News: Dez Bryant files counter-suit against former financial advisor

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Dez has so much personal drama because he keeps it real.

He is the epitome of when keeping it real goes wrong.

Wu-tang !

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not necessarily knocking Dez here. For the most part, he's stayed clean as an NFL player, worked hard to overcome some huge liabilities in his home life.

But there's no denying that every offseason there's some drama or other in his personal life following him around. Whether it's a friend with low-hanging pants, owing $250k to a local jeweler and getting sued for it, drama with his mother and siblings, the leaked existence of a Walmart video that apparently didn't exist at all, the dust-up over the move to Roc Nation, the contract dispute, or a landlord fight and countersuit. It's pretty much like clockwork with Dez. The dude has a lot of drama in his personal life.

There's almost always going to be some controversy deserved and or undeserved with a polarizing top 5 wr. It's basically the same reason Kobe Bryant and LeBron James are always being scrutinized. Every move you make is under a microscope once you reach that level.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think one could argue that many of the things you listed are tied to Wells/West.

Without a doubt. All I'm saying is that Dez has had a lot of drama in his personal life during his career in Dallas. I do think that a lot of that's behind him and a lot of it was tied to his family and to an incredibly dysfunctional relationship with West and company.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Not necessarily knocking Dez here. For the most part, he's stayed clean as an NFL player, worked hard to overcome some huge liabilities in his home life.

But there's no denying that every offseason there's some drama or other in his personal life following him around. Whether it's a friend with low-hanging pants, owing $250k to a local jeweler and getting sued for it, drama with his mother and siblings, the leaked existence of a Walmart video that apparently didn't exist at all, the dust-up over the move to Roc Nation, the contract dispute, or a landlord fight and countersuit. It's pretty much like clockwork with Dez. The dude has a lot of drama in his personal life.
That one apparently was these two guys he's suing according to FISH after he talked with Dez awhile back.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's almost always going to be some controversy deserved and or undeserved with a polarizing top 5 wr. It's basically the same reason Kobe Bryant and LeBron James are always being scrutinized. Every move you make is under a microscope once you reach that level.

It is what it is. WR is a prima donna position. Dez is one of those figures who, rightly or wrongly, gets any controversy amplified. The noise around him coming into the league, for example, was totally and completely exaggerated, and that hasn't stopped. Still, he's got something going on from his personal life that's a relatively big Dallas Cowboys story just about every offseason.

Sydla

Reaction score

Well in fairness, Kobe earned his scrutiny because of what went down in a hotel room in Colorado. The type of scrutiny a guy like Dez or Kobe gets is a little bit different than that of LeBron James, who has largely stayed out of off the court problems.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
LOL, this coming from the guy that bought a Monkey.......good luck with counter suit, you'll need it!

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Wells/West owe him $500,000. Bryant owes him $60K for damages.

Wells, cut a check to Bryant for $440K, another $30K in interest, and call it a night.

I would say there could be a lot more Money than that out there that Wells/West profited off Dez and using his name.

slick325

Reaction score
This breakup is very messy and I'm not just referring to the state of the house after Dez moved out. West is now threatening to sue for defamation.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Well, honestly, if you're going to deal with hustlers and con-men you shouldn't be surprised when you're the one that gets hustled and conned.

DAL handed Dez over to those hustlers to protect him.....not really Dez' fault....DAL prides themselves on their 'problem solving' but they hired foxes to guard the hen house and then made the hens to pay for it

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Royce West is a director in a company that Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant formed in 2010 called Dez Enterprises I. Another director is former Dallas County bail bondsman David Wells, whom West hired to serve as an investigator and bodyguard for then-Cowboys wide receiver Michael Irvin when West represented Irvin in a 1996 drug trial. Wells pleaded guilty to income tax evasion in 2008 and gave up his bail bond business.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/investi...e-in-john-wiley-price-probe-still-unknown.ece
http://www.***BANNED-URL***/investi...e-in-john-wiley-price-probe-still-unknown.ece
This is what these Pimps do ....... they talk young men with money into starting business ..... suck as much money out of them as they can until they use them up or the kid gets smart.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This breakup is very messy and I'm not just referring to the state of the house after Dez moved out. West is now threatening to sue for defamation.

Yeah, I saw that...

As Andrew Brandt likes to say on twitter... "There will be lawyers."

Sydla

Reaction score
I would say there could be a lot more Money than that out there that Wells/West profited off Dez and using his name.

Maybe but I am just going off what the article claims was in the suit.

Sydla

Reaction score
The bizarre angle to this to me is why did it take this long for Dez to sue these two guys? Why did it take a $60K lawsuit from West over a damaged house to prompt Bryant to do this? I mean was he going to forgive their $500K in debts for $60K in house damages?

Maybe they aren't related at all but the timing sure seems odd.

knightrider94

Reaction score
The bizarre angle to this to me is why did it take this long for Dez to sue these two guys? Why did it take a $60K lawsuit from West over a damaged house to prompt Bryant to do this? I mean was he going to forgive their $500K in debts for $60K in house damages?

Maybe they aren't related at all but the timing sure seems odd.

You raise an interesting question because the Rolling Stone article from last summer was pretty accusatory and hard-hitting, particularly against Wells, detailing RocNation's investigation and review of the financial records. Dez may have decided to just walk away from all of it, but the filing of this lawsuit changed his mind. You are correct, interesting indeed.

I am sure there will be more to come out in the upcoming weeks and months.