Twitter: Dez documentary on the Cowboys 2014 season

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Please stop it, people. Let it go. You may disagree with the rule in place at the time but it was applied correctly. Replay did its job. The overturn was predicted on the broadcast before it was announced. If you actually knew the rule there would not have been a surprise. Heartbreaking, yes, but not a surprise.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I was at the game and feel I was robbed of what would have been likely called "The Catch II." I cant stand to hear people bashing him.... oh hold onto the ball moron.... he did. He caught it with 2 hands, placed it into one hand, 3 steps forward and dove for the endzone. This play is the exact reason the league changed the rule a few years later. They didnt want to change the rule after that season because they know the outcry it would have sparked. And yep, I also think we go to the SB if we had beat the packers. We had already gone into Seattle and beat them earlier in the year.

Again, people just don't know the rule. When you're going to the ground, none of what you say matters unless he were able to execute a proper lunge. He did not. The only thing that could have saved him on the play as it was is if he kept the ball off the ground. He did not. He would have been able to juggle it 50 times so long as he eventually repossessed it. And the rule was actually changed after the Jesse James play against New England in the playoffs a few years later. Same rule application and outcry. That's what got people to work on it. But that won't make headlines around here the way victimhood will.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That play was Dez in a nut shell. Absolutely no reason not to come down with that ball but Dez finds a way. It always amazes me how no one holds him the least bit accountable. A truly great receiver secures that catch. A dope like Dez just can't help himself. Irvin makes that catch 100 out of 100 times. And even if he drops it he is still a 3 x superbowl champ. A true boss. The anti Dez.

I defend the ruling because I always want to accept reality as it is but you are off base here going to these extremes. You can fault Dez for trying to do too much but he was as fierce a competitor as we've had and the instinct of that kind of player is to score no matter what so I cut him some slack in that regard. What I also see is Beasley free on a slant and he gets the first down to keep the clock running. It's also hard to fault Romo completely because he did throw a perfect pass to Dez. You can rue many things but putting it all on Dez is shortsighted, IMO.

EGTuna

Reaction score
Even if he caught it, GB drives to win. The defense was GASSED.

The defense still had a chance to get a 3 and out, and failed miserably.

Defense lost the game combined with Murray's fumble.

JayFord

Reaction score
that catch or no catch ( it was a catch) really didnt bother me

whats the chances of Rodgers with a couple minutes left driving back down the field to ice the game?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Dez caught it for sure. What’s not for sure is believing that avg Dallas defense could have stopped Aaron Rodgers with 4 min left on the clock. Assuming we score a TD there, it’s 28-26. All Rodgers has to do is get them in position for a FG. Wish we could have seen that play out. Maybe we win- but it was no guarantee.

Exactly. Would have liked to have had the chance— but A Rod vs that D with that much time left makes a W on the road still a tough challenge

John813

Reaction score
I think I was legit LOLing after that game. Was long gone from being upset over games that we would lose like that.
Don't feel like rewatching that game/any documentary on it again though

Even if he caught it, GB drives to win. The defense was GASSED.

The defense still had a chance to get a 3 and out, and failed miserably.

Defense lost the game combined with Murray's fumble.

I think it's obvious* that when looking back on our playoff losses going back to 2007, it was never just one play that lost the game.

It always has been a team loss, but some just linger on the last "bad" play in the game.

Like 2016 the offense and defense was awol in the 1st half. We make a comeback but the play everyone remembers is the Byron Jones coverage play where he stops following Cook.

*General comment and not just addressed to you

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Also— the Murray fumble was the play that truly killed our chances. He was about to make a house call and Peppers saved a TD and took all the momentum away. Brutal

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I see the tinfoil hats are on snuggly today. Dr. Evil Goodell, secretly calling the officials to overturn the Dez catch. :muttley:

Truth is the call was right based on the dumb rule in place at the time. Everyone saw it was dumb, which is why the rule is different now.

Dallas still had over 4 minutes to get the ball back. Shocker, Green Bay ran out the clock. Same Achilles Heel the Cowboys have had for years, and are still trying to fix this season. It's also why that 2014 team was going to come up short, whether it was in Green Bay or later.

Still would've liked to see that catch stand just to now know what happened next.

EGTuna

Reaction score
I think I was legit LOLing after that game. Was long gone from being upset over games that we would lose like that.
Don't feel like rewatching that game/any documentary on it again though

I think it's obvious* that when looking back on our playoff losses going back to 2007, it was never just one play that lost the game.

It always has been a team loss, but some just linger on the last "bad" play in the game.

Like 2016 the offense and defense was awol in the 1st half. We make a comeback but the play everyone remembers is the Byron Jones coverage play where he stops following Cook.

*General comment and not just addressed to you

Good point. The big play from the 2016 loss that stands out to me is how the bleep Aaron Rodgers held onto the ball when Heath sacked him. Alas.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
That play was Dez in a nut shell. Absolutely no reason not to come down with that ball but Dez finds a way. It always amazes me how no one holds him the least bit accountable. A truly great receiver secures that catch. A dope like Dez just can't help himself. Irvin makes that catch 100 out of 100 times. And even if he drops it he is still a 3 x superbowl champ. A true boss. The anti Dez.
98% of the WRs in the league didnt have the ability to go up over the top and through the DB to even catch the ball to begin with, wth are you talking about?

erod

Reaction score
If that play happened anytime during the days of real football pre-2005, it wouldn't have even been discussed.

Then they turned football into a weekday game show, and you get this nonsense.

Obvious catch.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Good point. The big play from the 2016 loss that stands out to me is how the bleep Aaron Rodgers held onto the ball when Heath sacked him. Alas.
or better yet, why doesnt heath swipe at the ball from behind instead of just hitting him in the back?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I can blame Dez all I want he should have caught the ball. Murray should not have fumbled. The defense should not have choked. Lets go Cowboys.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dez caught it for sure. What’s not for sure is believing that avg Dallas defense could have stopped Aaron Rodgers with 4 min left on the clock. Assuming we score a TD there, it’s 28-26. All Rodgers has to do is get them in position for a FG. Wish we could have seen that play out. Maybe we win- but it was no guarantee.

That is the forgotten piece for sure Bob, I wish we had the chance but the odds were low in my opinion givin A-rod makes a living killing us on last drives.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
He swiped the arm. Rodgers just wouldn't let go.

He did not swipe.

Heath-Sack-AP.gif