Twitter: Dez Bryant 'had fun' battling Rams CB Janoris Jenkins

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Bryant had the last laugh.
He burned Jenkins on a 68-yard TD in the second half. Then, in the fourth quarter, Bryant “won” again by drawing a pass interference penalty on Jenkins in what became the Cowboys’ go-ahead drive.
“We were having fun out there,” Bryant said. “He’s a great DB. He’s going to be real good in this league.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/0...had-fun-battling-rams.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

kimrose

Reaction score
I love Dezzy. I "adopted" him when we first drafted him. He just had such a sweet spirit, still like a little boy, that I treasure. I could tell he was going to be more than just a great player for us, but more importantly, a spiritual leader. He had some bumps and grinds along the way, but I always had faith in him that he would continue to mature, and I think he is growing up a Cowboy and a man just fine. I hope he knows that he has a very proud "mama" down here in Southeast Texas. I call him my third son. Such a wonderful attitude my boy has.;)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys cashed in on the first series of the second half, when Bryant ran a post route off play-action on first down with Jenkins in man coverage. Jenkins bit so badly on Bryant's fake to the outside that he wasn't even in the television picture when Romo's deep ball arrived.

"As soon as I seen him flip his hips, I knew I had him," said Bryant, who caught six passes for 89 yards and also drew a 33-yard pass interference penalty on Jenkins during Dallas' go-ahead drive.

No Rams defenders were within 20 yards of Bryant when Romo threw the ball, as the safety reacted to a deep crossing route by Terrance Williams that is actually the primary read on the play. Bryant was so open that Romo had the luxury of severely underthrowing the ball, just to make sure the completion was made and Bryant could jog into the end zone.

"I took a peek and I knew he was open -- let me make sure he's as wide open as I think," Romo said. "No one ever comes that wide open, so you wait a tenth of a second longer just to be like, ‘Nope, He actually is that wide open.' So you just give him the ball.

"You just want to make sure you don't do anything stupid."

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4733989/dez-bryant-gets-payback-vs-janoris-jenkins

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I think the ball to Bryant was under thrown half because romo hesitated and couldn't believe it would be that easy.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I love Dezzy. I "adopted" him when we first drafted him. He just had such a sweet spirit, still like a little boy, that I treasure. I could tell he was going to be more than just a great player for us, but more importantly, a spiritual leader. He had some bumps and grinds along the way, but I always had faith in him that he would continue to mature, and I think he is growing up a Cowboy and a man just fine. I hope he knows that he has a very proud "mama" down here in Southeast Texas. I call him my third son. Such a wonderful attitude my boy has.;)
Gummy bears and soda pop. That's how Tony described his spirit.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
let me make sure he's as wide open as I think," Romo said. "No one ever comes that wide open, so you wait a tenth of a second longer just to be like, ‘Nope, He actually is that wide open.' So you just give him the ball.

That cracked me up.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Jenkins is turning into DeAngelo Hall or maybe Assante Samuel. Makes plays, but gives up plays because he gambles a lot.

BTW - just found out DeAngelo Hall out for the year with a torn achilles today. Washington very thin in the secondary.

kimrose

Reaction score
Best part is that Dez shows respect to the opponent.

I like that part about him. He has a huge FIRE under his a** , and is tough as nails but loves the sport enough to shake hands with the guy battling across him each and every week.

That doesn't happen very often in this league.

You are so right, Szczepanik (lol, I'm sorry, I tried to shorten your name into a nickname, but don't quite know how to, lol), anyway, lol, you are so right. He always shows respect to his opponents, he understands what it means to be a player with fire and passion for his team and for this game. And as far as Dez goes, his fire can NOT be extinguished, not even by his own teammates, who tried to put it out last year! Yeah, Dez Baby, Yeah!

edited to add: I love your avatar, by the way. Glad I finally get to tell you that.

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bryant was so open that Romo had the luxury of severely underthrowing the ball, just to make sure the completion was made and Bryant could jog into the end zone.

That answers Romo's ability to throw a deep ball any more.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Jenkins is turning into DeAngelo Hall or maybe Assante Samuel. Makes plays, but gives up plays because he gambles a lot.

I really dis like the guy, because he talks so much.

But, that's because he's not on our team. I would love to have him over MO