News: Dez Bryant goes off on NCAA

Tom Jones

Reaction score
Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant has no ill will toward Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.
But Bryant, who was suspended before his junior at Oklahoma State for lying to NCAA about a legal dinner with Deion Sanders, said he would be mad if Manziel wasn't suspended for receiving cash payments for signing autographs, as has been alleged in numerous reports of late.
"Hell yeah, I’ll be mad," Bryant said. "I will be mad. But I don’t want him to get suspended. I will be mad more at the NCAA on how they do things. I just feel like it’s not fair. This is something I have no problem talking about because I feel like somebody needs to say something to him and let it be known how they treat people is not right."

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...ziel-doesnt-get-suspended-.html#storylink=cpy

here we go!!!! Now the media will take this story and run with it like they should. NCAA is out of control.

Too bad they're gonna paint Dez as disgruntled. Watch out Dez for the backlash! they're gonna come after you.

gdogg24

Reaction score
here we go!!!! Now the media will take this story and run with it like they should. NCAA is out of control.

Too bad they're gonna paint Dez as disgruntled. Watch out Dez for the backlash! they're gonna come after you.

Actually there praising him for speaking out against the NCAA surprising right?

Tom Jones

Reaction score
NCAA treats their student athletes for the most part like indentured servants, they say it's fair for them to make a profit because they pay for food and they shelter the athletes (hmmm where have I heard that justification before). They say it's ok because they take away a free education from the college, well to that I'll say this yeah college is expensive but what is basically being said is since they're paying themselves for these players to go to school it's ok for them to restrict them from making money outside of school. Truthfully it's really a freakin' drag that you put in all this work for the university you play at and people can make millions of dollars off of your name and likeness in jersey and video games and under NCAA rules it's illegal to ever see a dime of it.

the Players should be paid.

gdogg24

Reaction score
I haven't really heard the story. But who is praising him, the media or the NCAA?

The NCAA wouldn't praise him for bashing them lol the media is actually speaking pretty highly of Dez applauding his maturity and leadership

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't really heard the story. But who is praising him, the media or the NCAA?

Every media personality I've seen who has written, read, or retweeted the story has praised him. No response from NCAA that I've seen.

gdogg24

Reaction score
Every media personality I've seen who has written, read, or retweeted the story has praised him. No response from NCAA that I've seen.

You know I wonder if that's because NCAA rules aren't actual laws like they're sometimes construed to be, breaking them doesnt make you a criminal and now that Dez is free from them they really can't do anything to stop them from calling them out.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I agree..but I think he needs to hold the line on this sort of thing..unless he and Johnnie Football are Facebook Friends he needs to not worry about this thing which DOESN'T involve him and move on.
What Dez doesn't need is distraction or to be making them or to be piling on.
I'm positive Johnnie Football can handle this.

Without Dez.

That actually hurt to read.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Dez will be mad if they don't suspend him but he don't want him suspended? Uh, OK Dez.

Trent

Reaction score
[quote="Arkyvarminter, post: 5141159, member: 31]Dez will be mad if they don't suspend him but he don't want him suspended? Uh, OK Dez.[/quote]

Its more about the double standard the NCAA has....Its the point...

gdogg24

Reaction score
Dez will be mad if they don't suspend him but he don't want him suspended? Uh, OK Dez.

He'll be mad because of the hypocrisy by the NCAA by not suspending him, but he doesn't think that the rules Manziel broke should even be rules nor does he have anything against Manziel personally. What he's mad about is how the NCAA treats these athletes and how in his situation the scare tactics the NCAA brought out on Dez cost him a season's worth of games. Fortunately for Manziel he has the luxury of counsel during this situation unlike many other athletes playing under the power of the NCAA who fall victim to the strong arm tactics that are frequently used by them as part of there regular business practices.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Anyone, like me, who cant stand the NCAA, should follow Jay Bilas on Twitter. He has just been murdering the NCAA lately lol

Just scroll down to the first week of August or so. Worth the 5 minutes.

So what's the alternative? Fans can't buy the jersey's?

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
NCAA should be ashamed of themselves. That organization is full of hypocrisy.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
So what's the alternative? Fans can't buy the jersey's?
The point is, when you search for specific players on the NCAA website, you are lead directly to buying jerseys. Thus, the NCAA is profiting off of the player name. But the player can't do it themselves. That is seriously flawed, imo

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Bryant is right, the NCAA punished Dez for an entire year suspension for eating dinner at Deon Sanders home. On the other hand how can you say what to do with someones own name...it's 2 AM...