Twitter: Dez at Playing Weight. Lost 10lbs

stinkface

Reaction score
And this in your opinion is all correct?

Chris Carter is like Stephen A. You either laugh or switch the channel with them. Chris is a good WR in his day, granted.

But not an authority on everything football.

So if you like him..fine. No prob.

But he doesn't do all that for me.

He is one voice, not THE Voice.

And Dez slamming him with IMs is hysterical. I can see it easily from Dez. Good trash talker.

We could use more of that on this team.

"Chris is a good WR in his day, granted."

He's in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, so most think he was beyond good. To say his opinion regarding wide receivers skill set means nothing would be a bit self serving. The Dez era is over and while I certainly appreciated his power and pure athleticism, that doesn't mean he was all he could have been if he would have worked more on his craft.

PS. See attached:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...will-train-with-route-guru-to-polish-his-game

SSoup

Reaction score
This seems like a stupid path to go down. On our team, he'd be nothing better than a backup. A slow backup who can't get separation as a receiver, can't stay healthy anymore, and won't help on special teams.

Who has burned bridges with more respected guys still on the team. And who doesn't know how to keep his head down and work without seeking attention.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dez burned a lot of bridges. Calling Sean Lee a snake was low.
I agree about the calling out stuff he did.

But I have to admit he was right about alot of things wrong about the team.

He was right about Witten getting so many targets and we know Witten was fading at the position.

He was totally right about Garrett needing to go.

With Dez..where there is smoke there is fire.

I would prefer him more humble. If he returns by some chance..hope that is part of any change.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
"Chris is a good WR in his day, granted."

He's in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, so most think he was beyond good. To say his opinion regarding wide receivers skill set means nothing would be a bit self serving. The Dez era is over and while I certainly appreciated his power and pure athleticism, that doesn't mean he was all he could have been if he would have worked more on his craft.

PS. See attached:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...will-train-with-route-guru-to-polish-his-game
Carter is OK.

I try not to use hyperbole with anybody as there is plenty out there to be found..right or wrong.

But these former players who announce are looking for clicks and ratings to keep their jobs.

Which is no prob for me..I take it with a grain of salt as they say.

The best spokespersons out there is clearly Aikman and Romo. Interesting they are former Cowboys, huh?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Still passing.

1. Provided he's in shape, I don't think he'll keep himself in shape for the rest of the offseason if he signs a contract. Hell, the very idea that him being in shape is newsworthy should be a little bit of a hint.

2. You can't stall on him in an attempt to keep him in shape until the summer because he's not going to be able to pick up the mental aspect on that short of a notice.

Recognize it for what it is. A guy who played his entire career relying on athletic ability alone trying to sell people on his remaining athleticism and a Salt Bae touch of commitment.

I don't dislike the guy. I loved him early on, but I grew tired of watching him trudge his way through the first half of the season as he tried getting into playing shape. This isn't an exaggeration. Look at his splits. Broken down into 4-game increments, his production increased as he got further into the season. I wish I could remember what game it was, but it was a home game in December. Like 55 degrees out. Dez is seen on the sideline clutching the oxygen mask like he's about ready to die.

Only way I would even be remotely interested is at the absolute vet minimum and with a short leash. I doubt he'll play under those conditions.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go Dez.

I believe you could be Comeback Player of the Year if you get on the field.

I believe Dallas at least owes you a tryout if only to decide your status. If it is not for them
..then for some other team to evaluate.

As our greatest WR in history, you are owed that.

You guys with your Dez hate make no sense to me. If you want to hate Dez,fine. But remember Jerrah loves him.

Don't be surprised if Dallas does give Dez a closed secret workout to make their own decision.

We'll see.

The Cowboys owe ZERO to the moron Dez.

They did NOT offer him a pay cut to stay before they cut him.

They wanted the moron away from the team.

He he "tryout" for the XFL.

If he wants a secret tryout I can test his agility to avoid me running over him with my 4x4.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The Cowboys owe ZERO to the moron Dez.

They did NOT offer him a pay cut to stay before they cut him.

They wanted the moron away from the team.

He he "tryout" for the XFL.

If he wants a secret tryout I can test his agility to avoid me running over him with my 4x4.
Oh my..

Bad mood?

Go have lunch and watch this..

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This seems like a stupid path to go down. On our team, he'd be nothing better than a backup. A slow backup who can't get separation as a receiver, can't stay healthy anymore, and won't help on special teams.

Who has burned bridges with more respected guys still on the team. And who doesn't know how to keep his head down and work without seeking attention.
I think you are misinformed.

Give this a view. Yes he needs to prove he can still run and jump.

If he can..we need him.

conner01

Reaction score
Still passing.

1. Provided he's in shape, I don't think he'll keep himself in shape for the rest of the offseason if he signs a contract. Hell, the very idea that him being in shape is newsworthy should be a little bit of a hint.

2. You can't stall on him in an attempt to keep him in shape until the summer because he's not going to be able to pick up the mental aspect on that short of a notice.

Recognize it for what it is. A guy who played his entire career relying on athletic ability alone trying to sell people on his remaining athleticism and a Salt Bae touch of commitment.

I don't dislike the guy. I loved him early on, but I grew tired of watching him trudge his way through the first half of the season as he tried getting into playing shape. This isn't an exaggeration. Look at his splits. Broken down into 4-game increments, his production increased as he got further into the season. I wish I could remember what game it was, but it was a home game in December. Like 55 degrees out. Dez is seen on the sideline clutching the oxygen mask like he's about ready to die.

Only way I would even be remotely interested is at the absolute vet minimum and with a short leash. I doubt he'll play under those conditions.
I think he wore on most fans
Loved his heart and desire, hated how he expressed it
But I’d still kick the tires if MM thinks it is a good idea
What I wouldn’t want if jerry forcing him on MM
If I’m jerry I ask MM what he thinks, if he wants to see him workout and let him make the decision
As GM his job is to get the HC what he wants and that requires his input
If MM likes the idea then jerry needs to just work out the money but shouldn’t be a part of the decision

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think he wore on most fans
Loved his heart and desire, hated how he expressed it
But I’d still kick the tires if MM thinks it is a good idea
What I wouldn’t want if jerry forcing him on MM
If I’m jerry I ask MM what he thinks, if he wants to see him workout and let him make the decision
As GM his job is to get the HC what he wants and that requires his input
If MM likes the idea then jerry needs to just work out the money but shouldn’t be a part of the decision
Agreed.

MM has to have control of personnel.

There is a possibility they draft a WR late in the draft.

But for a 1-3 years left if Dez can play..

he would be most appreciated in Dallas.

He knows that.