Dez Depreciation Thread

Verdict

Reaction score
This thread is created in the drama zone for all of the Dez bashers to line up like the actors did in the movie "Airplane!" when they lined up and slapped the hysterical woman over and over again. If you are a Dez Fan Boi, go find another thread to cry in snowflakes.

I'm super happy Dez is gone. I really felt sorry for the Dez fans when he was cut because I know how they felt. I felt the same way when Romo was cut. Not anymore. Some (not all) Dez Fan Bois are some of the meanest, hateful, most antagonistic people on the earth. So part of me is happy that those miserable people are upset. To the rest of the reasonable Dez fans who aren't like that -------this thread doesn't apply to you.

Im elated Dez was cut. I'm elated that they got rid of his attitude that was masqueraded as "passion". I'm glad they got rid of the excuses. I'm glad that Dak doesn't have to listen to "I'm open" anymore. I'm glad I don't have to watch passes dropped by Dez because he is "so passionate" that he drops the ball.

So enjoy the Dez Depreciation Thread people. Come one. Come all. Vent your frustration about the former 88 who is here no longer.

jay94

Reaction score
It probably seemed like I was happy that Dez was cut, but I am not, this team is worse now with out him. He wasn't near worth his salary one of the most overpaid guys in the league and that was my main issue. Even in his prime years thought he was overrated, yes an excellent redzone threat, but the field is 100 yards not 20. I also believe his career just highlights if any one player was underrated it was Romo, who half the fan base hated which I never could understand why.

Also elite receivers beat top tier corners, 9 x out of 10 Dez got beat in these battles and it was the never ending excuses, of whether it was Romo, a backup qb, or injuries.

Verdict

Reaction score
It probably seemed like I was happy that Dez was cut, but I am not, this team is worse now with out him. He wasn't near worth his salary one of the most overpaid guys in the league and that was my main issue. Even in his prime years thought he was overrated, yes an excellent redzone threat, but the field is 100 yards not 20. I also believe his career just highlights if any one player was underrated it was Romo, who half the fan base hated which I never could understand why.

Also elite receivers beat top tier corners, 9 x out of 10 Dez got beat in these battles and it was the never ending excuses, of whether it was Romo, a backup qb, or injuries.

I agree with all of that except the part about the team being worse off without Dez. Romo was one of the best and many despised him. I have never understood why. We would have been almost like Cleveland without him.

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree with all of that except the part about the team being worse off without Dez. Romo was one of the best and many despised him. I have never understood why. We would have been almost like Cleveland without him.
I feel the same. Romo was a very good QB.

As for being worse w/o Dez, that remains to be seen. IMO, I believe Gallup and/or Hearns being in will make the O flow better. Aside from possibly his red zone prowess, I'm just not comprehending what Dez brought to the table that will be missed all that much.

Verdict

Reaction score
I feel the same. Romo was a very good QB.

As for being worse w/o Dez, that remains to be seen. IMO, I believe Gallup and/or Hearns being in will make the O flow better. Aside from possibly his red zone prowess, I'm just not comprehending what Dez brought to the table that will be missed all that much.

The Fan Bois will miss everything about Dez. The team ceased to exist without Dez in their eyes. The Dez Fan Bois are as a mad about this Dez situation as if someone drove by and shot their dog.

jay94

Reaction score

We shall see, I really think our receiving core is in bad shape, I do like the Gallop pick. Maybe we don't need a number one time will time will tell.

Verdict

Reaction score
We shall see, I really think our receiving core is in bad shape, I do like the Gallop pick. Maybe we don't need a number one time will time will tell.

I don't think the loss of Dez is losing much. He just wasn't effective at all.

I think our receivers as a group will be better than last year in part because Dez is gone.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Dez provided some great moments for us during his tenure in Dallas. In his prime, he was a significant force and a game-changer. I wish Dez well.

foofighters

Reaction score
This thread is created in the drama zone for all of the Dez bashers to line up like the actors did in the movie "Airplane!" when they lined up and slapped the hysterical woman over and over again. If you are a Dez Fan Boi, go find another thread to cry in snowflakes.

