Dez Bryant

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Dez had 6 catches for 91 yards and 2 TD's against Oklahoma. The Texas, Missouri, and Texas Tech games..I think he had like 6 or 7 catches for 70 yards in each of those. Hard for me to agree that he doesn't show up in big games. That punt return Saturday was a pretty bigtime athletic play and got his team back into the game.

As far as someone asking about USC's Damian Williams..I think he will be a solid NFL WR. He isn't the fastest WR but he's fast enough(4.49 40 time). He has great hands and runs great routes. He'll have a long, productive NFL career.

Dez is Michael Irvin Part 2. The kid plays with that same kind of fire that Michael did. Taylor Mays and Eric Berry are my favorite guys in this upcoming draft but Bryant is in the conversation.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cboyd;2941154 said:
Now players never have bad days???? Texas he had 70 something yards and we ran it most of the time, Missouri game if you watched was head hunting Dez all game and taking cheap shots (However that game was a positive bceause no matter how much punishment he got he still got back up and went back into the game) so Oklahoma State went away from him for that reason and still won the game, Tech game he just had a bad day with 80 something yards I think (I could be wrong with that) the whole team just did not show up that day. Either way you look at those games they were never really bad. All players, I dont care who you are, have bad days. But to say Dez never steped up in big games is just rediculous statement at this point. I respect your opinion that you are not that high but really your reasoning is not really a good one to me.

Sorry, I did not think he was one of the 3 best in the big 12 last year. He is a good WR and I think he has very good athletic ability and you can get by with that in college but I do question him at the next level. It is nothing personal aginst him or OSU just based on all the games I have seen and yes I have seen quite a few I just do not get the sense that he will be a great NFL WR.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
LOL at people saying he doesn't show up in big games. Unbelievable. Definition of talking out your ***. He's a leader at the WR position and doesn't show QB's up.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2941231 said:
Dez had 6 catches for 91 yards and 2 TD's against Oklahoma. The Texas, Missouri, and Texas Tech games..I think he had like 6 or 7 catches for 70 yards in each of those. Hard for me to agree that he doesn't show up in big games. That punt return Saturday was a pretty bigtime athletic play and got his team back into the game.

As far as someone asking about USC's Damian Williams..I think he will be a solid NFL WR. He isn't the fastest WR but he's fast enough(4.49 40 time). He has great hands and runs great routes. He'll have a long, productive NFL career.

Dez is Michael Irvin Part 2. The kid plays with that same kind of fire that Michael did. Taylor Mays and Eric Berry are my favorite guys in this upcoming draft but Bryant is in the conversation.

If Hamlin continues to suck balls this season I want him cut,Sensy resigned and us to draft Eric Berry.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
In the big games vs Ok when the game was over Bryant did not walk off the field as the best WR to play in the game, nor did he out do Shipley vs Texas nor did he out play Crabtree when facing TT. Yes he is the dominate player vs Baylor and the likes if that impresses you guys fine. But great players do not come up 2nd best at their position when the game is done and each time Bryants numbers are not up with with the elite in the big game. Bryant has been second fiddle in games vs other top WR

cboyd

Reaction score
Dooms Day your thinking is really not that good. You have to think all those teams have better defense than Oklahoma State last year. Oklahoma State was really bad on defense. Not only were they bad but I believe they were one of the worst in the Big 12. Plus all those teams with those other recievers saw single coverage when playing against Oklahoma State while Dez gets double or even tripled cover. When that happens then yeah its kind of hard to put up monster numbers. Before posting do your research to the fullest. Oh on another key note Dez was the best reciever when the game was over when playing against Oklahoma. Even Oklahoma fans will tell you that.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
UnoDallas;2938576 said:
Unfortunately, Dezmon Briscoe doesn't play in a pro-style offense and runs a slow 40, both of which will cost him on Draft Day.

As a 17-year-old freshman, he was charged with theft by deception for trying to steal merchandise from Wal-Mart.

"I ran the neighborhoods for about a year," Alvin says.
Alvin was heavy into marijuana and cocaine addiction, running with a group of guys from the old neighborhood that stole cars and gambled all night. One evening, he visited his mother, who told him that he was headed for jail.

Alvin injured his leg entering his redshirt freshman season and had to sit for another year. During that season, Alvin would get bored sitting around his apartment. He started doing drugs

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2009/sep/10/bc-fbc-kansaskc-_-sports-1500-words/?sports&nfl
UH PASS ................................

