Dez Bryant takes the team out for $54,000

goons

Reaction score
One of the dumbest "controversies" in team history. It's such a non-issue, and such a big freakin deal to some media people who have nothing better to do.

Peter King sidelines as a restaurant reviewer in Boston, where he lives, and the reviews I've seen are all places with prices like Pappas Bros Steakhouse. I didn't hear outrage over Tom Brady building in $20m house.

MaverickPS

Benched
Reaction score
not that it's any of my business, and I'm aware that it happens all the time and on a much bigger scale even, but...

I make about $54k a year and it's just funny to think that in one night, a group of guys my age got together and spent that much on stuff they most likely **** out of their *** the next morning.

*******s.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
MaverickPS;3594456 said:
I make about $54k a year and it's just funny to think that in one night, a group of guys my age got together and spent that much on stuff they most likely **** out of their *** the next morning.

Now there is a perspective you don't think of often. :lmao2:

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
MaverickPS;3594456 said:

*******s.

Like my grandma told me, anyone who spends all their money on food is just flushing it down the toilet.

Guess I come from a different prospective, I have seen them do this and have been at those types of 'dinners' with them more than once. While its fun at the moment, you wake up like that was such a waste.

What Herm was saying is that these type of things shouldn't be a public thing. I know a player that went into a dealership and bought three 100,000 dollar cars for no reason other than to sit them in his garage, but everyone doesn't need to know about it.

Here is an interesting article about it: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvM_m5MvgjDvYiUMQIHEPiRDubYF?slug=dw-bryantdinner092910

joseephuss

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;3594702 said:
Like my grandma told me, anyone who spends all their money on food is just flushing it down the toilet.

Guess I come from a different prospective, I have seen them do this and have been at those types of 'dinners' with them more than once. While its fun at the moment, you wake up like that was such a waste.

What Herm was saying is that these type of things shouldn't be a public thing. I know a player that went into a dealership and bought three 100,000 dollar cars for no reason other than to sit them in his garage, but everyone doesn't need to know about it.

Here is an interesting article about it: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvM_m5MvgjDvYiUMQIHEPiRDubYF?slug=dw-bryantdinner092910

Much of the time a player has no control on if it becomes a public thing. In today's society, everything can easily become a public thing. Sometimes the players are to blame in making it public, but a lot of the times they are not.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;3592503 said:
For comparison purposes, thats like if you make 50K a year and drop $270 on a meal.

Thats a huge freaking bill!!!!

For about 10 friends/co-workers or family, you'd be doing well to get out of a Chillies or an On the Border for less than 4 Bills.

Or McDonalds for the entire team, that'd be more.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Beast, 270 on a bill is a lot ? haha.

Depends on how you manage your finances.

I can not believe that this is still a hot topic.

dogberry

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't give me a purchase order for a $54K meal.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
dogberry;3595001 said:
I'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't give me a purchase order for a $54K meal.

I see many things wrong with this statement....

:lmao2: