Dez Bryant Talks About Personal Life

Joshmil53

Reaction score
Even if he wasn't a Cowboy I'd still wish Dez the best. It's a shame he never had stable home or family.

Reaction score
Well as I said earlier I feel Dez Bryant is growing up before eyes. Over these last few weeks you're starting see him run good, crisp routes consistently. I think he has realized now that's what he needs to do if he wants his quarterback to trust him. We all know the extreme physical talent and ability the guy possesses it's just a matter of him developing that consistency. I think that's starting to happen. Dez is a guy who had a very difficult upbringing. That's well documented, but you have to give him credit for overcoming that and making it this far. The guy is a very good and IMO soon to be great football player.

TTexasTT

Reaction score
Joshmil53;4852777 said:
Even if he wasn't a Cowboy I'd still wish Dez the best. It's a shame he never had stable home or family.

Agreed. He had some bad breaks early in life but his talent has given him the chance to very successful in life. His talent cant be denied and I hope he really makes the best of this chance and keeps positive people around him.

vlad

Reaction score
It's sad that I totally expected all the tough-guy comments that are on espn...like going through what this person has is no big deal. Most of those people's hardest days were when daddy didn't buy them an Xbox or something....good for dez, and good for the guys on the team helping him out.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Bleu Star;4852847 said:
If he keeps putting up 100+ yard efforts, there will be quite a few Dez fans sprouting up. Although he worries me, I am rooting for the guy. All he needs is TO to mentor him and the transition to bonafide star will be complete.

:muttley: ....

tocdi3131

Reaction score
When Dez no longer needs glorified babysitters we can say he has grown up. Come on man your 24. Twenty freakin four.

rocboy22

Reaction score
fifaguy;4852870 said:
I expect D-Hall to try to get into his head tomorrow, hopefully Dez will shrug it off and eat him alive...

Good point. I hope someone on the team points that out to him so he remembers its coming and will blow it off.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Wish him well in growing up. Hopefully, it happens before the team parts ways with him.

Diogenes

Reaction score
tocdi3131;4852872 said:
When Dez no longer needs glorified babysitters we can say he has grown up. Come on man your 24. Twenty freakin four.

Yeah, because everybody is the same at 24. Even those born to 15 year old crack-heads. All his so-called personal problems are greatly overblown. A real thug growing up under those circumstances would be carrying and dealing...not playing football in the NFL.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Let's hope this doesn't become an annual article like "RW31 is rededicating himself to football "

rocboy22

Reaction score
AbeBeta;4852883 said:
Let's hope this doesn't become an annual article like "RW31 is rededicating himself to football "

Which really means still slow and can no longer bring the wood

tocdi3131

Reaction score
Diogenes;4852880 said:
Yeah, because everybody is the same at 24. Even those born to 15 year old crack-heads. All his so-called personal problems are greatly overblown. A real thug growing up under those circumstances would be carrying and dealing...not playing football in the NFL.

Not true. There are many inner city kids who grow up in messed up circumstances and don't end up dealing. That's what you call enabling. I really think this is a dynamic player, hope it all works out for him.

Reaction score
Bleu Star;4852847 said:
If he keeps putting up 100+ yard efforts, there will be quite a few Dez fans sprouting up. Although he worries me, I am rooting for the guy. All he needs is TO to mentor him and the transition to bonafide star will be complete.

Well played sir. :laugh2:

Diogenes

Reaction score
tocdi3131;4852885 said:
Not true. There are many inner city kids who grow up in messed up circumstances and don't end up dealing. That's what you call enabling. I really think this is a dynamic player, hope it all works out for him.

My only point was his behavior has not been all that thuggish, as I've heard and read (not from you). He has immaturity issues that I think with self dedication can be worked out. He's obviously not very intelligent in a book learning kind of way. That's just the way he was born. I know people like that yet they can do things I can't that involve heavy thought.

I guess all I'm really saying is that he's doing pretty well with the hand he's been dealt.

And yes, I hope it works out for him too.