What does having a deadbeat dad have to do with him? Sure he's got his own problems but that entire section you just posted is all about his dad.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cboyd;2944145 said:
Dooms Day your thinking is really not that good. You have to think all those teams have better defense than Oklahoma State last year. Oklahoma State was really bad on defense. Not only were they bad but I believe they were one of the worst in the Big 12. Plus all those teams with those other recievers saw single coverage when playing against Oklahoma State while Dez gets double or even tripled cover. When that happens then yeah its kind of hard to put up monster numbers. Before posting do your research to the fullest. Oh on another key note Dez was the best reciever when the game was over when playing against Oklahoma. Even Oklahoma fans will tell you that.

If you think Dez is a great WR that is fine, I don't think that much of him at this point. Sorry against Baylor he is the man in big games he has not been able to come through in the clutch. Big time college players do that and out of them many of those will not make a big impact in the NFL. He is a good college WR and if he is smart he will stay at OSU next year and continue developing as a WR.

cboyd

Reaction score
Most draft experts expect him as a top ten pick. Not a few but most people. Not to mention the top WR in this class. Scouts have already said that he is going to be one hell of a player when he enters the draft. They expect him to enter after his Junior year because he is ready for the NFL. I also disagree with your statements about Bryant. Obviously you are alone in this department Doomsday101.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cboyd;2945073 said:
Most draft experts expect him as a top ten pick. Not a few but most people. Not to mention the top WR in this class. Scouts have already said that he is going to be one hell of a player when he enters the draft. They expect him to enter after his Junior year because he is ready for the NFL. I also disagree with your statements about Bryant. Obviously you are alone in this department Doomsday101.

It is just my opinion. I have heard the expert predict a lot of things that ended up not being true. Vince Young was a high pick experts said he was great. Do you think he is? There have been many so called can't miss players drafted in rd 1 in the NFL that never come close to living up to the hype.

I don't hate Bryant I go by what I see and sorry I'm not overly impressed with him. He plays in a very pass happy offense so his stats while they look good on paper is not all I base my view on. I do see quite of bit of Big 12 football and not anti-OSU so at least you may know my view does not have some bias angle to it.

cboyd

Reaction score
Doomsday its not about your opinion its about the false facts that you throw out there. I respect your opinion for the most part. For example, your last post mentioned that you watch a lot of Big 12 football. If that is the case then you know that Dez is not in a pass happy offense. Oklahoma State ran as much as they passed. Oklahoma State was ranked (I think) in the top 10 rushing. If you don't believe me just look it up for your self. Anyone from the Big 12 conference will tell you that. Oklahoma State last year was one of if not the best balanced offense in the Big 12. Now I will tell you this, Dez was thrown to the most out of all the Oklahoma State recievers by a large Margin. However, that tells me that the deffense knew who was the primary reciever was (Heck he wears #1) and still could not stop him with double coverage. So its not about your opinions its what you try to throw out there thats not true.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Gundy: Bryant could be better team player

09/17/2009
By JEFF LATZKE / Associated Press

Just because Dez Bryant has established himself as one of college football's top receivers doesn't mean Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy doesn't see areas where he could improve.

To name a couple, Gundy thinks Bryant has room to grow in giving his all and being a team player.

Gundy said this week that Bryant deserves all the accolades he's received as an All-America receiver and Biletnikoff Award finalist. However, he said Bryant still "needs to learn to play hard every single down."

Gundy said part of the problem is that Bryant gets himself so worked up before kickoff that he's already sweating before the game even starts.
"He's so hyped up, he needs to relax. It affects him as the game goes on because he runs out of energy," Gundy said. "Yes, he is a terrific player for us, and Dez will play this game for a long time, but we've got to get him to control himself some. He needs to become a better team player and play as well without the ball as he does with the ball."

A top NFL prospect, Bryant caught 87 passes for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns last season while also scoring twice on punt returns. He leads the 16th-ranked Cowboys (1-1) this season with 162 yards receiving and two touchdowns, and he also had a punt return TD last week against Houston.
Gundy said Bryant has improved as a team player over his last six or seven games, but he can still get better.

"Dez is the biggest cheerleader we've got. If you really watch the tape of when we have somebody score a touchdown and he's away from the ball, instead of finishing the block he's signaling touchdown and celebrating," he said. "But he is a team player from that fact: He loves the other receivers and the other guys to have success." The Cowboys face Rice on Saturday.