Dez Bryant Is Growing Up Before Our Eyes

Reaction score
Awakened;4847722 said:
You're probably right, but it was the phrase "growing up" that spurred my comment. I admit that I don't believe in separating who a person is from their potential as a player. Michael Irvin might have been a crazy *** cocaine using adulterer, but I'll guarantee you he'd never hit his mom. A dude that does that is messed up at the core. Outside of some major psychological/ spiritual turn around, the trajectory of that guy's life as a person and player won't end well. That's my opinion, and I'm sorry if it sounds judgmental. It's just the way I believe.

Neither did Dez.

Hoov

Reaction score
Awakened;4847722 said:
You're probably right, but it was the phrase "growing up" that spurred my comment. I admit that I don't believe in separating who a person is from their potential as a player. Michael Irvin might have been a crazy *** cocaine using adulterer, but I'll guarantee you he'd never hit his mom. A dude that does that is messed up at the core. Outside of some major psychological/ spiritual turn around, the trajectory of that guy's life as a person and player won't end well. That's my opinion, and I'm sorry if it sounds judgmental. It's just the way I believe.

Understandable.

im not an advocate of that either (though i have seen some abusive parents that create awful situations where one watching would wish someone would take it to them).

We cant do anything about the past, and i was starting to think the cowboys should cut ties with Dez.

But i do beleive people can change and grow and develop good character. Some have a lot further to grow than others and some have greater difficulty on their path than others.

The reports are that he is working very hard and we see improvement in his play on the field so im encouraged he may be able to become someone who develops into a good player and a good person.

But just to be clear, im not a supporter of people that always get into bad situations or legal trouble and play the victim card.

You make your choices and reap the results.

I do beleive everyone makes bad choices at one time or another, and everyone has a range as far as what they are capable of doing (good or bad) depending on the circumstances or pressure they are put in. The ability to control your emotions and anger is something that a lot of people need to develop.

I dont know all of what happened with Dez and his mom or the history there, but I hope he can be the player and person we would want him to be.

links18

Reaction score
dadymat;4847763 said:
neither has any other team this season..

If Dan Bailey pulls that FG to the right about two more yards, Dez is just another in a long list of "dumb players."

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
links18;4847787 said:
If Dan Bailey pulls that FG to the right about two more yards, Dez is just another in a long list of "dumb players."

if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.....

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Hoov;4847778 said:
Understandable.

im not an advocate of that either (though i have seen some abusive parents that create awful situations where one watching would wish someone would take it to them).

We cant do anything about the past, and i was starting to think the cowboys should cut ties with Dez.

But i do beleive people can change and grow and develop good character. Some have a lot further to grow than others and some have greater difficulty on their path than others.

The reports are that he is working very hard and we see improvement in his play on the field so im encouraged he may be able to become someone who develops into a good player and a good person.

But just to be clear, im not a supporter of people that always get into bad situations or legal trouble and play the victim card.

You make your choices and reap the results.

I do beleive everyone makes bad choices at one time or another, and everyone has a range as far as what they are capable of doing (good or bad) depending on the circumstances or pressure they are put in. The ability to control your emotions and anger is something that a lot of people need to develop.

I dont know all of what happened with Dez and his mom or the history there, but I hope he can be the player and person we would want him to be.

I'm not optimistic, but all things are possible. So, with you, I hope the best for Dez.

PA Cowboy

Reaction score
Awakened;4847626 said:
Yeah, that was the only time today I jumped up and screamed at the TV. My sons were telling me to settle down. I wanted to hurt somebody.

I was right there with you. Except I came out of my chair multiple times and had to leave the room.

:bang2:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
He played well today. He still needs to play well in every game, he still doesn't.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
mooseq;4847826 said:
Ill give you a break name 20 better. You know what name 15 better.

