Dez Bryant admits he did not work hard enough last offseason

joseephuss

Reaction score
Nothing he could have done would have prevented him from breaking his foot. Things happen. Just like Romo's shoulder.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sad to hear a guy getting paid all that jack and doesn't put in the effort. Yet here I am still flipping burgers tonight at McCy D's giving 100% effort. What a shame Dez...

He's a mental midget. This shouldn't be shocking. He will always be high maintenance. He'll always be a guy you have to micromanage. Then you have a player like Zeke Elliott. Highly intelligent. Leader. He'll never be his own worst enemy.

I know our fan base will be falling over their own feet to be putting up "the X" this year, whatever the bleep that's supposed to mean, but I personally can not wait until the post Dez Bryant era. Build your offense around a WR who doesn't read Pop Tart directions.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
So all those workout videos he posted were staged.. Hmmm...

Pfffttt

Translation: We are always striving to get better therefore we push ourselves to new dimensions every year. Coach/Veteran/Leadership/Speak

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Romo says the he has a schedule in place for he and Dez to work out together before training camp.
This is more for timing and two-minute stuff, but also to assure they are rolling when training camp starts.

I saw an interview with Michael Irvin in which he said that he and Aikman were so in sync that he could run a route with his eyes closed and know exactly when to reach out his arms and the ball would be right there. I want Tony and Dez in sync like that.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Jason Witten says it a lot as well. Romo has said something similar too. Wonder if that is Garrett speak or something the leaders of the team say and it spread.

I think it's Garrett's coach talk especially since other mantras he repeats have been repeated by players. Scandrick comes to mind as recently saying something that is a Garrett mantra.

It is not Garrett.

It is what players are trained to say.

Do players for other teams say "yeah, we don't want to work hard, every day, blah blah."

It is just a simple way to deflect the question and means zero in determining what a team's psychological state is.

You could probably go back into this time last year and hear the same "mantra".

You will see that on pretty much every team right now.

Garrett is excellent at things that are on the surface.

He says the right things.

His lieutenants on the team repeat them.

That is step one.

But there is more to coaching a team than programming.

The great ones go beyond that off the field and more specific and important, do it when there are live games going on.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Not worried about dez. He will come out this year and show he can still be a top 5 wr.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jason Witten says it a lot as well. Romo has said something similar too. Wonder if that is Garrett speak or something the leaders of the team say and it spread.

I think it's Garrett's coach talk especially since other mantras he repeats have been repeated by players. Scandrick comes to mind as recently saying something that is a Garrett mantra.

That's what I thought, too. The words even sound like Garrett. It reads strangely, coming from Dez.

fortdick

Reaction score
I didn't like his hold out either but that's not what I'm talking about.

I am beginning to wonder if you are always grumpy or just as it relates to the Cowboys? I bet if you looked at the good things instead of focusing on what is wrong, you would feel better about life in general.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I am beginning to wonder if you are always grumpy or just as it relates to the Cowboys? I bet if you looked at the good things instead of focusing on what is wrong, you would feel better about life in general.

There is penty of good things I see about the Cowboys, I just don't post about them.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Troy was right. That monkey was a sure sign that something was off with Dez.

As soon as I saw that Dez had one, I thought 'you have got to be kidding.' It was probably the low point of my career when this particular player - Oronde Gadsden - he had a pet monkey and, at that time, the locker room was just in complete disarray. We had people coming and going, we had people who were getting suits made inside the locker room. We had tailors coming, you name it, it was happening. And then Oronde shows up with this pet monkey. What's the monkey gonna be doing while we're trying to practice, we're going to meetings? Who's watching the monkey for crying out loud? And I'm not sure anybody was. But he would bring this monkey and he put a diaper on it so we wouldn't have to worry about, you know. It was insanity. When I saw that Dez got a monkey, I thought - first of all, why would you want a monkey? And then second I thought, surely Jason Garrett remembers the days of Oronde Gasden and the monkey. You go back and say are they close, are they not close after losing the last five games. If the monkey's occupying space in the locker room, they're a long ways away.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I saw an interview with Michael Irvin in which he said that he and Aikman were so in sync that he could run a route with his eyes closed and know exactly when to reach out his arms and the ball would be right there. I want Tony and Dez in sync like that.

That's be nice!
Hard to duplicate though--as Dez could never be the route runner Irvin was and even though Tony is accurate, Aikman was moreso...especially not under duress..

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Sad to hear a guy getting paid all that jack and doesn't put in the effort. Yet here I am still flipping burgers tonight at McCy D's giving 100% effort. What a shame Dez...

The part that peeves me is here is a guy being paid all this money as a leader of the team and that was what we got.

We'll see if things are different but I got a feeling we have seen his best.

Paying him like we did and letting Murray go was all about being "Romo Friendly" which so far has done nothing but extend alot of frustration with this team.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The part that peeves me is here is a guy being paid all this money as a leader of the team and that was what we got.

We'll see if things are different but I got a feeling we have seen his best.

Paying him like we did and letting Murray go was all about being "Romo Friendly" which so far has done nothing but extend alot of frustration with this team.

Wow knee jerk much? Cowboys fans are ridiculous

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's a mental midget. This shouldn't be shocking. He will always be high maintenance. He'll always be a guy you have to micromanage. Then you have a player like Zeke Elliott. Highly intelligent. Leader. He'll never be his own worst enemy.

I know our fan base will be falling over their own feet to be putting up "the X" this year, whatever the bleep that's supposed to mean, but I personally can not wait until the post Dez Bryant era. Build your offense around a WR who doesn't read Pop Tart directions.

Smh par the course for you

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I hope we win some Pop Tart Super Bowls before then.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It seems Dez let his discontent with his contract situation to interfere with his preparation last year. If so, he surely paid for it in spades. Too many players feel like they're taking it out on the team by doing so, when in reality, they're only hurting themselves in the long run. At least, he's come to his senses and now evidently realizes what a foolish mistake he made. Here's hoping he'll manage to recover his missing "mojo" in 2016.

Last edited: