Dez Bryant -- I Want to Be a Cowboy for Life

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He won't have to. Jerry will sign him to a mega contract once he turns 30.

Yep. He basically has all the leverage in the world now after these comments and he'll still get taken to the cleaner's in the negotiation.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
It's mildly reassuring to know that Dez knows the right answer to those kinds of questions.

Or it could be that Dez loves the Cowboys, and could be that these arent just the right answers but the only answers for him. Like people in the nfl has said over and over again. If you're in Dallas, you've made it - John Gruden. Nomatter what fans think in a forum or reporters who have never played the game. Dallas is one of the greatest franchises in sports to play for. It hasnt lost its luster, this forum has just gotten watered down but the whole Bash Jerry in every thread thats posted crowd.

theSHOW

Reaction score
#DatSarcasm - My post fits in with the rest of the garbage that's on this website now. Inmates running the asylum.

It was cut him, trade him, disgrace to the #88, on and on and on. If we had more players like Dez Bryant and Sean Lee that kind of passion. We'd win us some damn football games. (I know that's simplistic, but you get my point.... I hope) (maybe that's giving the Zone too much credit.)

I call it quit not passion. but keep on drinking the passion drink. and "glass," he is another that is like the volatile tech stock that can't be counted on every game. give me 2 1st round choices 14 & 15 and I get rid of both. now you get my point

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or it could be that Dez loves the Cowboys, and could be that these arent just the right answers but the only answers for him. Like people in the nfl has said over and over again. If you're in Dallas, you've made it - John Gruden. Nomatter what fans think in a forum or reporters who have never played the game. Dallas is one of the greatest franchises in sports to play for. It hasnt lost its luster, this forum has just gotten watered down but the whole Bash Jerry in every thread thats posted crowd.

You're right. We're all creating an illusion that this team hasn't won in nearly two decades.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I certainly hope he does stay with the team, but this is all easy to say now.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't think any player should take less money in a brutal game like this where people don't give a **** about you and your health issues after you're retired. Take all you can get, if it means going some where where they'll pay you more, do it. Almost everyone on this board would not turn down more money in their craft, UNLESS, you've made plenty. So if Jerry wants to keep him, then he can pony up the $$$. Bottom line is, you have to pay stars, no way around it.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I call it quit not passion. but keep on drinking the passion drink. and "glass," he is another that is like the volatile tech stock that can't be counted on every game. give me 2 1st round choices 14 & 15 and I get rid of both. now you get my point

What are you scared of from Dez? He's a freak talent, by no means a criminal(thug), loves the game (winning), and recently cemented he wouldn't hold us over the barrel. A passing coach was added to the staff to "teach" JG how to involve his star 1; Dez has been putting up insane numbers with probably the simplest passing scheme employed in the NFL. Without Romo, this stale, predictable offense would be exposed even further. He is our only legitimate threat outside of Murray amongst our skill players. The GB meltdown...after the Detroit meltdown; taking the game out of the players hands. His frustration didn't spout out of nowhere. The audio of the GB game showed how passionate he was about winning as he was the only player seen motivating teammates on both sides of the ball when things were turning sour. Coaching ineptness, not player effort/ability lost those games. He was very aware of that (as all fans who watched the games are) as evidenced by his actions. Why the hate?

Last edited:

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
this is exactly what Jerry wants fans to think. Sure it's a great franchise but sooner or later you can't live in the past and you have to be relevant. If you want to be on a 8-8 team then yes Dallas is the place to be

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
just don't hug his sack like many here. no hate just a pure business decision. he isn't a leader, he is a not so smart route runner who has special ability to get a toss up ball. why all the love on him? you in love bro? valentines day is coming.

His acrobatic catches (toss up ball) are exceptional and on par with CJ; in a league filled with freak athletes. That is rare (special). I get you have some weird deflected attraction towards Dez but it shouldn't blind you to his premium ability in a passing league.

theSHOW

Reaction score
His acrobatic catches (toss up ball) are exceptional and on par with CJ; in a league filled with freak athletes. That is rare (special). I get you have some weird deflected attraction towards Dez but it shouldn't blind you to his premium ability in a passing league.

it is more on you being weirdly attentive to dez Bryant when you hardly pay lee no mind in this thread. I dissed lee also but you're not so in love with him. I follow the team not the player. our best freak athlete is Tyron Smith. many posters here could talk for hours about how they saw dez at walmart or take a 7th grader to the cleaners on a fade route

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
it is more on you being weirdly attentive to dez Bryant when you hardly pay lee no mind in this thread. I dissed lee also but you're not so in love with him. I follow the team not the player. our best freak athlete is Tyron Smith. many posters here could talk for hours about how they saw dez at walmart or take a 7th grader to the cleaners on a fade route

I agree Lee is our only quality playmaker on D but agree that his injury history would warrant a 1st. I mention Smith anytime we talk cornerstones of the team and the position he plays doesn't allow him to have such an impact in terms of points/momentum/big plays that could be described as "taking over a game". The topic was Dez/Lee and would gladly take a 1st for Lee at this time. It's obviously personal with your outlook on his contribution (or lack there of in your opinion) and your justifications for moving on.

Last edited:

theSHOW

Reaction score
I agree Lee is our only quality playmaker on D but agree that his injury history would warrant a 1st. I mention Smith anytime we talk cornerstones of the team. The topic was Dez/Lee and would gladly take a 1st for Lee at this time. It's obviously personal...

well I am hoping all three of the players are all pro in 2014, will be watching.