News: Dez has hairline fracture in his knee

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Kind of hard when your 2 highest paid players are so undependible. No other team seems to have this problem year after year. The icing on the cake would be Tyron smith.

What do you think it is voodoo?

Bones break and ligaments tear it's what happens when you play sports. How would you prevent a bone from breaking?

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Re-watch the play and you'll see that he had 2 clear options.

Option 1: Head out of bounds and, at most, get shoved harmlessly towards the sidelines.

Option 2: Attempt to stiff-arm the LB and stay inbounds, despite the fact that the secondary was in pursuit and you wouldn't have gained more than a couple yards EVEN IF you avoided the LB's tackle.

Then remember that he already had the yardage for the 1st down... this happened in the 1st quarter of the game... and the game was in Week 3.

I went back and re-watched the play. Will all due respect Nav and to everyone else slamming Dez you guys are INSANE!!. I beg you to re-watch if possible. It's laughable. Dez catches about an 8 yard pass and the primary defender is right at his feet.. he easily breaks the first tackle. He then immediately takes off up the field but towards the sidelines with another defender breaking hard at him. Folks he's headed toward the sidelines but the streaming defender has more momentum and easily catches up.. Dez extends a stiff arm but he's dragged down awkwardly. I promise you..THIS WAS NOT AN EFFORT TO GAIN AN EXTRA TWO CHEAP YARDS. It's about as routine as it gets. I can't tell others how to feel about Dez but BLAMING him for this injury is simply absurd. Unless you're argument is that he shouldn't have broken the first tackle, you guys just don't make sense here in my humble opinion. He's actually running towards the sidelines with an attempt to stiff arm a hard charging defender. Good night.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
I'm am ardent Dez supporter, that will back him up. Not hurt feelings Miley, just sticking up for my guy. Now, who's feelings are hurt?
What? You're the one with all the "LEAVE DEZ ALONE!!!" posts.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
He and Dak seemed to have hit it off in preseason.

He did draw what looked like a pretty obvious interference v. the Bears, at least, this week.

A valid retort to my flippant skeptical post but even with that Butler is still hyped by many on this board more than his actual play warrants IMO. Hope they are right, though.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A valid retort to my flippant skeptical post but even with that Butler is still hyped by many on this board more than his actual play warrants IMO. Hope they are right, though.

It's easy to get excited about the fast backup.

Honestly, I was hoping for a couple big plays by him by now. Not that he'd be a down in, down out guy, but somebody who could beat single coverage deep every game or two that coordinators eventually had to take into account.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Because of injury? Unless you're going by Super Bowls? He's a leader, a warrior, an elite WR who keeps fracking breaking his bones, Dez backs it up, bruh, in the form of leading the league in TDs through his first four years. Just last game he gave Dak his first ever TD pass,

And about this running his mouth... what are you referring to? Do you want some weenie in the clubhouse that hides behind his locker and gets punked by the opposition?

If you want uniform players, adhering to a secret code of conduct, watch the NHL (and choose the Kings, they're awesome).

This is a "what have you done lately" league. What has our "warrior" done the past 2 years?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
This is a "what have you done lately" league. What has our "warrior" done the past 2 years?

He's been injured for most of it. But our warrior received Dak's first ever TD last week. Pretty lately, no?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Look, am I disappointed in how his last year and a half have gone -- absolutely. It's horrible. But I'm not ready to throw in the towel. He's our number 1 guy. He leads by example and creates mismatches for the rest of our players. Rival coaches have to game plan him, and he has the respect of the top corners in the league.

He's our guy, like it or not. Don't fight it.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Look, am I disappointed in how his last year and a half have gone -- absolutely. It's horrible. But I'm not ready to throw in the towel. He's our number 1 guy. He leads by example and creates mismatches for the rest of our players. Rival coaches have to game plan him, and he has the respect of the top corners in the league.

He's our guy, like it or not. Don't fight it.

Not arguing that at all. I know injuries cannot be avoided. Problem is, we have the same guys injured every year. It's frustrating when you rely on those guys.....

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Not arguing that at all. I know injuries cannot be avoided. Problem is, we have the same guys injured every year. It's frustrating when you rely on those guys.....

I completely agree with you there, but that's a different argument, no?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Going back and reading what you've written in this thread, that is, indeed a very different argument.