Dez Bryant: "I can be the first 2000 yd receiver"

RS12

Reaction score
Sounds like a whole lot of NOT running the ball.

Reaction score
Doomsday101;5032897 said:
I like guys setting lofty goals for themselfs. I recall a rookie RB who came into Dallas talking about his goal of being the all time leading rusher one day and he ended up doing just that. I want guys striving to be the best even if he falls short of the goal.

I agree. This only shows how much Dez has come along as a football player and a man, you can clearly tell he wants to win and wants the best for his team. If he's playing at a level where he's actually reaching his goals, that just means our offense is playing very well.

conner01

Reaction score
KJJ;5033111 said:
If Dez has 25 TD's the odds are real good that will equal a winning record next season. Receiving yards don't always lead to scores and victories as we saw with Detroit and Megatron last season. Johnson's 1964 yards only accounted for 5 TD's and Detroit ended up 4-12. In 2011 Johnson had almost 300 fewer receiving yards but scored 16 TD's and the Lions went 10-6 and made the playoffs.
very true. it's all about scoring. if you look at his last 8 games, if he could do that for a full season his numbers would be
100 catches
1758 yds and most important of all 20 td's
those numbers lead to wins

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
RS12;5033194 said:

You need some running game but you're not going to win relying on the run it's a different game today.

Lodeus

Reaction score
RS12;5033194 said:

That's where the game is headed anyway. It may not be Dez but I really think its possible.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Ultimategamer5567;5033202 said:
I agree. This only shows how much Dez has come along as a football player and a man, you can clearly tell he wants to win and wants the best for his team. If he's playing at a level where he's actually reaching his goals, that just means our offense is playing very well.

I think Dez always has but I think he was just immature. I have said for a while considering the upbringing he had it is not a surprise that he has shown immaturity. However he has not been a bad guy or a problem player.

I also think he as a player he has learned that you can't produce at this level on physical skills alone because most every player has good physical skills or they would never have reached this level. I think he now understands what it takes to be a professional

Reaction score
Doomsday101;5033208 said:
I think Dez always has but I think he was just immature. I have said for a while considering the upbringing he had it is not a surprise that he has shown immaturity. However he has not been a bad guy or a problem player.

I also think he as a player he has learned that you can't produce at this level on physical skills alone because most every player has good physical skills or they would never have reached this level. I think he now understands what it takes to be a professional

He's putting it all together. It's good to have him.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
One thing that concerns me about Dez is after the catch, in many instances, he tries to do a little too much, leaving himself unprotected and prone to injury. He needs to learn when to go for it and when to just get down. He is a true competitor in every sense of the word so he may never do this. He needs to if he's going to stay on the field. Also, I wouldn't trade the guy for any reciever in the league.....

Reaction score
CowboysFaninDC;5033311 said:
yes. passion and motivation. again. let your play do the talking. no advertisement necessary

I guess somebody should've told Emmitt Smith that twenty years ago, huh?

Lodeus

Reaction score
CowboysFaninDC;5033311 said:
yes. passion and motivation. again. let your play do the talking. no advertisement necessary

tumblr_mkagkyMBPd1r0yojwo1_500.gif

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;5032897 said:
I like guys setting lofty goals for themselfs. I recall a rookie RB who came into Dallas talking about his goal of being the all time leading rusher one day and he ended up doing just that. I want guys striving to be the best even if he falls short of the goal.

Yep!

Exactly!

Kristen82

Reaction score
He's a UFA in a couple of years. Maybe try to work out an extension for him after this season?