Image: Dez and Claiborne showing love

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Stop bashing the FO for drafting Claiborne. It was a consensus fantastic move for Dallas. Some picks just do not pan out -- but you can't blame the FO for it. I remember everyone in CZ going crazy over this pick.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/4/30/2987558/dallas-cowboys-2012-draft-grades-roundup

"The decision to move up and grab Mo Claiborne with the 6th pick is one of the shrewdest moves the Cowboys have made under Jerry Jones and I don't think the Cowboys are getting enough credit."

"With the 14th pick, the Cowboys managed to get the best defensive player in the draft. That is quite a feat, regardless of how you look at it."

"When the Cowboys traded up for Dez Bryant two years ago, I jumped over a coffee table. Last year, the war room selected the player I pushed for all offseason. This year I got to re-witness the same type of magic, landing my third rated player in the draft. Morris Claiborne doesn't just help out Rob Ryan and the defense, it changes the entire team. This kid has the talent and skill set to become one of the best cornerbacks in football. Jerry Jones takes a lot of heat for his bad decisions, and rightfully so. The one aspect with Jerry is that while the bad decisions can be tragic, the good ones can be simply amazing. It has been obvious for so long that when he wants a player, he makes it happen, but he pulls it off once again. Not many owners have that type of passion, and I love him for it."

"I love the move to get Claiborne."

"I think I'll love this draft no matter what, just because we picked up Mo Claiborne. I believe in his skills that much. To enter the draft with pick #14, and leave with the best defensive player available was a bold and smart move. Especially since Dallas only gave up their second-round pick (I can't believe the Rams didn't ask for our 4th-round pick, or at least our 5th-rounder). Claiborne obviously makes this draft."

"Claiborne is almost enough to call this an A all by himself. I think it is possibly the second best trade made by Dallas ever, topped only by the Herschel Walker move."

"Morris Claiborne to match up opposite Brandon Carr? No way a grade goes below a B, and the fact that I think Dallas shared my philosophy keeps the grade steady for me."

100% agree and I along with many fans I was jumping up and down when the trade was announced because we knew what was happening right after. I personally have never bashed the FO for this move only the player for not living up to the expectations preceding and following his selection. Last year was the first year he started to move away from the Mo "Don't Practice" Claiborne persona I personally gave him. While he still is a bust imo he has improved and it is evident; however improving does not mean he is stud he has just improved. He still isn't the shut down corner we all hoped and read he would become. Until he reaches that potential he will always remain a bust for many. Which is why you can't blame the FO only the player. Hopefully he takes another step and finally sits in the seat of potential and becomes the player he was deamed to be. Going down like he did against Dez doesn't give me much hope that transition has happened.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Im starting to think more and more that was a Rob Ryan pick. Because he was out the door fast that off-season.

I'm willing to give Mo a fresh start this season and see what happens.

He's healthy, almost had a full training camp for the first time, and a new DB coach.

Mo catches a lot of heat but the guy has been average and maybe as he ages he can be a little more than that. I just can't believe that the player I watched at LSU is completely lost.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Both players have a job to do. Mo is out there getting in his work and yes is being aggressive. Hell as much BS as he takes I would think people would look at the work he is putting in. He was not trying to hurt Dez and in the end Dez was not hurt so all this what if is nothing more than the same old BS from the same old people who have nothing good to say about anything. It really has gotten to the point of pathetic around here.

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
When you draft dumb players the whole team suffers. Not only did we draft him, we gave up at ton. I hope he never does that again. I also hope we never draft anyone who scores a 4 on the Wonderlic.

did you see the play? mo didnt hit him low like that on purpose.. he's clearly going after a poorly thrown ball

but I understand our fans like to dismiss logic and just want to take shots at anyone on the team when they think the time is right

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
Both players have a job to do. Mo is out there getting in his work and yes is being aggressive. Hell as much BS as he takes I would think people would look at the work he is putting in. He was not trying to hurt Dez and in the end Dez was not hurt so all this what if is nothing more than the same old BS from the same old people who have nothing good to say about anything. It really has gotten to the point of pathetic around here.

beyond pathetic...

J_Allen

Reaction score
did you see the play? mo didnt hit him low like that on purpose.. he's clearly going after a poorly thrown ball

but I understand our fans like to dismiss logic and just want to take shots at anyone on the team when they think the time is right
That's why they preach don't go to the ground. He has to be more situationally aware.

Jerryrage

Reaction score
Alot of people bought into the hype that he was one of the best corners to come out since Deion Sanders. But when you look at his college film he just doesn't look fast and looks stiff in coverage. I'm wondering if Dallas really took a good look at him before pulling the trigger. Because nothing in his college film shows him to be a top notch corner especially someone compared to Deion.

That what I said a few years ago, they rushed that pick and the scouting team failed the front office that day.