Twitter: Dez Bryant blames the scheme for his declining production, not Dak Prescott

Verdict

Reaction score
I think the more important point here is that if he were in New Orleans, he'd be putting up legit top flight WR numbers like he did a few years ago.

Dream on bullwinkle

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I know somebody in law enforcement in the area where Dez rented that house from Wells. I also know someone in the local sports media. Between the two, I've heard many stories about Dez that seem to be somewhat common knowledge among the local media and law enforcement.

Wells was sleazy but kept Dez out of trouble. Dez got into trouble often but they were able to cover up most of of it. Dez likely benefitted more from Wells keeping him out of trouble more than Wells profited from Dez considering they might have saved his career.

Jerry told the local sports media that if they reported on the Dez behavior issues that he would cut their access to the team. Jerry even told one of the radio guys on-air that he was going to get fired if he kept pushing issues that were off limits.

It was some local media that told the national reporter Schefter about the Walmart video. They also told him about the huge number of missed practices. Schefter didn't need Cowboys team access and therefore could report the issues. Schefter paid to get a video from a surveillance camera but it turned out not to show the incriminating part of the incident. The incriminating video was a cell phone video and the common story is that Jerry paid 1 million for the video. The incident is rumored to be worse than the Ray Rice incident.

Dez screwed over the guys that had the idea for throw up the X. They had the idea and helped him market it. They made some money selling merchandise but Dez got more than half the money and they did all the work and had the idea. When he signed with the criminals Jay Z and Roc Nation, they forced those guys to stop selling Merchandise although they had an agreement with Dez. They reportedly got stuck with tens of thousands in merchandise that they couldn't sell.

Jerry worked out an advance or restructured contract in the early years because Dez was broke and was in trouble for not paying for Jewelry. There are NFL limits on what can be done with rookie contracts but Jerry worked something out.

Despite everything Jerry did to keep him out of trouble, he immediately held out of offseason activities when they franchised him. They originally had an agreement in place with his agent but Jay Z convinced him to drop that agent and hire Roc which is why they Franchised him to have time to work out the new contract. He returned from the hold out and was significantly out of shape.

Fast forward to now and he was a big part of the disaster of the Seattle game but is now publically blaming the scheme/coaching and is going to try going over the coaches heads directly to Jerry.

People laugh about Garrett's RKG mantra but give me more Sean Lee, Jason Witten and Tony Romo types and less Dez types on the team.
Thanks for the effort but stop the rumors and gossip. I agree with wanting more Sean lees but that Walmart situation was bogus

Verdict

Reaction score
I know somebody in law enforcement in the area where Dez rented that house from Wells. I also know someone in the local sports media. Between the two, I've heard many stories about Dez that seem to be somewhat common knowledge among the local media and law enforcement.

Wells was sleazy but kept Dez out of trouble. Dez got into trouble often but they were able to cover up most of of it. Dez likely benefitted more from Wells keeping him out of trouble more than Wells profited from Dez considering they might have saved his career.

Jerry told the local sports media that if they reported on the Dez behavior issues that he would cut their access to the team. Jerry even told one of the radio guys on-air that he was going to get fired if he kept pushing issues that were off limits.

It was some local media that told the national reporter Schefter about the Walmart video. They also told him about the huge number of missed practices. Schefter didn't need Cowboys team access and therefore could report the issues. Schefter paid to get a video from a surveillance camera but it turned out not to show the incriminating part of the incident. The incriminating video was a cell phone video and the common story is that Jerry paid 1 million for the video. The incident is rumored to be worse than the Ray Rice incident.

Dez screwed over the guys that had the idea for throw up the X. They had the idea and helped him market it. They made some money selling merchandise but Dez got more than half the money and they did all the work and had the idea. When he signed with the criminals Jay Z and Roc Nation, they forced those guys to stop selling Merchandise although they had an agreement with Dez. They reportedly got stuck with tens of thousands in merchandise that they couldn't sell.

Jerry worked out an advance or restructured contract in the early years because Dez was broke and was in trouble for not paying for Jewelry. There are NFL limits on what can be done with rookie contracts but Jerry worked something out.