I'm super happy Dez is gone. I really felt sorry for the Dez fans when he was cut because I know how they felt. I felt the same way when Romo was cut. Not anymore. Some (not all) Dez Fan Bois are some of the meanest, hateful, most antagonistic people on the earth. So part of me is happy that those miserable people are upset. To the rest of the reasonable Dez fans who aren't like that -------this thread doesn't apply to you.

Im elated Dez was cut. I'm elated that they got rid of his attitude that was masqueraded as "passion". I'm glad they got rid of the excuses. I'm glad that Dak doesn't have to listen to "I'm open" anymore. I'm glad I don't have to watch passes dropped by Dez because he is "so passionate" that he drops the ball.

So enjoy the Dez Depreciation Thread people. Come one. Come all. Vent your frustration about the former 88 who is here no longer.
Who?

kskboys

Reaction score
The Fan Bois will miss everything about Dez. The team ceased to exist without Dez in their eyes. The Dez Fan Bois are as a mad about this Dez situation as if someone drove by and shot their dog.
I don't think I'll ever comprehend rooting for a player over the team.

Johnny23

Reaction score
I don't think I'll ever comprehend rooting for a player over the team.
Because they're great @kskboys I think you actually fo get it. I was a big Joe Montana ,Jerry Rice,Walter Payton,Reggie White, and Bruce Smith fan grown up. If San Fran,Chicago, Phi/GB, or Buffalo played us I rooted hard against them. Other games I.marveled at their greatness.

It is not a sin to appreciate great players. Teams need them to win.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I guess I’m in the middle. Was a huge Dez fan when he was making circus catches and breaking TD records.

Then he got injured multiple times and we saw a three year decline. To me he was frustrated that his body failed him. In his mind he was still the same player yet the results just weren’t there.

At the end of the day if you are paid to be elite your performance must match and sadly that was no longer the case. Some people fade away gracefully, others get mislabeled..

If you are a fan of this team there has to be a small part of you that says damn, it sucks to see a once great talent cease to be, regardless of how they fade away...

To each his own but why kick somebody when they are down. Seems like a waste of energy and bandwidth.. Having said all that it was a business decision and time will tell how wise it was or wasn’t.

To me after three years of steady decline you gotta move on no matter how you feel about past performance.. In any event he made history and should be remembered for his success, not for his frustrations alone...

kskboys

Reaction score
Because they're great @kskboys I think you actually fo get it. I was a big Joe Montana ,Jerry Rice,Walter Payton,Reggie White, and Bruce Smith fan grown up. If San Fran,Chicago, Phi/GB, or Buffalo played us I rooted hard against them. Other games I.marveled at their greatness.

It is not a sin to appreciate great players. Teams need them to win.
Absolutely!!!! I was a Montana and Walter Payton fan myself. But I would never root for them over my Cowboys.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Absolutely!!!! I was a Montana and Walter Payton fan myself. But I would never root for them over my Cowboys.
Agreed. I feel that a lot of younger fans are more fans of certain players than teams. Especially with Fantasy football being what baseball/football cards was for us older guys.

landroverking

Reaction score
As I see it for every great one of a kind catch, there was an easy drop.
I’ll never truly understand that.
But I feel that fuels the divide with fans over Dez.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
I loved Dez, over the years he helped eagles win a bunch of games. Also helped me teach my kids how silly they look having tantrums in public . ty dez you will be missed .

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This league is pretty good at evaluating talent. It finds it's talent from all over the place, even some undrafted but they find a team and get the opportunity to show their stuff. There is no good reason to blacklist talent good enough to make a 53-man roster unless you are the scum of the earth. And yet Dez remains unemployed from the league. The Cowboys decision to cut bait with him seems to be justified. I just hope it pays dividends.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Sure Dez had some great plays because Tony could play street ball with him . There was always something with this guy pinky out of bounds didn't secure the ball and mentally weak .

Beyond that he lost his focus started hearing footsteps and couldn't catch the ball . Im not even going to get into the tantrums and putting undue pressure on our QB to throw at him while tightly covered .

Good things come to an end and he lost focus plus a step and was too mentally weak to change his game like the best receivers do when they get long in the tooth. It was a good move as we can see nobody is in any hurry to pick up him and his baggage .

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no reason to hate Dez. He should be pittied. He is a supremely gifted athlete with the maturity level of a cocky 7th grader. Not all his fault but we babied him way too long and enabled his behavior.