the Cowboys are getting enough credit."

"With the 14th pick, the Cowboys managed to get the best defensive player in the draft. That is quite a feat, regardless of how you look at it."

"When the Cowboys traded up for Dez Bryant two years ago, I jumped over a coffee table. Last year, the war room selected the player I pushed for all offseason. This year I got to re-witness the same type of magic, landing my third rated player in the draft. Morris Claiborne doesn't just help out Rob Ryan and the defense, it changes the entire team. This kid has the talent and skill set to become one of the best cornerbacks in football. Jerry Jones takes a lot of heat for his bad decisions, and rightfully so. The one aspect with Jerry is that while the bad decisions can be tragic, the good ones can be simply amazing. It has been obvious for so long that when he wants a player, he makes it happen, but he pulls it off once again. Not many owners have that type of passion, and I love him for it."

"I love the move to get Claiborne."

"I think I'll love this draft no matter what, just because we picked up Mo Claiborne. I believe in his skills that much. To enter the draft with pick #14, and leave with the best defensive player available was a bold and smart move. Especially since Dallas only gave up their second-round pick (I can't believe the Rams didn't ask for our 4th-round pick, or at least our 5th-rounder). Claiborne obviously makes this draft."

"Claiborne is almost enough to call this an A all by himself. I think it is possibly the second best trade made by Dallas ever, topped only by the Herschel Walker move."

"Morris Claiborne to match up opposite Brandon Carr? No way a grade goes below a B, and the fact that I think Dallas shared my philosophy keeps the grade steady for me."

Hardline

Reaction score
Maybe they wanted to see if Dez could cover Mo on a slant route.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
When you draft dumb players the whole team suffers. Not only did we draft him, we gave up at ton. I hope he never does that again. I also hope we never draft anyone who scores a 4 on the Wonderlic.

Alot of people bought into the hype that he was one of the best corners to come out since Deion Sanders. But when you look at his college film he just doesn't look fast and looks stiff in coverage. I'm wondering if Dallas really took a good look at him before pulling the trigger. Because nothing in his college film shows him to be a top notch corner especially someone compared to Deion.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Alot of people bought into the hype that he was one of the best corners to come out since Deion Sanders. But when you look at his college film he just doesn't look fast and looks stiff in coverage. I'm wondering if Dallas really took a good look at him before pulling the trigger. Because nothing in his college film shows him to be a top notch corner especially someone compared to Deion.

Yeah but he switched jerseys with Dez. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I didn't think it was much. Dez is the type that likes to talk smack but to him it's just part of the game and moves on. Do I agree with that, I don't know, but it seem to be a common trait amongst wide receivers. That position just loves to attract them players. Nothing you can do about it.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score