Dez Bryant approaching D Ware in years

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Ware was a no show in crunch time and was a part of historically bad defenses.

But yea lets continue to rag on Dez...

lol, it's Saturday night, the wife is out with the gals, there ain't no football we have to rag on someone. Honestly, I think dez get's his 9 years in Dallas just like Ware. After that who knows

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
He led the league in sacks twice while getting double teamed. He never had another elite pass rusher next to him.
The best he had was an aging Greg Ellis. He's a top 7 pass rusher all-time.

That's a good comparison with Dez too. Neither has had elite next to them. Dezz ie had an all pro Witt at one time but Dezzie was Dezzie beast back then too. Wouldn't call either a beast now

Techsass

Reaction score
Ware was out on the field when most players wouldn't have even suited up for the game. And nobody thought his backup was the better option.

Techsass

Reaction score
He gets it from me. The rest I don't know, really don't care. I get that you're irritated, but not everybody is disagreeing with you. I just don't think ragging on Ware is the way to make your point.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Ware was out on the field when most players wouldn't have even suited up for the game. And nobody thought his backup was the better option.

That's the thing, we had no better option for Ware or Dez. I'd like to think that drafting a WR is super easy like picking apples after wind fall but it's not that easy. Neither is replacing a player like D Ware. Yep, Tank did it ONCE. Find a guy that come in and pick up 850-1000 yards receiving with 6-8 TD's per year right out of the draft. Yes $12.5 mill is a lot of coin but JJ signed that deal and I don't hate on Dez for grabbing the coinage while he's young. Ware's contract was pretty large too as I recall. Fact is they do have a lot in common after 8 and 9 years respectively. HOF not withstanding

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Hey,not gonna lie, I've liked both Ware and Dez. Different characters and personalities but so what. Dez's down fall with fans is that cap hit. Pure and simple

cern

Reaction score
Ware should be a first ballot hof player. Not the other guy.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I want the swag of the 90's back. Dez has some of that. Zeke too. Damn we need a blood transfusion at HC. Transfuse JG with some of Jimmy's swag. Calm and cool is nice but hey JG "HOW ABOUT THEM COWBOYS"!!

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Ware should be a first ballot hof player. Not the other guy.

If not for the ring he probably wouldn’t be.

1 leads the team in sacks all-time and the other leads the team in receiving TD’s all-time.

But let’s keep up the Dez bashing it’s fun for all ages.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez was out on the field after a broken foot injury that keeps most players out for entire seasons. Was he given the benefit of doubt from fans?
He later complained and said they forced him to play before he was ready.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
This wasn't intended to be a bash Dez thread. If you read it , all I did was copy it BTW, all it really does is compare the careers of Dez and d Ware in Dallas. Their trajectory so to speak. We let d Ware go after 9 years and in all honesty the switch to a 4-3 scheme hurt him his last two years here. Very similar to the scheme change on offense for Dez when Romo went down.

There really are a lot of similarities in their careers here. Obviousy can't compare them in any other way other than performance (one the all time sack leader, the other the all time TD leader), production curve at their respective positions (both appear to be headed downwards) and character/personality. D Ware was humble (it appeared) and not the expressive that Dez is. Neither won the big prize in Dallas. Ware was fortunate to go to a system in Denver (3-4 DE) opposite a great pass rusher. Hey, maybe Dez (when eventually released, and no oone knows when) will end up some where opposite a great WR. Most of us were happy for D when he got his ring. Would we be happy for Dez if the same thing happened? I would as long as he didn't torch us

Last edited: