News: Dez has hairline fracture in his knee

Sydla

Reaction score
We don´t even know the context of the situation... you don´t even know why he missed the meeting or the MRI. Maybe he didn´t want to take the MRI so he could play and give you guys another win. Dez Bryant is a leader and you can see it in the sidelines, he gets everyone hyped up. I really don´t understand the hate for this guy. We should want 53 Dez Bryants in this team.

Why is it that if someone criticizes Bryant, it's "hate" on him? It's such a lazy argument that you are making.

There's no excuse for blowing off a meeting or showing up late for a MRI. This idea that he showed up late or didn't want to show up at all so he could play this weekend is bogus because at some point, the doctors would just not clear him until he was examined and I suspect Garrett would be wise enough to not risk him.

So it was simply a fit of immaturity. That's just the reality. I don't want him traded. I don't want him cut. I want him to be on the field and making plays for the Cowboys. But in the end, reality is reality. Bryant acted immaturely earlier this week.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Why is it that if someone criticizes Bryant, it's "hate" on him? It's such a lazy argument that you are making.

There's no excuse for blowing off a meeting or showing up late for a MRI. This idea that he showed up late or didn't want to show up at all so he could play this weekend is bogus because at some point, the doctors would just not clear him until he was examined and I suspect Garrett would be wise enough to not risk him.

So it was simply a fit of immaturity. That's just the reality. I don't want him traded. I don't want him cut. I want him to be on the field and making plays for the Cowboys. But in the end, reality is reality. Bryant acted immaturely earlier this week.

Perfectly stated.

CowboyShuy

Reaction score

My point is, how can you call it immature without knowing what really happened. Everything that Dez Bryant has down lately was the opposite of immature as when he came out of college. This is an example of that game against Detroit where he was fired up in the sideline, everyone including the media blew up on him until they heard what he was really saying to Tony Romo and the coaches... I´m just saying we should wait and see the complete story to this before coming to conclusions.

I will give the benefit of the doubt to Dez. I understand it doesn´t sound good avoiding a meeting and showing up late for the MRI.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Is getting everyone hyped up on the sideline = leadership?

Just wondering.

In a sense, yes. Billick used to go up to Ray Lewis and tell him to rile up his troops on the sidelines to get them pumped up and ready to kill. Many other great coaches have used that same tactic as way to get the players' adrenaline and fight flowing. Intensity by osmosis. A leadership trait when used the way these dudes do it.

Others lead by example (DWare), but there's something to be said to have that fiery leader on the sidelines that calls on his men like a platoon sgt in the battle field :)

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
My point is, how can you call it immature without knowing what really happened. Everything that Dez Bryant has down lately was the opposite of immature as when he came out of college. This is an example of that game against Detroit where he was fired up in the sideline, everyone including the media blew up on him until they heard what he was really saying to Tony Romo and the coaches... I´m just saying we should wait and see the complete story to this before coming to conclusions.

I will give the benefit of the doubt to Dez. I understand it doesn´t sound good avoiding a meeting and showing up late for the MRI.

We know what happened. There's no excuse for doing what he did. None. Zip. Nada.

Well I take that back. If someone close to him had a serious medical issue, sure, then he can blow off meetings/MRI appointments.

You are likely such a Bryant fan that you can't bring yourself to admit that reality. That there really is no excuse for what he did and it just makes him look like the baby he can be from time to time.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

Dez plays with raw emotion. My guess, regarding this situation, is that he was so upset and disappointed about getting injured again that he needed some time to himself before facing the MRI and the likely possibility of an extended absence. I get it.

However, controlling your emotions and doing what needs to be done is part of maturity--a part Dez is lacking and may never develop.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We know what happened. There's no excuse for doing what he did. None. Zip. Nada.

Well I take that back. If someone close to him had a serious medical issue, sure, then he can blow off meetings/MRI appointments.

You are likely such a Bryant fan that you can't bring yourself to admit that reality. That there really is no excuse for what he did and it just makes him look like the baby he can be from time to time.
That's it, you got us all figured out..........we are nothing but a bunch Dez fans on a Cowboys fan board

What gave it away.....you, Stash and XWalker are worse than Commanders fans trolling this board

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Dez plays with raw emotion. My guess, regarding this situation, is that he was so upset and disappointed about getting injured again that he needed some time to himself before facing the MRI and the likely possibility of an extended absence. I get it.

However, controlling your emotions and doing what needs to be done is part of maturity--a part Dez is lacking and may never develop.

Dez = mental midget