Dez Bryant -Demaryius Thomas Debate

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Who will have the better career? Gotta laugh at the Bronco board. They are attacking Dez accusing his publicist of putting the Ireland story out. Calling his character sketchy. Already labeling him a bust.

Sure looks like a bust to me.:laugh1:

Aikbach

Reaction score
I've never even heard of the guy they drafted, Kevin Dyson anyone? :p:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
They are both going to be good players.

Thomas is a beast, but he's just not naturally gifted like Dez.

In fact I think Thomas is a Terrell Owens clone. If he has the drive to work hard and finds himself in the right situations he could be that productive.

He also has to prove his speed is adequate enough.

Dez is just a football player. He's on another level when the ball is in the air and when he gets a hold of it. His body control is phenominal.

Aikbach

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3386318 said:

In fact I think Thomas is a Terrell Owens clone. If he has the drive to work hard and finds himself in the right situations he could be that productive.

Dez is just a football player. He's on another level when the ball is in the air and when he gets a hold of it. His body control is phenominal.
So he's an egotistical ******* to compensate for his vast personal insecurities?

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Thomas was rated as an early 2nd round pick by the Cowboys. He's got talent, there's no doubting that, but he's just not on the same level as Dez.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;3386318 said:

I'll go out on a limb and say no way is Thomas a TO clone and that he can't be that productive. He may well end up a probowl player, but he's not going to be a HoF player.

I haven't felt as confident about a player coming into the league as I do about Dez since Adrian Peterson came out. I think he's going to be a star in the league for the next ten years. He's really impressive when the ball's in the air.

jacks1

Reaction score
Relax everyone...neither of these guys have even taken 1 NFL snap yet...geesh

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3386318 said:

Sounds like you were listening to Michael Irvin.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I like Demaryius but he is just so unpolished that I don't even think you can debate it.

When you talk about Dez you gotta compare him with Crabtree or Calvin Johnson.

montgod

Reaction score
Actually I have heard Thomas being compared to RW11.... hmmm...

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Joshmvii;3386362 said:
If you were a Broncos fan you'd be looking desperately for something to be excited about too. :laugh1:

True that. You've got old loopy arm your franchise burned 3 picks to move up on, and the second best wide out by a substantial margin both taken when better players were on the board.

What did Demaryius have? Something like a career total of TD's less than Dez had in his sophomore season? :lmao2:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I think they're both going to be pretty good, but I think Dez Bryant will be better. DeMaryius Thomas is already behind the power curve with that coaching staff in Denver.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3386372 said:
True that. You've got old loopy arm your franchise burned 3 picks to move up on, and the second best wide out by a substantial margin both taken when better players were on the board.

What did Demaryius have? Something like a career total of TD's less than Dez had in his sophomore season? :lmao2:

Thomas' career TD production isn't even 3/4th of Bryant's sophomore year.

Thomas never even had one multi-TD game. Bryant had 2 multi-TD performances in 3 games before getting suspended this year and had 12 (!) in his career.

fan62

Reaction score
dmq;3386311 said:
Who will have the better career? Gotta laugh at the Bronco board. They are attacking Dez accusing his publicist of putting the Ireland story out. Calling his character sketchy. Already labeling him a bust.

Sure looks like a bust to me.:laugh1:
Link to the Bronco Board?