Dez Bryant

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about the regeneration of his route running or if he has made any progress in playing without thinking? Any route guru updates? Can I ask this weekly? :D

he's been playing without thinking for his entire career. he can't, and has never been able to, run a proper route. Romo made him look good, not the other way around.

Dre11

Reaction score
Someone was allowed out of his mom’s basement for the day....lol

John813

Reaction score
he's been playing without thinking for his entire career. he can't, and has never been able to, run a proper route. Romo made him look good, not the other way around.

Romo improvising made both receivers guys look good. How many highlights are from Romo scrambling for his life buying time?

But I will say his freak-god given ability also made him elite. Romo had the touch, but the younger Dez could simply outmuscle/outjump anyone for the ball. And it worked to the tune of mulitple 80+ catch seasons and double digit TDs.
I think Dez still has that ability to simply outmuscle most corners but the cone of error with him is low. Romo could pinpoint the pass the exact spot where a catch is possible. Dak still needs time to work on that, but to be fair to him he's a guy who has only played 33 games so far and he started right off the bat.
Romo didn't have Favres cannon arm but he was accurate on those medium to deep passes.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Romo improvising made both receivers guys look good. How many highlights are from Romo scrambling for his life buying time?

But I will say his freak-god given ability also made him elite. Romo had the touch, but the younger Dez could simply outmuscle/outjump anyone for the ball. And it worked to the tune of mulitple 80+ catch seasons and double digit TDs.
I think Dez still has that ability to simply outmuscle most corners but the cone of error with him is low. Romo could pinpoint the pass the exact spot where a catch is possible. Dak still needs time to work on that, but to be fair to him he's a guy who has only played 33 games so far and he started right off the bat.
Romo didn't have Favres cannon arm but he was accurate on those medium to deep passes.

Whether or not he can outmuscle someone for a jump ball doesn't change the fact that Dez simply does not have the intelligence to figure out how to run, or discipline to adhere to, a proper receiver route. He doesn't.