To make it easier every team in the nfl has at least on wr better than those two. some teams have 2-3 except like the raiders and browns and thats it:confused:

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
StarBoyz83;4847909 said:
To make it easier every team in the nfl has at least on wr better than those two. some teams have 2-3 except like the raiders and browns and thats it:confused:

only person that made it easy on was you.....easy to squirm out of your ridiculous position

BTX

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4847398 said:
Dez Bryant has become quite the scape goat in Dallas with the Cowboys. At times he does deserve criticism. He's not a perfect football player or person, but who is? Some people have acted like he's a horrible player when that hasn't been the case. He had a phenomal rookie season. In 12 games he had 45 catches for 561 receiving yards and 8 total touchdowns. The next year he had 63 catches for 928 yards and 9 touchdowns. Let's not forget he missed all of his senior season in college due to suspension.

Listen you can say whatever you want about his route running needing to get better which it does, but the bottomline is this guy is having a spectacular season. Today he had the game of his life. 12 catches for 145 yards and a touchdown. On the season in 10 games he has 57 catches, 735 receiving yards, and four touchdowns. Yeah I know he needs to get in the end zone more, but that's a team problem. In his first two seasons in the NFL Dez only had one game of having 100 recieving yards or more. This season he already has three. This guy has special talent. He can be the best receiver in the league or at the very least in the discussion. Now you're starting to see him be more and more consistent every week and it's great to see because they gave him #88 for a reason. I wouldn't say Dez is an elite receiver just yet, but he's on the verge. I'm so happy this guy is on this football team.

I approve of this post.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
dadymat;4847975 said:
only person that made it easy on was you.....easy to squirm out of your ridiculous position

Meeeh. Nit gonna sit here and list 30 people better plus I bet ill get close to 30. Nobody on thus team is a top 10 anything except ware and hes spotty

Eskimo

Reaction score
mooseq;4847826 said:
Ill give you a break name 20 better. You know what name 15 better.

Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Wes Welker
Hakeem Nicks
Victor Cruz
Desean Jackson
Brandon Marshall
Gregg Jennings
Jordy Nelson
Vincent jackson
Torrey Smith
Roddy White
Julio Jones
Mike Wallace
Antonio Brown
Demaryius Thomas
Dwayne Bowe
AJ Green
Reggie Wayne
Marques Colston
Anquan Boldin
Steve Smith (Carolina)
Brandon Lloyd

Those are the guys who I think should be in the conversation but I'm not sure if I've left out anyone important but the list contains 24 players. Some of them definitely are better than Dez and Miles and some are possibly better. Some also may have been better but no longer are presently.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
StarBoyz83;4847996 said:
Meeeh. Nit gonna sit here and list 30 people better plus I bet ill get close to 30. Nobody on thus team is a top 10 anything except ware and hes spotty

Ummmmm Jason Witten would disagree with you and so would I.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4847398 said:
Dez Bryant has become quite the scape goat in Dallas with the Cowboys. At times he does deserve criticism. He's not a perfect football player or person, but who is? Some people have acted like he's a horrible player when that hasn't been the case. He had a phenomal rookie season. In 12 games he had 45 catches for 561 receiving yards and 8 total touchdowns. The next year he had 63 catches for 928 yards and 9 touchdowns. Let's not forget he missed all of his senior season in college due to suspension.

Listen you can say whatever you want about his route running needing to get better which it does, but the bottomline is this guy is having a spectacular season. Today he had the game of his life. 12 catches for 145 yards and a touchdown. On the season in 10 games he has 57 catches, 735 receiving yards, and four touchdowns. Yeah I know he needs to get in the end zone more, but that's a team problem. In his first two seasons in the NFL Dez only had one game of having 100 recieving yards or more. This season he already has three. This guy has special talent. He can be the best receiver in the league or at the very least in the discussion. Now you're starting to see him be more and more consistent every week and it's great to see because they gave him #88 for a reason. I wouldn't say Dez is an elite receiver just yet, but he's on the verge. I'm so happy this guy is on this football team.

Yep, one game makes him in all star. LOL

In fact, him and Austin are the best receiver tandem in the NFL. BWAAAAA!!!!!

Reaction score
CowboyRoy;4848015 said:
Yep, one game makes him in all star. LOL

In fact, him and Austin are the best receiver tandem in the NFL. BWAAAAA!!!!!

Reading is fundamental sir. Never said Dez was an elite star yet or that him and Miles were the best 1/2 reciever combo in the league.