Dez heads to VR to Possibly Sign Deal **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Bryant follows through on his threat to hold out if no long term deal is reached, would that change your opinion of him

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. He is a great receiver under or not under contract.

He is playing hardball to maximize any contract he can ultimately receive. The front office is looking short-term and long-term to maximize the salary cap. I don't blame either party.

I do blame the hard salary cap structure of the NFL and have done so for over twenty years. A soft salary cap would have generated a contract agreement much sooner in my opinion. Jones would have given him close or exactly what Bryant wanted if there were no salary cap at all. The NFL salary cap is a parity driven, restrictive piece of hey family forum.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I've honestly never liked him...

I don't know why, but to me, he's been the least likeable, yet successful player that we've had in a while.

Reactions: BAZ

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Absolutely.

It's my understanding that within the history of the franchise tag, not a single player has held out after being designated... Dez would be the first.

That's because deals usually get done before the deadline for players of Dez's caliber. Most GMs aren't this clueless.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
It would absolutely change my opinion about him. And it might cause the owners and players to re-visit how this should be used. Anthony Spencer is EXACTLY the type of situation this was created for. Dez Bryant. A top 2 or 3 player at his position. Who has been underpaid for years. And the owners had EVERY opportunity to walk up to him and give him a raise....like they walk up to players that are under performing and ask them to take a paycut or get cut. They chose not to do that. Dez never complained. And now when it is time to make it right....they can't make it right. This is not how this is supposed to work. He is hurt and confused.

This young man has experienced disappointment after disappointment. From his less than ideal upbringing, to the issues with his mom's incarceration, to all the leeches in college who caused him to lose his eligibility, to dropping in the draft, to being asked is his mom is a prostitute, AND....to some of his OWN doing. Then making it to the pros....and BALLING out. Being UNDERPAID. Trying so desperate to distance himself from his past...he offered to work for Jordan Brand for FREE. He was simply trying to distance himself from his past. To making the play of the year in the playoffs....then having it STOLEN from him. This young man has been driven to finally get his chance at redemption. And the organization....whom not he thought would help him make it right. Showed him once again...what this is REALLY all about. And if they do not get him signed....and he sits....he once again...will realize that in this LIFE...you better trust yourself and look out for number 1 first....because that is what everyone else does!

His loyalty is being tested. And he is lashing out like a wounded animal. And if this continues to go the way it is going....this will be life changing for him. He will seriously question if they passion he has...towards football...is misplaced

Fans want the players to do it for the love. Owners....10 times out of 10. Do this FIRST and FOREMOST....for the money!

Last edited:

sbark

Reaction score

He is playing hardball to maximize any contract he can ultimately receive. The front office is looking short-term and long-term to maximize the salary cap. I don't blame either party.

I do blame the hard salary cap structure of the NFL and have done so for over twenty years. A soft salary cap would have generated a contract agreement much sooner in my opinion. Jones would have given him close or exactly what Bryant wanted if there were no salary cap at all. The NFL salary cap is a parity driven, restrictive piece of hey family forum.

Gotta figure if there was this so-called "soft cap" Dez's demands would be that much higher. All the self perceived prima-donna's in the NFL would've driven things up to where the owners would have to do what they did last time under the Union contract negotiations.

Will I change my opinion of Dez---nope, pretty much knew what we had over time.

sbark

Reaction score

Gotta figure if there was this so-called "soft cap" Dez's demands would be that much higher. All the self perceived prima-donna's in the NFL would've driven things up to where the owners would have to do what they did last time under the Union contract negotiations.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I won't argue that. I'll say you're 100% correct. If I had the ability to roll time back to the pre-1994 CBA era, I would do so in an instant. I care far less about the glory of the NFL and other teams' fans than I do this franchise. Screw the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.