Dez heads to VR to Possibly Sign Deal **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
14 million a year isn't terrible, but the deal is a bit short for us.

He'll be almost 32 by the end of the deal and probably not worth $14 mil a year at that point. I'm sure we'd restructure to add years anyway if necessary.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
5 years is a good length.

Should see the end of the contract with out the "goofy" extra years to absorb the cap hit.

And in 5 years Dez will no longer be worth that kind of money ($14 mil per season).

those are just voidable or accounting years. they help with proration and egos.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Can we keep the whining about him missing games going? It was a foregone conclusion that he was being dumb yesterday, so i see no reason for that to change.

I'm sure most knew it was a negotiation tactic.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
5 years is a good length.

Should see the end of the contract with out the "goofy" extra years to absorb the cap hit.

And in 5 years Dez will no longer be worth that kind of money ($14 mil per season).

On the nosey!

I miss that.

burmafrd

Reaction score
5 years is good. As has been pointed out he will be 31 by then and have a fair amount of mileage on the tires.

And lets be honest- what are the odds we will have a QB by then who can really make the most of a top WR?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Cam is on but no one is in the booth at DC.com. I need details on DEZ folks... where are you?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dez and Hardy would not have been done with Murray also signed.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Cy0bR2k.gif

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I am not as convinced as you are that WR is core because I don't see elite teams leveraging their cap for WRs. Alot of good WR coming out of draft recently. This was as much PR move for Jerry as it was football move for Stephan.

Good luck with the offense without Dez, you pay the playmakers!

No need to beat this in the ground, we simply disagree!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
No - I actually think the record this year would be the same with or without Dez in 2015. Good thing is he really WANTS to be a Cowboy.

My point wasn't that you thought the records would be different... it was that you were going to take a negative slant no matter which way it fell. We can't win without Dez... or, That is too much money!

Like clockwork, I knew you'd do it.

That's because your an Eagles fan though, so no wonder it was so easy to predict.

Status
Not open for further replies.