Twitter: Dez at Playing Weight. Lost 10lbs

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
His Achilles is all that matters - that and wanting to play for the vet min for somebody.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Maybe, but it won’t be with the Cowboys.

I don’t know...there’s a reason he’s doing this now. There’s a small chance someone in the organization may have spoken to him and let him know a return may be possible.

Just odd that this is getting so much press and that he’s doing it at the star. I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened. Not saying it will it probably won’t but it wouldn’t shock me.

The Natural

Reaction score
Dez putting in work trying to make a comeback. I wish he had this same dedication earlier in his career. Imagine how good he could have been if he combined a work ethic with his natural ability.
Imagine how good he could have been with coaches that knew how to utilize him. In his prime he was a top 2 WR in the game because of his own ability.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don’t know...there’s a reason he’s doing this now. There’s a small chance someone in the organization may have spoken to him and let him know a return may be possible.

Just odd that this is getting so much press and that he’s doing it at the star. I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened. Not saying it will it probably won’t but it wouldn’t shock me.

I'm guessing he has a min few teams willing to work him out .......no promises, just take a look.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Imagine how good he could have been with coaches that knew how to utilize him. In his prime he was a top 2 WR in the game because of his own ability.
That’s a good point too, but it took Dez a couple years to learn the playbook. Irving and Pearson offered to help him with his route running and Dez was reluctant early in his career. It was also reported that Dez didn’t want to put in time in the gym to work out his lower body.

That’s the problem I have with some of our talented players. It seems they perform good enough for people to claim they are the least of our problems.

Kobe Bryant mentioned he wanted to be thought of as a talented overachiever. He had talent but he worked as if he had none and that made him one of the greatest of all time.

I think Dez had potential to be one of the greatest of all time. Instead we get to say he made a few pro bowls. Apparently that is good enough .

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
His natural ability or even his potential was never a question. His mental stability hindered his success more than anything. And now, years later he is just now coming to the realization that it's not all about him is just too late. He should have had that mentality in his prime. He can Tweet all he wants with videos of him catching passes with no legit NFL defense, it doesn't change the fact that the game has passed him by.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Go Dez.

I believe you could be Comeback Player of the Year if you get on the field.

I believe Dallas at least owes you a tryout if only to decide your status. If it is not for them
..then for some other team to evaluate.

As our greatest WR in history, you are owed that.

You guys with your Dez hate make no sense to me. If you want to hate Dez,fine. But remember Jerrah loves him.

Don't be surprised if Dallas does give Dez a closed secret workout to make their own decision.

We'll see.