Video: Dez getting punched in face during brawl

superonyx

Reaction score
No one watches ESPN...Unless there is a game on. So personally I don't care what or how they report.

The article about the fight they posted was cited as being from the Associated Press...a group of freelance reporters putting whatever spin they can to sell their version of the story to big media outlets with an obvious bias and agenda.

They will always paint Dez to be a thug and villain. Unfortunately this type of reporting gets views from casual sports fans.

Now imagine if Dez would have sucker punched a Rams player while the guy was being held back....wow that would have already had the commissioners office being pressured for a statement. Articles would be written about how Jerry Jones didn't want to pay Dez because of fears about his character. His mother would have been pulled into it ect.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I'd punch tyron for that. Wasn't that tyron holding dez while he got punched. Stay out of the way

Plankton

Reaction score
Read the ESPN article about the fight. Instead of talking about how one of the premier players in the league was sucker punched while being held back all they do is blame Dez and say he instigated the fight like he did with Pattmon.

Just disgusting reporting again and again.

Yes, the media is mischaracterizing the poor Cowboys again.

Are you serious with this?

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Instead cowboy fans whine its unfair. I smell a big fine coming and just don't care.

Will be interesting to see if there are any fines. I have a feeling there will be so many fingers pointing, they will just agree to walk away since no one was hurt. You get these amazing athletes who are born to compete at the highest level since grade school, juiced up on adrenalin and other testosterone enhancing drugs to practice a violent game at half speed and try to tell them to play nicely with the opponent (when their jobs/careers are on the line no less) and it makes a perfect recipe for a good dust up.
It's good to see the team not backing down and perhaps Dez will keep his helmet on next time. Ultimately ESPN, NFL and the teams themselves are laughing all the way to bank with this publicity. Jolly good show fellas.

Zordon

Reaction score
I love Tyron, but I wish he had a little more Marc Colombo/Ron Leary in him. Holding your teammate back like that is a no-no.

superonyx

Reaction score
Yes, the media is mischaracterizing the poor Cowboys again.

Are you serious with this?

Yes. Totally serious. Are you? And do you have a real point?
Or are you just one of the trolls that feels they can diminish another posters opinions or feelings by asking them if they are serious when its very clear to anyone with even the lowest level of comprehension that the post wasn't a joke. You can disagree with another's perspective without the low rent way of expressing yourself.

Zordon

Reaction score
I'm glad Tyron shows self restraint.I think if he ever really got pi$$ed he could kill somebody.

Self restraint would be standing between Dez and the Rams players or pushing back the Rams players. Holding your teammate back while he's getting swung on is just stupid.

Plankton

Reaction score
Yes. Totally serious. Are you? And do you have a real point?
Or are you just one of the trolls that feels they can diminish another posters opinions or feelings by asking them if they are serious when its very clear to anyone with even the lowest level of comprehension that the post wasn't a joke. You can disagree with another's perspective without the low rent way of expressing yourself.

Ahhhh....accuse a person, who doesn't see every article involving the Cowboys as a slam against the players and franchise, of being a troll. How very enlightened.

The article doesn't focus at all on Bryant causing the brawls. It mentions that his continued chirping after the brawls initially started contributed to the escalation of the second wave of fights. The article was written by Todd Archer, a guy who even the most ardent media-as-Cowboy-enemy poster would acknowledge is pretty even handed.

Archer had the benefit of actually being there and witnessing this first hand. You had the benefit of sitting on your couch and relying on media accounts of what took place.

And, you then turn and blame the media accounts for what they "focused" on, when the one line that set you off was in the middle of the article.

In other words, not a focus.

So, I'll ask you again, are you serious with this?

erod

Reaction score
The national theme on this is "same thuggish Cowboys at it again." It's based in Dez' temper tantrum against Patmon, which is still fresh in people's minds. All that constant chirping doesn't help.

But these are big boys. They can handle it.

According to Bryan Broaddus, the original cause of all this was a cheap shot by Andrew Gachkar earlier in the day, and it just escalated from there.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Self restraint would be standing between Dez and the Rams players or pushing back the Rams players. Holding your teammate back while he's getting swung on is just stupid.

Yeah... I remember back in the day.... Guys wouldn't punch you if you were being held back. It was more... "Let him go.... Let him go"

Punks hit you when you are being held.

Better to get between and push apart.

Oh well.

CowboyGil

Reaction score

Well, he is still a man-child unwise to all the ways of the world.;)

Zordon

Reaction score
The national theme on this is "same thuggish Cowboys at it again." It's based in Dez' temper tantrum against Patmon, which is still fresh in people's minds. All that constant chirping doesn't help.

But these are big boys. They can handle it.

According to Bryan Broaddus, the original cause of all this was a cheap shot by Andrew Gachkar earlier in the day, and it just escalated from there.

Idk how you can watch ESPN today. That network must be unbearable right now.

Donny Phoenix

Reaction score
Wooo!! Keep throwing gas on the fire.

Nothing like a punch in the eye to get those competitive juices flowing...

Good thing Dez is such a calm-natured, even-keeled guy!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dez needs to learn to stay out of a fight without his helmet on. We're just talking about a punch to the face, but it could have been much worse.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Ahhhh....accuse a person, who doesn't see every article involving the Cowboys as a slam against the players and franchise, of being a troll. How very enlightened.

The article doesn't focus at all on Bryant causing the brawls. It mentions that his continued chirping after the brawls initially started contributed to the escalation of the second wave of fights. The article was written by Todd Archer, a guy who even the most ardent media-as-Cowboy-enemy poster would acknowledge is pretty even handed.

Archer had the benefit of actually being there and witnessing this first hand. You had the benefit of sitting on your couch and relying on media accounts of what took place.

And, you then turn and blame the media accounts for what they "focused" on, when the one line that set you off was in the middle of the article.

In other words, not a focus.

So, I'll ask you again, are you serious with this?

Like he did in a fight with Patmon earlier in camp, he could not let it go and continued to yell at Rams players, eventually retriggering things.

I would say your first statement is at least a little inaccurate. It pretty much flat out says that he is responsible for triggering the 2nd wave of fighting, blaming it on his inability to let things go. It's an absurd statement, but there it is.