Morton's is the same everywhere you go.

Outstanding.............

I live one town over, didn't realize we were neighbors. :thumbup:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dough Boy;3592798 said:
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2010/09/dez-bryant-buys-steak-dinner-f.html

Wrote running back Felix Jones before the dinner: "Our offensive rookies are buying dinner ... I remember those days. Sure don't miss them the least bit."

Bryant helped foot the bill for the dinner.
I think this important fact has been lost in the shuffle.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
DallasEast;3592047 said:
Only if he gets the big head when veterans start initiating him to the NFL.

well apparently this is a tradition, the defensive rookies had to do the same thing, but they split it amongst themselves..

baj1dallas

Reaction score
nyc;3592615 said:
This is illegal. (unless it's changed since I moved away and that is VERY unlikely) You cannot take alcoholic beverages off premises. Restaurants and clubs aren't licensed for such activities.

It has changed, it's legal, if you do it correctly. I'm sure Pappas Bros know the laws.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
baj1dallas;3592875 said:
well apparently this is a tradition, the defensive rookies had to do the same thing, but they split it amongst themselves..
It is safe to say that the defensive rookies in the Cowboys' 2010 draft class are on a slightly different pay scale than Bryant. I'm sure that all of the parties involved take the financial obligations of those paying into consideration.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;3592868 said:

I think you are right. Too many people on here want to offer advice without knowing all the facts. Once the facts are out, they can no longer bash on someone. So I expect this point to be continued to be overlooked.

Many on here want to down Dez for paying. Not many have mentioned that by him paying, it flies in the face of the pre-draft diva talk. Moreover, many refuse to see the good in this. The humility, the team building/bonding, the time to get to know each other outside of the football field/classroom. Instead of seeing those aspects, many just want to tell a 'grown man' how to spend "HIS" money. Its very sad. Its sad that none Dallas fans would take this approach, but as fans why do we continually attempt to see the bad in our players and not the good????

jubal

Reaction score
There was a piece on the news about a player from a Florida team losing an earring and had team mates looking for it on the field. Two or three carat and worth $50,000.00 or more,so a meal for the team isn't so bad put that way. OBTW they didn't find the stud yet.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Sean Lee's rookie dinner was 'fair'
September, 29, 2010
Sep 29
12:41
PM CT

By Tim MacMahon

Brooking didn’t divulge a dollar figure, but he indicated that the meal on Lee was extravagant but not to the point of excess.

“I’d characterize it as fair,” said Brooking, who wasn’t among the Cowboys who ran up the Pappas Bros. bill on Bryant’s dime. “We were fair on Lee. We weren’t very nice, either. But it was fair, I think.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4672765/sean-lees-rookie-dinner-was-fair

The Realist

Reaction score
speedkilz88;3593054 said:
Sean Lee's rookie dinner was 'fair'
September, 29, 2010
Sep 29
12:41
PM CT

By Tim MacMahon

Brooking didn’t divulge a dollar figure, but he indicated that the meal on Lee was extravagant but not to the point of excess.

“I’d characterize it as fair,” said Brooking, who wasn’t among the Cowboys who ran up the Pappas Bros. bill on Bryant’s dime. “We were fair on Lee. We weren’t very nice, either. But it was fair, I think.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4672765/sean-lees-rookie-dinner-was-fair

Sean Lee seperates shoulder while reaching to pay the tab.

Update at 11.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;3592868 said:

yeah, I'm sure Costa, Gronk, and Young were really "helping" out with that bill - the bill would be about 3 game checks to anyone of them

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
"washing dishes for a month"?

from what world is he from?

Maybe washing dishes for 3 years.

Anyway, i think the bulk came from the players looting the wine cellar.

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
Seems like a huge waste of money - but that's just me. I cringe when I see people blowing like that.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
jubal;3593028 said:
There was a piece on the news about a player from a Florida team losing an earring and had team mates looking for it on the field. Two or three carat and worth $50,000.00 or more,so a meal for the team isn't so bad put that way. OBTW they didn't find the stud yet.

I think it was either the Texans or the Dolphins. The story came up during a preseason game. I recall Moose and Babe laughing about it.

windjc

Reaction score
Dough Boy;3593176 said:
I think it was either the Texans or the Dolphins. The story came up during a preseason game. I recall Moose and Babe laughing about it.

I remember chuckling at the ignorance of either the player or the reporter re: a three carat $50k earring.

There are very few three carat diamonds in the world worth $50k. So either the player overpaid a fortune for that diamond or the reporter was reporting urban legends.

Try 5k-10k. That will buy you very nice 3 carat earrings.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AbeBeta;3593072 said:
yeah, I'm sure Costa, Gronk, and Young were really "helping" out with that bill - the bill would be about 3 game checks to anyone of them
Hey, Felix is the one who said "rookies" as in plural.