Twitter: Dez Bryant to do individual drills today

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
interesting.. if he does individuals today and team tomorrow, could be a go for Sunday

i still think he's out though, based on the history of this franchises decision making

Day to day...every player healthy or otherwise....day to day...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another way to look at this for Dez playing.
yes he can get a few more weeks of recovery time.

But also if he is cleared to play, let him play. If the knee is still a bit sore, then so be it. He still has 2 weeks to fully recover from the soreness.
Get him some limited snaps if he can go. He will only help by being out there.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Get out there and play Dez, enough of this nonsense. He can't hurt it any more than he has, what is the point of resting a guy with that type of injury. Rub some dirt on it, suck it up and show what your made of. Players today are a bunch of pansies. Give me the good old days where players really played hurt.

He can't separate as it is, if he plays and isn't just right he likely won't produce and it will give many another excuse for why he's not producing. His star has really become tarnished the past 2 seasons.

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Get out there and play Dez, enough of this nonsense. He can't hurt it any more than he has, what is the point of resting a guy with that type of injury. Rub some dirt on it, suck it up and show what your made of. Players today are a bunch of pansies. Give me the good old days where players really played hurt.

You do realize these guys get paid a whole bunch of money that counts against a salary cap that didn't exist back then, right? So when these "assets" are out for long periods of time it not only hurts the team on the field that week but also limits the team's ability to replace that asset with another asset of comparable quality.

Even if "he can't hurt it any more than he has", have you stopped to consider he might injure himself trying to compensate for it? I've done this several times where I've thrown my back, hip or other leg out of whack trying to compensate for another injury.

I get the "be tough" notion, but its also a very complicated business model for the team to manage its cap and put a high-quality/competitive team on field.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All the more reason for Dez to want to play and get payback.

If he's not healthy he has no chance to do much. I just posted he had one catch for 9 yards last season against GB. For payback he needs to be healthy and he needs a healthy Romo who he has chemistry with.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I don't see Dez missing this game. It's personal for him.
I get that but sometimes in these types games players like Dez try too hard and either get hurt or turn the ball over because they are trying for that extra yard.
I love the heart behind that player but you have to maintain control (of the ball and your body) in that situation to go down on the carpet if you get the needed first down while player(s) are hanging on you, swatting at the ball.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
He can't separate as it is, if he plays and isn't just right he likely won't produce and it will give many another excuse for why he's not producing. His star has really become tarnished the past 2 seasons.

Possible but I would use him in a limited way like on 3 downs. Even if he does nothing, he is another player the Packers have to be careful with and cover, which could free up our other receivers.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dez played hurt last season. But sure.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Possible but I would use him in a limited way like on 3 downs. Even if he does nothing, he is another player the Packers have to be careful with and cover, which could free up our other receivers.

If he goes out there and does nothing it just makes him look like he isn't the same player anymore. Jerry didn't sign him to that extension to be a decoy. If he's not healthy and can't be productive don't play him.