Dez Bryant & Kony Ealy

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want to see a DB take down our 275lb new receiver... muhahaha...
We had one of those once. Too bad his brain didn't match his physical ability...MartyB.

He was one of the more impressive physical-ability players I've seen while attending training camp.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I still think Dez will be here this year. They may want to redo his contract to save enough money to sign Ealy.

Jipper

Reaction score
Ridley could very well be there at 19. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

dont know....i have seen him in the low teens and in the 20s....if he is there in the 15-18 range, i wouldnt be surprised to see the cowboys go up and grab him....wouldnt hate it but would be worried about our defense.

If i had it my way...we would go defense in 1/2 and then grab a guard / tackle in 3 and a rb in 4...rest from there is in the air

glimmerman

Reaction score
dont know....i have seen him in the low teens and in the 20s....if he is there in the 15-18 range, i wouldnt be surprised to see the cowboys go up and grab him....wouldnt hate it but would be worried about our defense.

If i had it my way...we would go defense in 1/2 and then grab a guard / tackle in 3 and a rb in 4...rest from there is in the air
Me too. I would keep Dez and use our new WR this year. This is a good time to finish up that D-Line rotation and grab some depth at O-Line. Maybe grab a WR in later rounds.

We think this and watch JJ go TE in the first round.. lol or punter.

robjay04

Reaction score
Okay, you don't like the Carr story so how about Ware who was let go early and also a couple of the famous Tripletts.
Jerry might not do Dez wrong but, hopefully he will not keep mismanaging the cap with bad contracts for marginal players
declining fast with age.

Ware asked to be released and the Cowboys did it during the first day of free agency. This allowed Ware to pick his team and get the money he wanted. We didn’t hold Ware on the roster until after free agency trying to get him to take a paycut nor did we try to trade him...we should’ve tried to do something but Jerry always does right by his players.

Aikman retired and Parcells wanted Emmitt gone.

So giving Dez his contract was a bad decision? The guy was in his mid 20s and just put up the best 3 year stretch in Cowboys receiver history. You pay that man. Anytime you offer any player a second contract, it’s a huge risk.

tm1119

Reaction score
The Cowboys were going to draft Ealy if they didin't trade up for Lawrence. They tried to claim him off Waivers last year. He is a position of need. They will sign him to more than the vet minimum and that money needs to come from somewhere. Just my opinion, you don't have to agree. It's OK to be wrong in the end. I have made a lot of money in my life living by this motto. Please send me a like for entertaining you this evening. Thank you and you are welcome....

So uhh...Ealy’s contract details are out. What was it that you were saying again?