Twitter: Dez Bryant blames the scheme for his declining production, not Dak Prescott

lkelly

Reaction score
I hope the new scheme involves a pet monkey as the third down slot receiver. Who is going to be able to cover that?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I will say that a new OC would probably do Dez right. You can't go with the same scheme no matter what QB comes in. You can't play the same scheme with Romo than you do with other QBs, or the same scheme with Brady, that you would use with Rivers, etc. You have to adjust the scheme to fit the QB.
We need a new OC, and this is Marinelli's last year if he doesn't bring this defense up. This defense is inconsistent and have been for years, but we definitely need a new OC and for that OC to bring it's own philosophy in. With this, I'd give Dez one more year as the #2 receiver with a reduced salary.
Someone remember this G D prescient post and bring it up later.
I know I won't, but in passing, but it's so correct and the best for this team would be for it to happen.

Not your fault, my man, @Clove , but my own.

I just want this post to be recognized and remembered by more than myself.

Asklesko

Reaction score
No. He is a one trick pony who can't do that one trick any longer. Not even close to a HOF player, in Dallas or not.

How much is it really him, though? Garrett doesn't know how to use him, and his quarterback can't get it to him even if Garrett did know.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Bet you Beasley can say the same thing about Schemes. Look Dez would have had better numbers with a guy like Sean Peyton. Linehan is DUMB and his scheme is VANILLA. The defense knows the plays at the line of scrimmage. Screwed up the Packers playoff game last year also. RUN THE DAMN BALL idiot.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's funny is they hired David Wells to be his babysitter, who is a gigantic piece of ****. I can almost guarantee you he was ripping Dez off.
I know somebody in law enforcement in the area where Dez rented that house from Wells. I also know someone in the local sports media. Between the two, I've heard many stories about Dez that seem to be somewhat common knowledge among the local media and law enforcement.

Wells was sleazy but kept Dez out of trouble. Dez got into trouble often but they were able to cover up most of of it. Dez likely benefitted more from Wells keeping him out of trouble more than Wells profited from Dez considering they might have saved his career.

Jerry told the local sports media that if they reported on the Dez behavior issues that he would cut their access to the team. Jerry even told one of the radio guys on-air that he was going to get fired if he kept pushing issues that were off limits.

It was some local media that told the national reporter Schefter about the Walmart video. They also told him about the huge number of missed practices. Schefter didn't need Cowboys team access and therefore could report the issues. Schefter paid to get a video from a surveillance camera but it turned out not to show the incriminating part of the incident. The incriminating video was a cell phone video and the common story is that Jerry paid 1 million for the video. The incident is rumored to be worse than the Ray Rice incident.

Dez screwed over the guys that had the idea for throw up the X. They had the idea and helped him market it. They made some money selling merchandise but Dez got more than half the money and they did all the work and had the idea. When he signed with the criminals Jay Z and Roc Nation, they forced those guys to stop selling Merchandise although they had an agreement with Dez. They reportedly got stuck with tens of thousands in merchandise that they couldn't sell.

Jerry worked out an advance or restructured contract in the early years because Dez was broke and was in trouble for not paying for Jewelry. There are NFL limits on what can be done with rookie contracts but Jerry worked something out.

Despite everything Jerry did to keep him out of trouble, he immediately held out of offseason activities when they franchised him. They originally had an agreement in place with his agent but Jay Z convinced him to drop that agent and hire Roc which is why they Franchised him to have time to work out the new contract. He returned from the hold out and was significantly out of shape.

Fast forward to now and he was a big part of the disaster of the Seattle game but is now publically blaming the scheme/coaching and is going to try going over the coaches heads directly to Jerry.

People laugh about Garrett's RKG mantra but give me more Sean Lee, Jason Witten and Tony Romo types and less Dez types on the team.

Slim_JD

Reaction score
What would dez's numbers look like if he had a say Phillip Rivers or Matthew Stafford throwing him the ball?

kevm3

Reaction score
Plans to talk to Jerry.. what a joke.​
So even our players realize the scheme sucks

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Fast forward to now and he was a big part of the disaster of the Seattle game but is now publically blaming the scheme/coaching and is going to try going over the coaches heads directly to Jerry.

Just another classic example of what is wrong with the culture.

An overpaid, underachieving but "made" man in Jones' eyes player goes running around the head coach to the owner.

This is exactly why any head coach worth his salt will never want this job as long as Jones is alive.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If the scheme is busted, that sounds like a fairly technical, Xs and Os type discussion, so your first stop is... the owner?
Of course.

This is Dallas.

It is what is made clear to the players from the moment they walk in the door.

Don't worry about the head coach. You can come to me if you have problems. He is not in charge.

Garrett is awful and has his own problems, but you see what happens when the pressure gets turned up.

The players don't respect him and then do a run-around.

basstapp

Reaction score
I still cut him and sign marquise lee and or Decker. I would then thank him for trying to get Garrett fired.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
What would dez's numbers look like if he had a say Phillip Rivers or Matthew Stafford throwing him the ball?

Doesn’t matter who’s throwing him the ball if he can’t consistently catch it. I still see the dropped TD against the Chargers or the could’ve been TD that he dropped against a scrub CB vs. the GMen.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
It wasnt Linehan who’s fumble and tip was the starting point to 14 SEA pts. All of you talk about Jerry and JG not being held accountable but refuse to want anybody to hold dez accountable for his drops and bad route running. Not holding him accountable for not being able to cut off routes when his an is in trouble. For not recognizing defenses. Dez is a great athlete but he is a bad football teammate. This is why he will never be in the elite we class because he is selfish and he has never taking the studying part of the game to the next level. He makes nobody better.

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
Still confused how Linehan becomes the scapegoat for implementing Garrett's scheme? I mean what is the point of an OC if he is handcuffed to someone else's scheme? This seems like backwards thinking to me. One thing is for sure, Garrett will always have a scapegoat when things fail. Blame the play caller not the one who designs the plays.