Video: Dez getting punched in face during brawl

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Thank Tyron Smith for that..the hell is he doing holding Dez, get in there push your weight.

superonyx

Reaction score
Ahhhh....accuse a person, who doesn't see every article involving the Cowboys as a slam against the players and franchise, of being a troll. How very enlightened.

The article doesn't focus at all on Bryant causing the brawls. It mentions that his continued chirping after the brawls initially started contributed to the escalation of the second wave of fights. The article was written by Todd Archer, a guy who even the most ardent media-as-Cowboy-enemy poster would acknowledge is pretty even handed.

Archer had the benefit of actually being there and witnessing this first hand. You had the benefit of sitting on your couch and relying on media accounts of what took place.

And, you then turn and blame the media accounts for what they "focused" on, when the one line that set you off was in the middle of the article.

In other words, not a focus.

So, I'll ask you again, are you serious with this?

I don't care who wrote the article. In fact Archer being there makes it even worse that he choose to selectively leave out details and put others in.
He says a helmetless Dez Bryant without ever mentioning how Dez had his helmet ripped off. Then he clearly says it was Dez yelling as the reason for the second wave of fights.

Bryant, who did not practice because of a hamstring strain, found himself in the middle of the fracas, running to the aid of his defensive teammates from the other field. Like he did in a fight with Patmon earlier in camp, he could not let it go and continued to yell at Rams players, eventually retriggering things.

He speaks more about Dez being to blame than he does about how Dez had his helmet ripped off and then while being restrained by Smith getting sucker punched in the face by a guy who was off to the side. The video clearly shows many Rams players taking cheap shots yet it doesn't get mentioned.
Whats ironic is how he blames Dez for retriggering the second fight and implies that he was also to blame for the Patmon fight. Yet he then writes this near the end of the article:

Patmon, who threw the first punch in his fight with Bryant on the fourth day of Cowboys camp, said he wasn't thinking about the fact that he joined the fray without a helmet.

You don't find it a bit interesting that Archer says this about a Rams player (the worst thing he said mentioning any rams player btw)

Defensive end Eugene Sims ran across the field and leveled Cowboys defensive end Ben Gardner.

Yet he leaves out any character assassinations like he did with Dez. He never mentions any Rams players being hot tempered. Never says anything negative about any of them. Yet Dez was singled out for not being able to let it go and yelling at Rams players until he triggered a fight like he apparently did with Patmon.

Reading this article paints a much different picture that what actually was shown to have happened. The picture it paints includes Dez being an out of control loudmouth who instigated part of this fight.
If I didn't see the disgusting video and only read Archers account of what happened I would believe something different than what the multiple videos clearly show.

Why are you quoting "focused" on when I never said that? If you want to quote me then at least get it right.
My original comment was that the media in this article talked about and blamed Dez for causing the second fight when the real story was minimized. The real story is the low life who sucker punches someone who is being held back by a teammate.

So to answer your question again. (since the first time you failed to comprehend the answer) Yes I am serious.

LongSnapper

Reaction score
If this happened to me at work I'd be filling charges..... you don't get a pass to be an a**
on the practice field

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
If this happened to me at work I'd be filling charges..... you don't get a pass to be an a**
on the practice field

nah, pressing charges in a situation like this is like being a prison snitch. You just don't do it. It would never stick anyways because Dez ran across the field to join in.

LongSnapper

Reaction score
nah, pressing charges in a situation like this is like being a prison snitch. You just don't do it. It would never stick anyways because Dez ran across the field to join in.

I'm talking in general not specifically Dez's situation, I'm a member of a union and if we started to behave in this manner you'd bet there would be some sit down time and hefty fines. My point being this sorta stuff shouldn't be tolerated. By the NFL or the Players Union, or from the law for that matter. Nobody here gets a pass from my perspective.....

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if they all of the players would act like adults and not children then this don't happen every team that has tried to have joint practices has ended this way

Satchel89

Reaction score
Everyone on ESPN is ripping on Dez for not having his helmet on. Then of course their also blaming the Cowboys because they love promoting that kind of stuff. It's so sickening. The Rams were the one's sucker punching players. What a load of crap

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Everyone on ESPN is ripping on Dez for not having his helmet on. Then of course their also blaming the Cowboys because they love promoting that kind of stuff. It's so sickening. The Rams were the one's sucker punching players. What a load of crap

It's entertainment. Literally nobody would watch if the story focused on the St Louis Rams. Nobody will click on the links...and so on

sideon

Reaction score
Even thought there's 2 videos showing the helmet was pulled off during the scuffle.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Hell of a cheap shot. You've got a helmet on and Dez didn't...and it didn't look like de was doing anything. But I sure don't know the full context...the whole story.

yeah no kidding, run up on the side in a helmet and hit a guy without one, real toughness there

DTown214

Reaction score
The stupidest part about the fight is that the media and obviously all the internet trolls aren't even acknowledging the fact that Dez was being wrapped up and held by possibly the strongest man in the NFL, Tyron Smith, when he got punched. Everyone's like "oooohhh Dez got punched!!"... I even watched First Take this morning and Ryan Clark was on there saying Dez needs to take boxing lessons from Floyd Mayweather. Like ***? What was he supposed to do? He couldn't move his arms to defend himself. Not only was the punch meaningless because of the position Dez was in, but it was actually incredibly impressive that he took a clean shot to his face from a 240 pound grown man and professional athlete and didn't even fall or seem to be fazed. But of course it's the Cowboys so the headlines will read "Dez Bryant gets clocked in the face and gets destroyed in a fight with a Rams player at training camp!"

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Eh, a fine or suspension doesn't do much for me.

Just let dez slug him back and we can call it even.

On a general note, I did like one suggestion i heard on the radio: if two guys get in a scrape during a scrimmage that's fine, but if a third player jumps in and attacks someone then toss him out. You can't stop guys from occasionally losing their cool but you can stop other guys from jumping in and turning it into a brawl.