Despite everything Jerry did to keep him out of trouble, he immediately held out of offseason activities when they franchised him. They originally had an agreement in place with his agent but Jay Z convinced him to drop that agent and hire Roc which is why they Franchised him to have time to work out the new contract. He returned from the hold out and was significantly out of shape.

Fast forward to now and he was a big part of the disaster of the Seattle game but is now publically blaming the scheme/coaching and is going to try going over the coaches heads directly to Jerry.

People laugh about Garrett's RKG mantra but give me more Sean Lee, Jason Witten and Tony Romo types and less Dez types on the team.

That's profound stuff. The Dez Fan Bois won't appereciate that. AT ALL.

Verdict

Reaction score
Thanks for the effort but stop the rumors and gossip. I agree with wanting more Sean lees but that Walmart situation was bogus

Dez Fan Bois come on down. You are the next contestant in the land or rainbows and unicorns!!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
At least dez is speaking up, more players need to do the same.
Then we might see some changes.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
If this starts the ball rolling that pushes Garrett-top out then Dez can stay in Dallas as long as he wants.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Doesn’t matter who’s throwing him the ball if he can’t consistently catch it. I still see the dropped TD against the Chargers or the could’ve been TD that he dropped against a scrub CB vs. the GMen.

Also dropped one against Green Bay and was bailed out by a terrible (fake) helmet to helmet hit where he acted like he was hit in the head but was actually hit on the shoulder.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
I'm a pretty big Dez defender and scheme hater but unless the scheme is saying Dez shouldn't close his hands around the ball and hold on as it passes between them, Ima go ahead and say maybe just be quiet Dez...

kazzd58

Reaction score
Plans to talk to Jerry.. what a joke.​

Soooo are yall gonna act like hes lying the base system is cool but this the NFL i expect coaches to get players open not just beat your man... Coach not creative enough and in game play calling duse if the cover outs option a go route or post route..

Just waisting talent ... Switzer got his QB picked number 1 in the draft yet we dont use him on offense.

When Bease went down all we heard was how good switz was doing in the slot and we dont even use him right... how many more 1st downs could we have had with him as an option.. Lost games that could been turned around by a couple extra 1st downs...

our OC hasnt won anywhere as OcC Or a Head coach.. We waiting our window.. At least Marrinelli has turned some water into wine on that defense

Scott got all the luxuries and still strugglin..

Romo was real coordinator

kevm3

Reaction score
Our own players have said the scheme is too simple, from TO to now Dez. Opposing offenses say the scheme is simple. Fans say the scheme is simple. Even the media can see it. I don't know what else needs to be said. You're not going to beat the actual quality teams by telling your receivers, 'hey, just run down the field 10 yards and turn around.'

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Atleast he didn't throw a teamate under the bus like Dak did. Dak gets disrespectful ** & no-one bats an eye lmao. Romo wouldve never done that.

Sandyf

Reaction score
As much as I believe Dez isn't a #1 type WR anymore, he does have a point about scheme. It appears that Linehan scheme fit Romo perfect but Romo isn't the QB anymore and had quite a different set of skills than Dak yet Linehan wants Dak to run the same scheme. If you are truly a fan, how many QBs have we seen go down the tubes because a coach doesn't want to change the scheme they have for a new QB. Last year was a bit magical one because very few injuries and teams took half a year on how to play Dak and Zeke, this year injuries to Lee and Smith hurt plus Zeke out plus distractions (Jerry) plus how many times was Dak sacked and hit this year as opposed to last. Different outcomes, same scheme.

Cmac

Reaction score
If Dez gets Linehan removed he’ll go from hated to hero in my book
Seems Dak needs to man up too, we're all viewing this putrid and predictable offense with very little adjustment.

Cmac

Reaction score
Atleast he didn't throw a teamate under the bus like Dak did. Dak gets disrespectful ** & no-one bats an eye lmao. Romo wouldve never done that.
Dak definitely needs to be careful with words. Didn't we see Beasley in the endzone frustrated that Dak didn't look his way?