Dez Bryant is such a jerk

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watch it again. I can't repeat what he was saying here because that kind of language is not allowed here, but he was mad-dogging someone on the staff and telling him to "shut yo mother****ing mouth" and "don't ever open your mother****ing mouth to me".

That is completely unacceptable. Passion is not the same as being a wretched human being to someone ON YOUR OWN TEAM. He wasn't just upset in general, he was angry and blasting that one guy.

What Scandrick did tonight was embarrassing but didn't make me think he was a foul person. THAT was passion. THAT was a guy who was upset at circumstances but he was yelling in general, not directly cursing out one dude and telling him to keep his mouth shut with the mad dog stare.

Screw Dez and I hope he prices himself right out of town.

Good luck getting anybody to agree with you on this one. Personally, I think you're crazy. But out of curiosity...how do you know it was a staff member he was yelling at/about?

Brooksey

Reaction score
You are just speculating what was going on ..... just like last year when it looked like he was yelling at Romo and Garrett ....... but the Audio proved otherwise.

That's true, the previous audio was him encouraging his teammates, love that about him. This time I saw it different toward the coaches but I could be wrong, I'm speculating. I'm usually pretty good at lip reading though. ;)

I think Dez wants it to be the Dez show... so he can get paid. I can't blame him for this, his biggest payday of his life is coming. He's in a competitive situation here with the Demarco show in a contract year. IMO

That's all good but respect the coaching staff.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Michael Irvin never acted like that because Emmit got all the action in a particular game. I love it that he wants the ball but he's crossing the line.

He wasn't even upset about getting the ball. He was snapping at them for letting Chicago back into the game. Don't comment until you know what was really going on. Dez is a leader on this team. He's tired of losing. Aren't you?

Brooksey

Reaction score
He wasn't even upset about getting the ball. He was snapping at them for letting Chicago back into the game. Don't comment until you know what was really going on. Dez is a leader on this team. He's tired of losing. Aren't you?

Yes, im tired of it...I did mention I was speculating. I hope your right but the possibility exists that you're not. That's all I'm concerned about.

khiladi

Reaction score
The play-calling on that drive went bad... Awful...

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Good luck getting anybody to agree with you on this one. Personally, I think you're crazy. But out of curiosity...how do you know it was a staff member he was yelling at/about?

The guy was standing on the Cowboys sideline during a game wearing Cowboys gear. He was either a staff member or a fan that the team allowed to be on the sideline. My guess is staff member. Towel guy? Water guy? Asst coach? I don't know everyone on the staff but it was someone in the organization.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
That's true, the previous audio was him encouraging his teammates, love that about him. This time I saw it different toward the coaches but I could be wrong, I'm speculating. I'm usually pretty good at lip reading though. ;)

I think Dez wants it to be the Dez show... so he can get paid. I can't blame him for this, his biggest payday of his life is coming. He's in a competitive situation here with the Demarco show in a contract year. IMO

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/dez-bryant-discusses-sideline-rant.308143/

I believe him until someone proves otherwise.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guy was standing on the Cowboys sideline during a game wearing Cowboys gear. He was either a staff member or a fan that the team allowed to be on the sideline. My guess is staff member. Towel guy? Water guy? Asst coach? I don't know everyone on the staff but it was someone in the organization.

Yeah. I think you're probably off base here based off of post game comments. Dez did look angry, though.

landroverking

Reaction score
I think it took Dez sometime to grow up off the field. On the field he is this teams Michael Irvin. I for one don't have any issues or problems with that!

Jenky

Reaction score

He's getting paid no matter what. You have no one who can replace him. Terrance has MULTIPLE games where he has 0 catches or 1 catch. I don't think it's all about the "Dez Bryant show."

Cebrin

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's more than passion, that's selfish childish behavior.

I don't think it is, because I don't think he was angry that he didn't get the football. He was angry that they didn't really try to get a first down. They ran the ball on 3rd and long.

I'm not saying Dez should be free to rant and rave whenever he likes and try to show up his coaches, but I don't think selfishness is where that comes from.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm all for passion but Dez needs tone it down and save his energy for the field. Most of what I'm seeing with him looks more like frustration than passion. Maybe all that ranting and raving he does storming around the sidelines is why he cramps up so much. I really believe what he does affects his play on the field sometimes.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It's a travesty watching this guy jawjacking and acting a fool on the sidelines. Blatantly cursing out and acting hostile towards members of the team staff? I don't care HOW well he plays the game, it's no excuse for that kind of behavior.

Total d-bag.

You call it bad behavior I call it passion, yes he is animated so is Witten at times so was Scandrick, these guys are passionate about winning ball games and will go off on the sideline to do anything to motivate others around them. Much of what is said that you don't hear is the positives these men are saying to teammates. Frankly I'm glad to see fire and heart as well as passion on this team, it was needed.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I seriously hope the people that hate on him for this were not fans of Michael Irvin.

I agree. Mike played with fire and passion for the game, winning meant everything and he displayed it on the sidelines. I see the same in Dez, we see the ranting yet we don't hear the words. In past times when you do hear the audio of what Dez is saying you find that it is all upbeat and positive. I would rather see that than him just accepting defeat

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Scandrick and Witten have rarely had outbursts on the sidelines. Dez is always *****ing about something, Irvin never displayed the outbursts as near as much as Dez has. Dez needs to grow up and realize that there's a time an place for that kind of passion. You can't do it every game and expect to be taken seriously by his team mates. Love the passion, but too much is too bad.