Video: Dez Bryant Interview with The Playmaker

erod

Reaction score
My only concern with Dez now is his back issues. Two years in a row, his back has given him problems.

It's one thing for a quarterback to deal with them, but quite another for a player in an athletic position like WR.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I just hope next time the media see Dez on sideline hollering and going on that he is not being negitive he is doing exactly what #88 The Playmaker did and that was pushing teammates and encouraging teammates. This BS of making an issue out of things like this gets to be a bit too much. The kid dealt with immaturity issues outside of that he is not a bad seed and he wants to win more than anyone out there. If Dez can help bring fire to this team then great we need it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
My only concern with Dez now is his back issues. Two years in a row, his back has given him problems.

It's one thing for a quarterback to deal with them, but quite another for a player in an athletic position like WR.

He is the one player I think we need all sixteen games, each and every down possible, even more than Romo.

By most accounts, a lot of what we are planning to do offensively is feature Bryant. If he has lingering health concerns, it will cause serious problems.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
As always, our players always find a way to say the right things and put a positive slant on the Cowboys' chances. While it's nice to know they're thinking good thoughts, my thinking is that it's well past time to demonstrate some results that correspond to what they're promising. We hear these things each and every year. There comes a time for something more to feed a fan's hunger. Don't get me wrong, I'm gratified to hear positive responses to questions but how's about some gratification when the games commence? Is that asking too much? Probably not.

They want to win more than fans do, we are not out there putting in the work and taking the hits who suffer through the injuries. Yes he feels they should win and when asked he will tell it the way he sees it. I sure as heck do not want guys actling like people here who give up before the season even starts. Oh we have no chance, No he and the others expect to go out and win and if a player does not feel that way then they need to pack their bags and get the hell out there.

erod

Reaction score
He is the one player I think we need all sixteen games, each and every down possible, even more than Romo.

By most accounts, a lot of what we are planning to do offensively is feature Bryant. If he has lingering health concerns, it will cause serious problems.

It's the only reason I wouldn't sign him long term. Franchise him next year.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Here's the Romo interview.

"Michael Irvin might be the greatest leader in the history of the Cowboys."

"If I was getting married today, Dez Bryant would be in my wedding."

Man these interviews sucked me back in! They always find a way to do it...sigh..

Man "Bad Word" You

I think you just made me fall in love with Tony again.

******, I tried not to get hyped about this coming season, but screw it.

I really hope with the O-Line Additions, the Scott L was the missing piece

Zordon

Reaction score
Man "Bad Word" You

I think you just made me fall in love with Tony again.

******, I tried not to get hyped about this coming season, but screw it.

I really hope with the O-Line Additions, the Scott L was the missing piece

3887930-4849986526-tumbl.gif

mmohican29

Reaction score
It's the only reason I wouldn't sign him long term. Franchise him next year.

Would remind everyone I haven't heard a sniff of any kind of physical limitation back or otherwise for Dez thus far. The man says he is "red. dee. to. go... and I mean... red. dee". That's all I need to know. Give him a 5 for 55 deal with accelerating performance incentives and I'm ready to take my chance on a player with that kind of passion to win football games. Period.

erod

Reaction score
Would remind everyone I haven't heard a sniff of any kind of physical limitation back or otherwise for Dez thus far. The man says he is "red. dee. to. go... and I mean... red. dee". That's all I need to know. Give him a 5 for 55 deal with accelerating performance incentives and I'm ready to take my chance on a player with that kind of passion to win football games. Period.

Back issues each of the past two seasons. That doesn't typically get better.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
They want to win more than fans do, we are not out there putting in the work and taking the hits who suffer through the injuries. Yes he feels they should win and when asked he will tell it the way he sees it. I sure as heck do not want guys actling like people here who give up before the season even starts. Oh we have no chance, No he and the others expect to go out and win and if a player does not feel that way then they need to pack their bags and get the hell out there.

I respect the players' right to expound on their intentions to their hearts content but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to voice my feelings about being sick of hearing it every preaeason with scant on-the-field results to follow. I don't expect them to say anything other than what they do, yet that annual song and dance means little to nothing without the performance follow-up. It's tiresome and meaningless without the follow-through. Granted, they have a right to state their opinions, just as I have a right to state mine. If that somehow doesn't meet your approval, I can easily live with it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I respect the players' right to expound on their intentions to their hearts content but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to voice my feelings about being sick of hearing it every preaeason with scant on-the-field results to follow. I don't expect them to say anything other than what they do, yet that annual song and dance means little to nothing without the performance follow-up. It's tiresome and meaningless without the follow-through. Granted, they have a right to state their opinions, just as I have a right to state mine.

So why read what they if it is so boring or non-interested to you? Maybe you can find other things to do?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So why read what they if it is so boring or non-interested to you? Maybe you can find other things to do?

On the contrary, it doesn't bore me. It simply bugs me to see everyone eat that BS up like it makes any difference whatsoever.
The players can expound about how determined they are all season long but it doesn't mean squat if they fail to follow up their profound determination to win with less than what's required to get the job done. If you're satisfied with falling for that BS, then by all means, eat it up to your heart's content. God forbid that anyone would actually expect them to follow it up with a winning season.

The Natural

Reaction score
All old jokes aside, Bryant takes his responsibility as a leader among the receivers seriously. He helped build a brotherhood-like bond by frequently organizing offseason group dinners, when the receivers would typically shoot the bull until the restaurant closed and Bryant refused to let anyone else pay the bill.

Bryant radiates positivity, often going out of his way to praise the other receivers, publicly and privately. He carefully picks his spots to offer constructive criticism, too.

"He just doesn't talk just to talk," Williams said. "The times he does say something, people listen because it's something that can help us all out. The times he's coaching me, he's coaching the whole group. We all pay attention to the stuff he says, because when he talks, he means it."
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...z-takes-leadership-responsibilities-seriously

Leadership we can believe in